Any successful travel insurance claim before ?

Joemit7850

Just want to check have anyone of you make any successful claim to Jetcover before? it is a travel insurance policy.

early this month i have tried to make a claim due to the flight delay of about 8 hours . after sending the document which they require,

one week later, i received a email reply asking for the same document again, i tried again to resend it with attachment and include my HP no. for her to call me, another week past, i receive the same reply again.. the frustration is they do not leave any tel no. for me to call back and ask.... and when i tried to contact the insurance claim no. from the website, the insurance claim that they are from different department, and when i asking for the telephone no. for the relevant claim department, their reply are they do not know the no???

week after week, how can we expect much from this in-house insurance company when they can't even have a proper customer office who can handle all these enquires when customer having problem.

JS and Chart [thumbsdown]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Usually I buy travel ins thru an agent who is also someone I know. Any claim I just ask him to settle it for me. He earn my commission so he have to do some work. Hehe...

Usually I buy travel ins thru an agent who is also someone I know. Any claim I just ask him to settle it for me. He earn my commission so he have to do some work. Hehe...

yes usually i did that as well but this trip was a very short so thinking of save all the trouble.. and now the problem come..

I did succesfully claim from a travel insurance before.

Summit documents and reasons of not taking the flight (BKK Riots) and flights pre-booked much eariler.

3 weeks, they didn't call but when I enquiry about it to their hotline, they said that it is in process.

When I asked more questions, they can't answer me as well.

Shortly, I received the email that my claims is successful and they will mail the chq to me after clearing their accounts department which took over 2 weeks.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Bought HSBC travel insurance, and was reimbursed the bulk of the claimed amount (airfare, hotel room charges etc) with no question asked (even if there were questions asked, I cannot recall.....), after submitting printed AirAsia tickets, hotel booking confirmation documents, flight cancellation notices and newspaper reports. It was due to the closure of Suvarnabhumi and other airports due to strike.

Edited by Hwt
  • Praise 2

always successful.... 4 times with NTUC, once with ACE Insurance...

Never wanted to buy in house airlines insurance..... no confidence [rolleyes]

Edited by Pltang
  • Praise 2

Had a travel insurance claim with NTUC before. Took abt 3 weeks before they pay me back.

I claimed for the Rental Car Excess.

• Praise 1

I did succesfully claim from a travel insurance before.

Summit documents and reasons of not taking the flight (BKK Riots) and flights pre-booked much eariler.

3 weeks, they didn't call but when I enquiry about it to their hotline, they said that it is in process.

When I asked more questions, they can't answer me as well.

Shortly, I received the email that my claims is successful and they will mail the chq to me after clearing their accounts department which took over 2 weeks.

but i believe yours should not be a in-house insurance right?

actually if the problem is not so serious until it cause you an arm or a leg....better don't claim...it is the same logic as car insurance...if u claim it...i guess the premium for the next time will be higher....in fact, for me, travel insurance is mainly to ensure i covered in cases where I'm really down, like Accident, stay in hospital and touch wood....death...other thingy like delay flight....in my opinion...let it go la...,,by the way....do insurance company keep a common claim data base? so if I buy from company A...i claimed from them...next time, I buy from company B....will they know I claim before?

Edited by LoverofCar
  • Praise 1

actually if the problem is not so serious until it cause you an arm or a leg....better don't claim...it is the same logic as car insurance...if u claim it...i guess the premium for the next time will be higher....in fact, for me, travel insurance is mainly to ensure i covered in cases where I'm really down, like Accident, stay in hospital and touch wood....death...other thingy like delay flight....in my opinion...let it go la...,,by the way....do insurance company keep a common claim data base? so if I buy from company A...i claimed from them...next time, I buy from company B....will they know I claim before?

thought their premiums are "fixed" like 3 days in MY is X dollars per pax???

• Praise 1

if so, if u declare that you never claim before and later they find out...it will be a fault declaration and u will get nothing even if it is a big problem like ''mati'' or accident...so I guess the premium will change if one ever claim it....so better think before u claim here claim there....these insurance company will never make losing money business .....

Edited by LoverofCar

I also claimed successfully before from AXA for medical fees(Cold and fever after coming back from trip)... no questions asked..but processing took about 2mths..

I cannot remember my insurance company but once i claimed was from qbe. Anyway, first time my money was stolen in amsterdam, I got the 500 sing max as compensation. I lost over a thousand dollars, though. All i needed was the police report, which was writtened in dutch, the company asked to to just write in short in english what i lost.

Second time, i was late for my flight cos the public bus did not come. Wasted one day. The bus company (in new york) denied their bus was late but i persisted, firing email after email from singapore until they sent an email saying the bus got engine trouble. I printed out the email and sent as claim to the insurance company and got my compensation

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1