MAZDA 6

Voxy28

Seriously, you will get used to it. i did.

Yes,some members of my Chat group bought some aftermarket rubber door strips from TaoBao,& for wheelarch,can do soundproofing...

Thanks for the replies guys!.. I guess I will keep an ear out for the wind/tyre noise and decide if I can live with it.

Btw, Do you pump premium or regular fuel for the M6? Does it make a difference to performance? Also, between Ceramic & glass protection for the paint, which one fares better?

I apologize for the barrage of newbie questions, as this will be my first car  [;)]

↡ Advertisement

Which means it's still more cramped compared to it's rivals lar...

It depends on what you need and want. Car is very subjective. For me when I gotten the Mz6..

1) Price was better then the rest (most important)

2) Engine was better

3) Transmission was better

4) Drive was better

5) Outlook was better

6) Space was enough for my daily use. Dun talk about the once in a while trip to ikea etc... 

7) Equipment was better

8) Interior was better

Most important is I buy car I enjoy. Not passenger enjoy... IMHO.

• Praise 5

Hey guys, I've read that the Wind and tyre noise is very noticeable on the Mazda 6. If this is the case, are any workarounds for this?

Soundproof the wheel arch.

• Praise 1

Thanks for the replies guys!.. I guess I will keep an ear out for the wind/tyre noise and decide if I can live with it.

Btw, Do you pump premium or regular fuel for the M6? Does it make a difference to performance? Also, between Ceramic & glass protection for the paint, which one fares better?

I apologize for the barrage of newbie questions, as this will be my first car  [;)]

98 for best performance.

Some general car news:

For the year 2016, Mazda has climbed to the number 3 best selling car brand in Singapore.  Sales are up over 30% over 2015. Mazda pipped Nissan and Mercedes to occupy the top 3 position.  If you consider only sedan cars Mazda is number 2.  It is also likely to be number 2 if all cars sold by PIs are excluded.  

I think Mazda have come a long way from the days when it was struggling to remain in the top 10.  It achieved this through the introduction of the newly designed Skyactive engines.  This is only the first part of its plan to completely renewing its car design concepts.  Madza Japan has announced that more is on the way.  Elements of the 2nd phase of the new design concepts will be found in the 2017 and 2018 models.  I am hoping to see a 2.5 turbo engine but it could be a long wait.

• Praise 1

I pump Ron95 only. No issues. 

Me too, always 95. Save for the occasional fill up in Malaysia...

As for noise, you do get used to it. Besides, I didn't exactly find the Teana or Camry all that quiet either.

hi to all mazda 6 owner. ..i am very tempted to buy this mazda 6 2017 ex version. Tested it that day and feel engine bit loud when rev and bit sluggish when pickup. As i only test for 10min...

may i check if this car is slow in picking up if i do not wish to use SPORT mode? IS it e throttle. Will those old skool throttle controller works on this car?

Also i read the sgcarmart that it does not have auto lock.. can this be remedied from outside workshop? As i gt a small baby with itchy hand...worried that i may forgot to lock

looking forward to next few bid n hope price will soften a bit as i heard coe quota expanding for next 3months :P

hi to all mazda 6 owner. ..i am very tempted to buy this mazda 6 2017 ex version. Tested it that day and feel engine bit loud when rev and bit sluggish when pickup. As i only test for 10min...

may i check if this car is slow in picking up if i do not wish to use SPORT mode? IS it e throttle. Will those old skool throttle controller works on this car?

Also i read the sgcarmart that it does not have auto lock.. can this be remedied from outside workshop? As i gt a small baby with itchy hand...worried that i may forgot to lock

looking forward to next few bid n hope price will soften a bit as i heard coe quota expanding for next 3months :P

2.0 a bit sluggish,get the 2.5 will be better,Mazda is alway louder than any others Japanese same class of cars,yes SPORT mode is something like just delayed upshift of gears...Autolock for the facelift model,i think can be done outside.

