Auto Car stalling

Babysaint

hi guys.. im driving a subaru legacy gt(bl9) and i recently installed a greddy rs bov. and my car has been stalling. aftr heavy flooring my rpm(5-6Krpm) just drops to zro and car stalls. any possible causes for it?

↡ Advertisement

hi guys.. im driving a subaru legacy gt(bl9) and i recently installed a greddy rs bov. and my car has been stalling. aftr heavy flooring my rpm(5-6Krpm) just drops to zro and car stalls. any possible causes for it?

that sad, hmm from a cow boy ws?

You will probably need to increase the spring tension on the BOV. When the valve does not close quickly enough, it will cause idling to be erratic and as well as the vehicle stalling after you jab at the throttle and release it quickly.

You should send it back to the workshop who installed it for you to tighten the tension on the spring.

Just to add since we're on the subject of bob. Will it cause power loss? My car like not ad responsive as before leh...

Yes. Subarus are designed to use Bypass Valves (BPV) instead of Blow-off Valves (BOV).

A BPV will redirect the excess pressure to before the turbo so that the built-up pressure will not be entirely lost, hence it makes the car more "responsive."