Mini countryman

Dice

Turbocharged

Something for everybody.  The ori mini is much too tiny for people such as I.  Very Jialat driving it.  The M113 and the bionix got bigger space with gear on.  Yes.  Big horsepower is really fun. 

The plus size countryman is just right.

Today saw many Minis around for me.  Altogether I think three the entire day or was it four.  Bright headlights. 

Nice.   

Supersonic

The fact of life is that Mini is BMW now. 

The twinpower turbo is used across BMW/Mini range:

F48-BMW-X1-Review-50-630x410.jpg

MiniCooperSGen3_10.jpg

See the similarity in layout and parts. 

Even the dynamic suspension, infotainment are all BMW sourced. 

I owned/drove the pre-BMW supercharged 1.6T, test drove the 2nd gen BMW 1.6T, tested the 3rd gen BMW 2.0T. With each generation, the mini become less raw and edgy, more refined in ride, handling and interior. 

Not debating which is best or good for everyone. Everyone will have their preference. Technology evolve, so will mini. You will have hardcore fans insisting on keeping their original minis, dissing the modern days minis, as that they say those are the only true mini. 

For me, I like the 3rd generation best of the 3 experience.

In fact looking forward to concluding a deal on a 3rd gen soon. 

When MINI was absorbed by BMW, I knew it is a matter of time more and more parts will be shared by both brands.

Hope BMW will not do the same to RR. 

Thanks. So dynamic damping is more for firming up the suspension rather than making it less bumpy under normal mode? Is there any difference in ride quality with or without dynamic damping under normal mode? Guess Iâll need to tone down my expectations then.

Just go test drive it but make it a longer drive. My daily ride is an executive sedan with cushy suspension, so my butt might be more sensitive but Mini is still fun to drive alone.

Actually, are you shopping for a car and mini is under your shortlist? 

As what many here proposed, do go for a test drive to see if it suits you. 

No one can say mini is not a fun car. But not everyone can take the type of suspension that contributes to the go-kart feel that mini is famous for.

Just like BMW, you cannot have the ultimate driving machine and great handling without the suspension being firmer than usual (compared to Merc) to control the lateral movements and helping with the precise handling.

Guess I’ll need to tone down my expectations then.

When MINI was absorbed by BMW, I knew it is a matter of time more and more parts will be shared by both brands.

Hope BMW will not do the same to RR. 

BMW did not absorbed MINi.  Rather, when Rover was sold, MINI marque was retained by BMW.

For RR, BMW bought spirit of ecstasy and grill from VW.  While the name licensed by RR plc.

RR Phantom MK8 is build on RR chassis which is a 1st for BMW RR.

The sames chassis is/will used for Cullinan, Ghost, Dawn & Wraith.

Thanks all. I indented Cooper Countryman with dynamic damping. As this feature is only available on Cooper S version, I did test drive as well but find the driving feel to be very different from Cooper, more noisy, bumpy but much faster. I guess the weight of the engine and the overall setup differentiates Cooper from S version.

VRN allocated before hari raya and collecting ONE on Mon.

Looking at the clubman making me drool. But a sorento is also available at this price range.

I know it's a strange comparison between a muscling suv and a chic looking wagon.

Looking at the clubman making me drool. But a sorento is also available at this price range.

I know it's a strange comparison between a muscling suv and a chic looking wagon.

Had collected my countryman yesterday
  • Praise 1

Countryman also comes with new tail light like union Jack?

Congrats !!!!!

Thanks ...no the Union Jack tail light but with the new MINI logo..

Congrats to you too!

Congrats.

Traded in your car?

Congrats.

Traded in your car?

Traded in c4. Wifey ride.

Thanks ...no the Union Jack tail light but with the new MINI logo..

Congrats to you too!

Show pic of countryman tail light bro....

bro dont kiamp sia with the pix leh....more more of the whole car. :want:

Thought you only want to see tail light actually you want to beo the kar chng

post-1591-0-58733100-1529194564_thumb.jpg

Hi all, thinking of getting a vehicle and the 2012 Cooper S Countryman (Pre-facelift) is in my shortlist.

Any comments on the car? Have went to see a few units but condition isn’t good.

↡ Advertisement