Singapore-registered Daihatsu Copen abandoned at KL carpark

Wubb

singaporeregistered_car_abandoned_at_kl_carpark-thumbnail.jpg

hobbithouse2-data.jpg

STOMPer Ng spotted this Singapore-registered car at a carpark in Kuala Lumpur and wonders if the owner is aware that the car is there.

The STOMPer wrote:

"While on a business trip two weeks back, I saw this Singapore-registered car that was parked at the Crowne Plaza Mutiara Hotel Carpark in KL.

"From the looks of it, it seems that the car was parked there for more than a year since the road tax already expired on June 2009. And there was a thick layer of dust on the body of the car.

"Hope this post will help the owner find the car."

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sg...kl_carpark.html

↡ Advertisement

Maybe the scrap yard people drag if over there and use it as a normal car since the government there will not stop you to check for your roadtax. But I am surprise if this is true that it has parked there for a year that no one actually tried to steal it.

What can they do?? I think the most investigate the company that did the scrapping of the vehicle. I don't think they will bother Malaysia police for this case. Maybe just send an email to them and if never reply just forget it unless this is Mr Lee's car.

Edited by Ghostami

should call police and report suspicious car... otherwise wrong can't sack will say is complacent.

good catch... didnt know they test till to kl... maybe that copen is just one of the car.... there could be more ... maybe can go genting carpark look for any suspicious sg car..... [laugh]

I think the car was stolen here and then managed to drive past custom.

I think the car was stolen on beginning of 2009 before the road tax. After learning that his car is stolen he report police and eventually deregister the car. I hope some of the copen owner after reading this go and notify their clubs.

Interesting. So does it mean you can drive a SG registered car in MY without paying road tax or insurance etc for both countries (after declaring it as lost to LTA & insurance co.)?