Mini countryman

Dice

I would go for clubman.

Especially the ambulance door.

my wife trade-in her cooper s to a clubman s recently, all becoz of it 2 unique ambulance door.

tested the 1,5l countryman and the power is definitely adequate for a normal daily drive. may need to reserve some distance

to build up speed when overtaking along nshw. overall it is a nice car with good driver visibility.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Why Clubman and not the classic Mini Cooper?

Clubman is machiam a wagon, tourer type which fit me.

Cooper too hippy. Me old man liao.

Countryman machiam suv which I not too inclined to.

me too especially the clubman JCW...

Me easily satisfied.

Approx 200hp 300Nm is good enough for me.

• Praise 2

Me easily satisfied.

Different case for me, as get older, legs get weaker find it easier to slide into the seat of taller car

Me easily satisfied.

Ok. At least you are not telling me you are buying the Mini clubman for the space. Lol...

I remember you are driving a 5-er, Mini is a very different drive. It is fun when driven aggressively but I will take the 5-er anytime. Just my personal preference.

• Praise 1

Ok. At least you are not telling me you are buying the Mini clubman for the space. Lol...

I remember you are driving a 5-er, Mini is a very different drive. It is fun when driven aggressively but I will take the 5-er anytime. Just my personal preference.

Well when making a change, that's when brain takes over heart. If yolo, then just hoot then say.

• Praise 1

That shows you are old liao.

• Praise 1

That shows you are old liao.

ð

I am old enough. Hahaha....

IMHO, Mini is best driven on narrow winding country roads, preferably with some serious bends able to burn some extra grippy rubber, eg. England's lake district, Great Ocean Rd or Hana in Hawaii.

For daily commute in SG's bumper to bumper city traffic, I actually prefer the comfort of a more insulated cabin. The go-kart suspension, while fun on a coastal drive, can be uncomfortable in our humps everywhere, stop-go traffic, especially for longer drive.

Driving a Mini is thus akin to keeping a passionate sex-craze mistress, you got to fxxk her hard to get the most juice out of her, but in SG, it is hard to climax (wee hours sex may be better than morning sex. hahaha). For me, easier to achieve orgasm in the 5-er but maybe the cum is not as hard but it is definitely more balanced. Wahahahaha....

Having said that, Mini's OMV is much lower than the 5-er, so this is not a fair comparison. The above are just personal opinion and preference. I know many diehard Mini fans will disagree. Have a good weekend.

• Praise 4

The new 3rd generation 2L engined cooper s electronic controlled  dynamic suspension is much much comfortable than any previous generation minis (1.6 SC to the 1.6 T) without giving away too much fun......electrical steering might be a tad less responsive than the hydralic ones but not by much.

and suddenly the mistress is not so hardcore anymore, easier to visit daily and can cook you a meal once in a while (with 5 door versions, clubman, paceman/countryman).

IMHO, Mini is best driven on narrow winding country roads, preferably with some serious bends able to burn some extra grippy rubber, eg. England's lake district, Great Ocean Rd or Hana in Hawaii.

For daily commute in SG's bumper to bumper city traffic, I actually prefer the comfort of a more insulated cabin. The go-kart suspension, while fun on a coastal drive, can be uncomfortable in our humps everywhere, stop-go traffic, especially for longer drive.

Driving a Mini is thus akin to keeping a passionate sex-craze mistress, you got to fxxk her hard to get the most juice out of her, but in SG, it is hard to climax (wee hours sex may be better than morning sex. hahaha). For me, easier to achieve orgasm in the 5-er but maybe the cum is not as hard but it is definitely more balanced. Wahahahaha....

Having said that, Mini's OMV is much lower than the 5-er, so this is not a fair comparison. The above are just personal opinion and preference. I know many diehard Mini fans will disagree. Have a good weekend.

The new 3rd generation 2L engined cooper s electronic controlled dynamic suspension is much much comfortable than any previous generation minis (1.6 SC to the 1.6 T) without giving away too much fun......electrical steering might be a tad less responsive than the hydralic ones but not by much.

and suddenly the mistress is not so hardcore anymore, easier to visit daily and can cook you a meal once in a while (with 5 door versions, clubman, paceman/countryman).

Yes, the newer Minis are getting less and less "go kart."

Mistress is to sextify you, for daily meals, your GLC is better

The new 3rd generation 2L engined cooper s electronic controlled dynamic suspension is much much comfortable than any previous generation minis (1.6 SC to the 1.6 T) without giving away too much fun......electrical steering might be a tad less responsive than the hydralic ones but not by much.

3rd gen BMW Mini has lost its chic interior design. A lot of interior switches are from BMW parts bin.