To further add to those comments by Bros here

It is important to know what you are comparing the M6 with and your expectations and what you fancy

M6 is a good car, enough space, practical and both interior/exterior are nice

Quality is as good if not better than other similar Jap makes

If you are looking for power, M6 is not the car for you. certainly getting the 2.5L will be better if you are concerned about that

The engine sound does appear nosier than the camry

'

Sometimes it also depends on the test car, so good to test drive on different occasions and time and make direct comparisons with other make immediately

As a family sedan for kids, for the price and the right colour, would think it is a good choice 

• Praise 2

When people comment no power, is always relative to what they were comparing? I fetch 3 Angmoh for lunch last week, easily extra 280-300kg but I don't feel no power.. for someone come from driving a non power latio, 2.0 is enough for me.. but of cause if one used to drive WRX or 3l car, it's damn under powered... Hehehe

• Praise 2

If power is what you are looking for I suggest you look at Continental car makes. But if reliability, affordable parts and servicing and feature filled car is what you want at a low price then you can consider Japanese cars. It's really what you want and there's no car that has everything. 

• Praise 1

The no-auto lock is a pain in the butt. But for kids, I recommend you activate the child lock behind, cos even with auto lock, they can also unlock.

Also, go with what you think you like. You already tempted means that this car has something that you like. So look at what you like vs what you dun, and see if you actually need and/or can live with those things that you dun like. 

I can tell you straight.... things I dun like but can live with v the things I like

1) Auto lock

2) No boot opening from inside

3) ride comfort (this is due to my 19" rims)

4) Walk away lock feature (something you need to activate, but sometimes when I put my kids from the passenger side close the door, then walk to my driver door, the car locks itself)

Edited by Bomby929
  • Praise 1

Comparing like with like, the Mazda6 has better power than most Japanese family sedan cars.  We need to compare 2.0 NA engine with the same and not a turbo 2.0 engine.  Likewise for the 2.5L NA engine.  Also take into account the price range.  It is probably the best value for money.

For those who want more power, you need to look at more expensive continental cars.  The Ford Mondeo is also an alternative but bear in mind the fuel efficiency and reliability ranking.  And it costs more than the 2.5 Luxury M6.

For those who are willing to wait, here is a piece of foreign news:

All-new CX-9 introduces the SKYACTIV-G 2.5T, a newly developed 2.5-liter direct-injection turbocharged gasoline engine that was engineered to deliver usable torque on par with a 4.0-liter V8 while also allowing the model to achieve best-in-class listed and real-world fuel economy.

I am waiting for them to put this engine into the Mazda6.   [:p]

• Praise 1

The no-auto lock is a pain in the butt. But for kids, I recommend you activate the child lock behind, cos even with auto lock, they can also unlock.

Also, go with what you think you like. You already tempted means that this car has something that you like. So look at what you like vs what you dun, and see if you actually need and/or can live with those things that you dun like. 

I can tell you straight.... things I dun like but can live with v the things I like

1) Auto lock

2) No boot opening from inside

3) ride comfort (this is due to my 19" rims)

4) Walk away lock feature (something you need to activate, but sometimes when I put my kids from the passenger side close the door, then walk to my driver door, the car locks itself)

I agree.

I couldn't live with a fact that couldn't have auto lock.

mz6 2.0 is a good car. Just bit noisier and more cosy interior compared to the other japs, less power than the camry/accord but more powerful than the teana. Looks great and drives well.

Regarding power for the 2.0L Mazda6 compared to Japanese rivals:

M6:           162 bhp           0-100 kph: 10.5s

Accord:     153 bhp          0-100 kph: 11.9s

Camry:      165 bhp          0-100 kph: 10.8s

Teana:      134bhp           0-100 kph: 12.1s

So it is evident that the M6 has the fastest 0-100 acceleration and the 2nd highest power.  It still beats the Camry in acceleration despite a slightly less powerful engine, possibly due to a lighter weight.

Ref: Sgcarmart

• Praise 3

Regarding power for the 2.0L Mazda6 compared to Japanese rivals:

M6:           162 bhp           0-100 kph: 10.5s

Accord:     153 bhp          0-100 kph: 11.9s

Camry:      165 bhp          0-100 kph: 10.8s

Teana:      134bhp           0-100 kph: 12.1s

So it is evident that the M6 has the fastest 0-100 acceleration and the 2nd highest power.  It still beats the Camry in acceleration despite a slightly less powerful engine, possibly due to a lighter weight.

Ref: Sgcarmart

mazda 6 is just 8kg lighter then camry, negligible lar... [:p]

mazda 6 is just 8kg lighter then camry, negligible lar... [:p]

Yes, true.  It is only 8 kg lighter, yet with 3 bhp less its 0-100kph time is 0.3s faster.

Perhaps the driver that Toyota used to do this test is 20 kg heavier; or, maybe Mazda has a superior transmission setup to deliver better torque to the wheels more efficiently.

Edited by Tbt001
↡ Advertisement