Which direction is speed camera facing?

A5ph

Neutral Newbie

Have always been curious.

For the ones at BKE, you can see that the lens is facing towards the direction which you are headed, i.e. your speed will be detected just after you pass by the camera.

What about those fridge-like speed camera (like at PIE or Yishun). I can't seem to see any clear lens, except for a small black window. Does it detect your speed before or after you pass beside it?

↡ Advertisement

Have always been curious.

For the ones at BKE, you can see that the lens is facing towards the direction which you are headed, i.e. your speed will be detected just after you pass by the camera.

What about those fridge-like speed camera (like at PIE or Yishun). I can't seem to see any clear lens, except for a small black window. Does it detect your speed before or after you pass beside it?

Both the latest type at BKE having 2 sided camera whereis the older type will swivel from time to time

Neutral Newbie

Whether your directional facing cams or fridge like cams they are all the same with only different casing. They detect your speed when you go past them and if they detect speeding, they capture your rear and not your front, i.e., after you pass them. No cams will detect your front and snap the front else the flash might blind the driver. Just think.. Government succeed in getting, say, 150 bucks fine but end up with blinded driver killing 3 road users/pedestrians.. Dun make sense right?

Not telling people to speed, but if you are really not sure if the camera will snap you.

Stay on lane 2 or 3.

Leave those cameras to those who feel they are more photogenic.