Expat blogger calls Singaporeans stupid

Kezg1

The following sentences are extracted from the Caucasian's blog:

"But Singaporeans really are frustratingly stupid.

"Fortunately their birthrate is only about 1.25, so they will all die off soon enough.

"Hopefully the Chinese, Malays and Indians that replace them will be smarter.

"I don't like criticizing the intellectually handicapped, but in Singapore there would be few left others to criticize.

"Singaporeans don't seem to be able to think for themselves.

"An absolute herd mentality."

...This white trash born loser who does not know how to blend into the society and manipulate to his

advantage....still dare to voice his shallowness criticism in the public forum. What does our forumers say

about such idiotic posting...your comments

↡ Advertisement

Rethink again.......there is truth in what he has written.

Look around you when you go out and you will see what exactly he means.

I'm a Singaporean, proud as I may be of my country, but never of some of my people

for what they do locally and abroad, shames the country we live in and call home.

And the last statement is also very true. If you reexamine what I have said,

then will you only see the ugly truth surface.

"Fortunately their birthrate is only about 1.25, so they will all die off soon enough.

"I don't like criticizing the intellectually handicapped, but in Singapore there would be few left others to criticize.

...This white trash born loser who does not know how to blend into the society and manipulate to his

advantage....still dare to voice his shallowness criticism in the public forum. What does our forumers say

This part seems correct.

But i don't like being abused.

If he's an able person,he should have used better ways to influence us.

Edited by Csnewbie

Sorry, i admit i have some prejudice against them.

I never really like them . Period

[:)]

Yea right, but who caused the worldwide financial crisis? The so called "intellectual" ang mohs, esp the US. Greed and dishonesty.

I think their financial model of driving revenue is already outdated, opens up companies to take too much of a risk for driving revenue instead of driving up shareholders value instead , a much more conservative model from the Europeans. U see many CEOs and directors paid tons of money for failure, that really sucks when u have pensioners and old fogeys losing their retirement nest eggs whist those f*cktards laugh all the way to the bank.

So i do not think we are the bigger idiiots here (even though i accept the herd mentality part)

Sorry, i admit i have some prejudice against them.

I never really like them . Period

[:)]

haha, i think i like the banglas more than i like the tiongs. Banglas more friendly ... ...

Rethink again.......there is truth in what he has written.

Look around you when you go out and you will see what exactly he means.

I'm a Singaporean, proud as I may be of my country, but never of some of my people

for what they do locally and abroad, shames the country we live in and call home.

And the last statement is also very true. If you reexamine what I have said,

then will you only see the ugly truth surface.

I agree.

This angmor may be a little offensive personally at first, but the point that he brought up is valid.

I attribute this phenomenon to the education and societial system most of the Singaporeans are exposed to since young.

From young, we're all about fitting into the system, hence, most of us follow a set route with little variances. How many

of us would seriously decide to go out of our comfort zone and explore the myraid of possibilities globally?

Even compared to the overseas Indians, Chinese and other assorted races, the vast majority of Singaporeans are infants when it comes

to daring to take a first step beyond the herd mentality, thinking for themselves and surviving worldwide.

I see Singapore as a highly coddled, brainwashed society with whatever liberty available granted only at the whim of the incumbent,

our lives rigidly held in place by various instruments of societial control (HDB/CAR) along with the materialistic, self-centred route we are

all familiar with since young ("Study hard and become a doctor/lawyer and you can laugh at your classmates" has become a

common sentence I've heard since young and various other parents advising their kids).

Most of us are also used to being spoon-fed, having brought up with this mentality from young, even at work, we

expect things to happen for us without putting in the effort to obtain what we want. Couple this with the increasing

costs of living in Singapore and the stagnant, slow moving and even retarding salaries, its no wonder the majority of Singaporeans are

feeling aggresive to the FTs pouring in to compete over the nationally limited ricebowl. I would venture to suggest that the

national sentiment below middle-income would veer towards supporting alternative solution providers available. I would

further suggest that this influx was wrongly timed and controlled insufficiently which might result in a backlash and impact

the system to the core. In my opinion, the policy is wrongly timed and controlled with a aim to provide results(figures) to

ensure that certain individuals stay in a position of power and privilege. This policy might prove to have negative results to

the basis of society as the majority knows in here in Singapore.

I agree.

This angmor may be a little offensive personally at first, but the point that he brought up is valid.

I attribute this phenomenon to the education and societial system most of the Singaporeans are exposed to since young.

From young, we're all about fitting into the system, hence, most of us follow a set route with little variances. How many

of us would seriously decide to go out of our comfort zone and explore the myraid of possibilities globally?

Even compared to the overseas Indians, Chinese and other assorted races, the vast majority of Singaporeans are infants when it comes

to daring to take a first step beyond the herd mentality, thinking for themselves and surviving worldwide.

I see Singapore as a highly coddled, brainwashed society with whatever liberty available granted only at the whim of the incumbent,

our lives rigidly held in place by various instruments of societial control (HDB/CAR) along with the materialistic, self-centred route we are

all familiar with since young ("Study hard and become a doctor/lawyer and you can laugh at your classmates" has become a

common sentence I've heard since young and various other parents advising their kids).

Most of us are also used to being spoon-fed, having brought up with this mentality from young, even at work, we

expect things to happen for us without putting in the effort to obtain what we want. Couple this with the increasing

costs of living in Singapore and the stagnant, slow moving and even retarding salaries, its no wonder the majority of Singaporeans are

feeling aggresive to the FTs pouring in to compete over the nationally limited ricebowl. I would venture to suggest that the

national sentiment below middle-income would veer towards supporting alternative solution providers available. I would

further suggest that this influx was wrongly timed and controlled insufficiently which might result in a backlash and impact

the system to the core. In my opinion, the policy is wrongly timed and controlled with a aim to provide results(figures) to

ensure that certain individuals stay in a position of power and privilege. This policy might prove to have negative results to

the basis of society as the majority knows in here in Singapore.

welcome to the matrix [sly]

I have never followed the herd. There was none for me in the first place.

Was always the odd ball out, and that never bothered me just one bit.

"Who Dares, always wins" :D

this expat better go back now for good. Otherwise, he would have contracted this " stupid disease" from us if he continues to stay here. [laugh]

Edited by Kangadrool

welcome to the matrix [sly]

Damn bad lah you, spolt my attempt to look impartially deductive with a single word.

But yes, nice way to sum it up.

Monday blues... [flowerface]

Agree.

Went to a seminar once. Was crap. The only thing I took away from there is to place yourself in a position

of opportunity, and once an opportunity comes out, don't be afraid to seperate from the herd.

Following the herd is not quite a bad thing. Fishes get into balls and Wildebeast herds to avoid predators. It really depends on the situation.

On a positive note, a society that herds is a co-operative society. It is just how one looks at it. Strength in numbers or Safety in numbers.

Edited by Bavarian

Travel a bit and observe how our own fellow Singaporeans behave abroad and you might even come up with worse descriptions than just "stupid".

As for the description "stupid" itself, being where I am, if this is the intellectual elite of Singapore, that guy's putting it VERY mildly.

As a people, we have a damn long way to go when it comes to catching up in the softer areas in life.