I am not so sure why ppl find 2nd gen uncomfortable. To me, 2nd gen Mini suspension is not that hardcore.

That's why I say u old liao. I meant not in age wise.

I moved from 5er to MRS to Mini.

The fact of life is that Mini is BMW now. 

The twinpower turbo is used across BMW/Mini range:

F48-BMW-X1-Review-50-630x410.jpg

MiniCooperSGen3_10.jpg

See the similarity in layout and parts. 

Even the dynamic suspension, infotainment are all BMW sourced. 

I owned/drove the pre-BMW supercharged 1.6T, test drove the 2nd gen BMW 1.6T, tested the 3rd gen BMW 2.0T. With each generation, the mini become less raw and edgy, more refined in ride, handling and interior. 

Not debating which is best or good for everyone. Everyone will have their preference. Technology evolve, so will mini. You will have hardcore fans insisting on keeping their original minis, dissing the modern days minis, as that they say those are the only true mini. 

For me, I like the 3rd generation best of the 3 experience.

In fact looking forward to concluding a deal on a 3rd gen soon. 

3rd gen BMW Mini has lost its chic interior design. A lot of interior switches are from BMW parts bin.

I am not so sure why ppl find 2nd gen uncomfortable. To me, 2nd gen Mini suspension is not that hardcore.
That's why I say u old liao. I meant not in age wise.

I moved from 5er to MRS to Mini.

• Praise 2

(edited)

MiniCooperSGen3_10.jpg

I owned/drove the pre-BMW supercharged 1.6T, test drove the 2nd gen BMW 1.6T, tested the 3rd gen BMW 2.0T. With each generation, the mini become less raw and edgy, more refined in ride, handling and interior.

Not debating which is best or good for everyone. Everyone will have their preference. Technology evolve, so will mini. You will have hardcore fans insisting on keeping their original minis, dissing the modern days minis, as that they say those are the only true mini.

Nowadays, it is common for parts sharing. Not to the extent of losing its chic appeal.

The buttons of infortainment looks like another BMW.

The door card used to simplistic. Now, its looks door card of another BMW.

Anyway, Waiting for you to join Mini bandwagon

Edited by Davidtch

MiniCooperSGen3_10.jpg

Did you experience dynamic damping previously? Any feedback? I only know that it smoothes put irregularities from the roads but far from being air suspension.

(edited)

MiniCooperSGen3_10.jpg

Congrats! Got wife got mistress, you will be a satisfied and sextified man.

Edited by Voodooman

Iirc, the dynamic damping is new to the 3rd Gen onwards. 

It is not a constantly varying damping system like the merc Air suspension, which, is a very good system to smooth out road irregularities that the real "magic carpet" ride merc is famous for. 

What the mini dynamic damping does is to allow selection of firm vs normal damping rate electronically as part of the programmable drive modes (sports/normal/eco). So you get 2 fixed rate dampings, one normal for daily sane run-about and a firmer damping for the fun twisty roads. I must say it works pretty well, can feel the difference prominently. 

That's why I say the 3rd Gen Mini is much more versatile and modernised for the large percentage of drivers who don't like to have the edgy drive feel all the time. Of cos the caveat is that a small proportion of mini owners prefer to have the edgy gokart feel all the time. 

Did you experience dynamic damping previously? Any feedback? I only know that it smoothes put irregularities from the roads but far from being air suspension.

What the mini dynamic damping does is to allow selection of firm vs normal damping rate electronically as part of the programmable drive modes (sports/normal/eco). So you get 2 fixed rate dampings, one normal for daily sane run-about and a firmer damping for the fun twisty roads. I must say it works pretty well, can feel the difference prominently.

Thanks. So dynamic damping is more for firming up the suspension rather than making it less bumpy under normal mode? Is there any difference in ride quality with or without dynamic damping under normal mode? Guess I’ll need to tone down my expectations then.

Just imagine dynamic damping as 2 settings: hard vs normal. 

Did not play with the driving mode customisation, apparently you can customise the throttle response, engine output?, damper setting for ea h of the modes. 

I find normal damper setting absorbs speed regulating strips and the bounce after road humps very well. But of cos normal mini damper setting is still harder than run of the mill sedans/hatch.

Disclaimer, I only tested the 2.0T Cooper S. Not sure if it applies to the Cooper/One. 

In comparison with the adjustable damper setting of my previous lexus GS, the sports suspension (supposedly firmer) and normal suspension difference almost negligible. 

Thanks. So dynamic damping is more for firming up the suspension rather than making it less bumpy under normal mode? Is there any difference in ride quality with or without dynamic damping under normal mode? Guess I’ll need to tone down my expectations then.

↡ Advertisement