Can Porsche Boxster take 95RON?

Vinceng

Plugs can handle 2T pretty well. 2T engine also uses sparkplug. Their spark plugs are nothing special. If plugs foul, that amount of oil is too much even for a 2 stroke engine which requires 2T oil.

Actually the piston ring makes use of the combustion pressure and seals pretty well. If blowby is as serious as you say it is, you will find your engine "eating" oil. This is not the norm. So in a normal engine, oil loss after 10000km will be less than 100cc. I can attest to that as I change my own oil.

So how minute an amount of 2T are you putting into your tank in the course of 10000km?

Peraps you should search for a device called oil seperator. Those use remove it and use an oil catch can will know how much oil they are losing. Most of the oil lost is not thru piston rings but thru your positive crank case valve. If not for the oil seperator to reclaim back the oil, most of it will get into your combustion chamber and get burnt and your engine will be eating alot more oil.

Of course, it also depends on engine. Newever engines today have tigher tolerances so they consume less oil compared to older ones. NA engines also consume less oil compared to high boost Turbo engines mainly due to larger clearance needed for turbo engines.

10000KM...hmm.... Say 7KM/L (for my case), thats about 1400L of petrol so I use around 1.4L of 2T oil.

Having said that, I do get fouling of plugs and O2 sensors. Not because of the 2T oil but due to running too rich under boost. So, if I boost alot, I also ned to "clean" up by running lean (I am using aftermarket ECU so I can set my fuel and ignition). This will clear will the soot.

↡ Advertisement

Aiyah, that person might not be the owner. Could be a borrowed one and pump fuel before he returns the car to owner. Bloody cheapo, save only a few bucks. Most performance cars need 98RON to perform optimumly. Manual says can pump lower octane but with lower power and higher consumption. So LPPL

Neutral Newbie

Peraps you should search for a device called oil seperator. Those use remove it and use an oil catch can will know how much oil they are losing. Most of the oil lost is not thru piston rings but thru your positive crank case valve. If not for the oil seperator to reclaim back the oil, most of it will get into your combustion chamber and get burnt and your engine will be eating alot more oil.

Of course, it also depends on engine. Newever engines today have tigher tolerances so they consume less oil compared to older ones. NA engines also consume less oil compared to high boost Turbo engines mainly due to larger clearance needed for turbo engines.

10000KM...hmm.... Say 7KM/L (for my case), thats about 1400L of petrol so I use around 1.4L of 2T oil.

Having said that, I do get fouling of plugs and O2 sensors. Not because of the 2T oil but due to running too rich under boost. So, if I boost alot, I also ned to "clean" up by running lean (I am using aftermarket ECU so I can set my fuel and ignition). This will clear will the soot.

Does a mixture ratio of 1:1000 actually work? What diffence do you feel?

Does a mixture ratio of 1:1000 actually work? What diffence do you feel?

Yes, it does. I get slightly better FC and engine feels smoother overall. Its not myth, its explainable.

Cause the 2T oil provides upper cylinder lubrication. As your pistons moves down the cylinder and air/fuel mixtures goes in, there is very little oil on cylidner walls as they have been removed by the piston rings. Thus the 2T oil will help to lubricate the cylinder walls to reduce friction.

Premium Petrol like Esso 98, V-power and Caltex Paltinum also provides anti-friction additives to act a upper cylinder lube. But I don't feel its very effective, as least for the case of the Caltex Platinum.

of course, there are other types of additves for the fuel like the Redline fuel cleaner which also provides lubrication. But they are ususally expensive compared to plain 2T oil. And good thing about 2T oil is that it contains high amts of detergene to keep combustion chamber clean (because 2T engines have poor combustion thus their oil requires more detergenes.

↡ Advertisement