MAZDA 6

Voxy28

Guys, just wanna share the outcome......AIG has compensated me but initial amount was a few thousand short from a new Mazda 6 price. So I wrote in to kaopei and they finally relented by adjusting the amount upwards to match the price.

I have made a booking and should be able to collect the car before cny......some closure at last.

If new facelift arrived, you could have the new one.

Anyway, good to hear AIG really compensated.

I always feel that these are marketing strategies.

What about your existing loan?

Can you share with us the figures?

How much you bought the 1st car?

Outstanding loan?

How much AIG compensated?

How much is the new car?

Balance loan?

↡ Advertisement

Can you share with us the figures?

How much you bought the 1st car?

Outstanding loan?

How much AIG compensated?

How much is the new car?

Balance loan?

The facelifted model will take a while since it is not yet on sale in US or Japan.

Bought the 1st car at around 126k and took 20% loan, so I fully settled the existing loan prior to final settlement with AIG since the amount is not that huge.

Well, you also have a choice of getting AIG to pay for you but they will deduct the amount from the compensation figure.

Guys, just wanna share the outcome......AIG has compensated me but initial amount was a few thousand short from a new Mazda 6 price. So I wrote in to kaopei and they finally relented by adjusting the amount upwards to match the price.

I have made a booking and should be able to collect the car before cny......some closure at last.

Congrats, you ended up driving 1 year for free? While it was an unfortunate incident for your wife, at least it ends with a silver lining

BTW, how much are you paying for the 6? 2.0 or 2.5?

Edited by Notsogoodman

Congrats, you ended up driving 1 year for free? While it was an unfortunate incident for your wife, at least it ends with a silver lining

BTW, how much are you paying for the 6? 2.0 or 2.5?

You are not wrong in that sense but this is never the right circumstance to change a new 'old' car.....lol. Of coz, most importantly is that no one was hurt and we can all look forward to CNY for better fortune.

As for the new car, I am getting back the 2.0 at slightly below 116k. Closed the deal with an SE whom I bought my first car (Lancer) from him many years ago. He gave me a decent package and convinced his boss to give me an Open Cat COE so that I can have the car before CNY, so I am quite appreciative of that.

• Praise 1

You are not wrong in that sense but this is never the right circumstance to change a new 'old' car.....lol. Of coz, most importantly is that no one was hurt and we can all look forward to CNY for better fortune.

As for the new car, I am getting back the 2.0 at slightly below 116k. Closed the deal with an SE whom I bought my first car (Lancer) from him many years ago. He gave me a decent package and convinced his boss to give me an Open Cat COE so that I can have the car before CNY, so I am quite appreciative of that.

Never take the opportunity to move up to CX-5?

U r the second person I heard getting a new mz6 after an accident

The other one is the Tuas accident which involve a stupid mercz who drove opp direction n killed Vios driver n hit a mazda 6

Edited by Kia7200

$116k for exec? Sounds like a good deal

Well true point but... Mazda stacks up for reliability and safety with Honda and Nissan neck to neck.

Key Point: Any car can last with the right care and maintenance

But Mazda has good value and they have improved A LOT since the early 20s.

Im actually looking at the MAZDA3 s Grand Touring 5-Door hatch. Looks sexy

Saw the ST Life section on Saturday 27.01.2018 where there was a Mazda advertisement for all the models. Mazda 6 was priced at S109,800 and CX-5 at $129,800.

But when i crossed check SGcarmart for TEK price list between 18-31 Jan 2018, official prices during this period for Mazda 6 was $119,800 and CX-5 $139,800 (both 6 bids non GTD) respectively.

Anyone booked during the weekend of 27.01.2018?

Agree on your last. Camry 2.0 costs $25,000 more but it lacks many of the features that the Mz6 has.

Btw, what are the add ons given to you by the dealer? Mine came with what is probably the standard stuff, Blaupunkt Car Cam Front and Back & 5 years servicing and nothing more.

Pretty much the same, Blaupunkt Car Cam Front/Back, 5 years servicing, free 1 year road tax.

Supercharged

Glad to learn of the good closure :)

Would you have bought a different car up to the compensation value and self top-up for any excess if this is allowed under the insurance policy?

Glad to learn of the good closure :)

Would you have bought a different car up to the compensation value and self top-up for any excess if this is allowed under the insurance policy?

In fact I was given cash compensation, so it is not only restricted to Mazda 6. My previous ride was a Kia K5 and there aren't much choices in the market currently when it comes to 2 litre sedans. I also wouldn't want to fork out additional cash for a higher end conti sedan or SUV, hence I went for a Mazda 6 again.

In fact I was given cash compensation, so it is not only restricted to Mazda 6. My previous ride was a Kia K5 and there aren't much choices in the market currently when it comes to 2 litre sedans. I also wouldn't want to fork out additional cash for a higher end conti sedan or SUV, hence I went for a Mazda 6 again.

You definitely did not make your choice wrongly, twice . :grin:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1