Anyone into Go-Karting?

Purfect

Anyone into Go-Karting? Would like to make it a weekend hobby, but also wants to buy a personal go kart. Anyone have lobang, or into this sport?

↡ Advertisement

Anyone into Go-Karting? Would like to make it a weekend hobby, but also wants to buy a personal go kart. Anyone have lobang, or into this sport?

you can give Shaun from Ascendent Motorsports a call or simply make a trip down to the local karting track to get more info.

Think a race cart can cost from 3k to 18k. Not sure if your go-kart is referring to the race kart

yupz.. its a race kart.. thought of picking this hobby up..

Base on my experiences in this sports, have some experiences with the fun karts first before deciding whether that a race kart.

I thought that I am fast but when you race with the pros, they push those fun karts 2~4 secs per lap faster then me in JB.

If that you think that buying a race kart will bring yourself to their standards, you might wan to consider my POV first.

Pros had been into this sports pushing the fun karts to the max and at the same time, save up for their first kart. Once that they got the experiences, cycle continues.

Lern the basic first before commitments as I had worked out:

$15K (starting-brand new) and about $5~$7 per annual.

$22K is somehow able to mod your own car and enjoy it everyday then just weekends.

Sorry for being negative but this is my POV.

Karting is a lot of fun,but like every hobby,I would advice to try out first if you really like it before investing in your own kart.

Go for 3..4 months every week-end to the kart track and rent a kart.5 sessions per week-end cost you around 200$,but the advantage is

that if you realize you are not into it,you loose less money than by trying to re-sell your own kart.

Once are ready to buy your own racing kart,buy a used one.You need at least one year to learn how to drive and set-up such a kart.

Even if you plan to race,your first year in racing is a learning year and a used racing kart will do.

There is a lot of kart racing in Singapore and Malaysia.Professional Kart Racers get one or two new karts per season and usually they sell them at

the end of each season.A good website with a forum is kartingasia.com

There are also driver websites like calvinseibl.com or brendanseibl.com

Once you have your own kart,you have to maintain it.A low maintenance engine like the Rotax Max will help in this.

↡ Advertisement