MAZDA 6

Voxy28

Turbocharged

I went to the showroom to take a look at the Mazda 3 but was sold on the Mazda 6. The difference between both cars fit and finish is just too far apart.  With so many soft touch points throughout the cabin, it just oozes quality and sophistication. 

I had shortlisted the Stinger but the price point is a bit too much for me to take as it's a premium sports car. But the M6 price point, comfort and smoothness is something that I'm looking more into. Another car into my shortlist.

stinger and mz6 also a totally different category...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Regret buying car end 2016. The car price then now can buy Mz6 liao. Haiz. Mz6 is a good car.

Many feel the same way, but life still goes on. Car loan still have to be paid every month Edited by RogerNg_185295
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi All,

Just bought a used 2016 Mz6. Have been reading this thread for some times, can admin/moderator add me to the whatsapp group chat? Thanks.

stinger and mz6 also a totally different category...

Yup I do know they're diff categories.

The logical reason is, will you want to pay the extra $45k to $50k on a sports sedan or a good comfortable sedan.

The drive feel is definitely very very very diff. Stinger is on a very spirited drive while the M6 is a very smooth drive.

But for that money, I can really do a lot of stuff, even a 5% per annum dividend will fetch $2.25k while the car will depreciate 12k+ per annum.

It's still up to what is my driving needs and wants. I have shortlisted the stinger and categorised it as a very high want as the M6 already can fill my need/want at a lesser price point.

My 3 shortlist are (not in order)

1. Stinger 2.0T

2. BMW 116d

3. Mazda 6

All 3 are very diff cars, now is what I think I can live with for at least 5 years.

Mazda 6 seats right in the range of some MIT Japanese 1.6 L cars. and it is much cheaper than most  if not all the 2L cars in the market. Moreover, the feature and trimming of the most basic model would easily beat most of the 1.6L car around this price range.  It will be a surprise if the model wont fly off the showroom. 

the facelifted Mazda 6 is probably the best buy in Cat B right now at that price range and will likely offer some good support for cat B in the next bidding too.

• Praise 1

Got car and still getting familiar with this (drove different brand previously). Got so suck with SE when delivery. Not very friendly when I asked some questions and really just want to finish her job so quickly. Worse than my previous experience with a kimmchi one - despite the fact that TEK margin is high. Anyway let’s forget it.

Btw the reverse cam is really dark. And sorry to ask as I’m new to Mazda - do you know how to turn the music off while driving? I need quite a lot of steps to nevigate through to do so :-)

Edited by K3123456
  • Praise 1

Got car and still getting familiar with this (drove different brand previously). Got so suck with SE when delivery. Not very friendly when I asked some questions and really just want to finish her job so quickly. Worse than my previous experience with a kimmchi one - despite the fact that TEK margin is high. Anyway letâs forget it.

Btw the reverse cam is really dark. And sorry to ask as Iâm new to Mazda - do you know how to turn the music off while driving? I need quite a lot of steps to nevigate through to do so :-)

You can tune the camera setting when u put into reverse gear. There is contract and other setting. Radio does not off but can mute before u switch off car.

Got car and still getting familiar with this (drove different brand previously). Got so suck with SE when delivery. Not very friendly when I asked some questions and really just want to finish her job so quickly. Worse than my previous experience with a kimmchi one - despite the fact that TEK margin is high. Anyway let’s forget it.

Btw the reverse cam is really dark. And sorry to ask as I’m new to Mazda - do you know how to turn the music off while driving? I need quite a lot of steps to nevigate through to do so :-)

You can mute it by pressing the volume button (the small button on the centre arm rest area)

You can mute it by pressing the volume button (the small button on the centre arm rest area)

Thanks.

I mean to just stop it (kind of driving and don’t want to listen to music anymore, and want to resume from there next time). But it’s fine just mute it then. Will study the manual thoroughly this weekend.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Thanks.

I mean to just stop it (kind of driving and don’t want to listen to music anymore, and want to resume from there next time). But it’s fine just mute it then. Will study the manual thoroughly this weekend.

actually mute is the same as stop it,.. [grin]

actually mute is the same as stop it,.. [grin]

He could be referring to playing CD or some pay-service music apps.

So far, i have not know play CD in the car and i don't think we can stop playing radio.

So yes, mute is the way to go

Collected my Mazda 6 2018 Executive Titanium flash mica today, I didn't test drive the car before.

Please read with a pinch of salt, as different people has different opinion. 

Good Point

• The interior technology and gadget seem advance and high tech, like those on continental car. Especially it's knob/joystick. I love the interior design.
  • The price is attractive for a 2.0 luxury sedan.
  • New face lift "grill plate" it has this wow factor.
  • The "17 inch" rim with Bridgestone tires.
  • Exterior is slim and modern look especially the front LED eye. 
  • Twin exhaust pipe it damn cool! 
  • I read alot people were disappointed with Bose Sound System, however it sound pretty decent to me. Pardon I'm not a audiophile so it doesn't make a differences to me.
  • The drive is smooth even hitting 100.

Bad Point

• Steering wheel is EXTREMELY LIGHT WEIGHTED had a rude shock. Must grip tightly with both hand to control.
  • Previously was driving Honda Accord 2008 2.0. Mazda 6 length is shorter compared to Honda Accord. The width space also narrow (maybe it's due to black leather) it seem so cramp compared to the showroom white leather.
  • I'm a light footed person when I step on the brake (not hard brake) there is still a *tak* sound of closing cupboard. Annoying AF.
  • Easily spot dust on glossy surface.
  • The reverse cam is pixelated/low resolution. I sat on my friend new purchased Subaru Impreza his reversed cam is clearer.
  • The free car In cam is humongous like a block. come with LCD screen front & back.
  • Car rear screen is small and cramp due to design.

Overall I'm satisfied with car, mainly because of the price. I hope my review can help also it's best to test drive a few time before making a decision. 

• Praise 4

Many feel the same way, but life still goes on. Car loan still have to be paid every month

What’s d car loan interest back in 2016?

Currently there’s is a promotion rate at 2.18%

Supercharged

Whatâs d car loan interest back in 2016?

Currently thereâs is a promotion rate at 2.18%

Mine was 2.08% from HL bank taken with KMC
  • Praise 1

Congrats on ur car

Nice frank summary Bro

There is no perfect car

But there is always a suitable car for the individual budget and personal needs

Just to compare with the "bad points" taken from the C180 (cost 170-180k) threads

1.synthetic leather, even then the back of the front seats are made of plastics, compared to all round leather in M6

2.tougher and hard seats than M6

3.no electronic seat adjustments to/fro for driver seat until recently

4.smaller rear seat space than M6

5.shorter length than M6

6.lots of brake dusts and braking noise, "tak tak tak" too

7.no HUD, no blind spots, no lane deviation

8. lower hp

Of course good points like external and interior appearance, Badge, smoother acceleration etc

Collected my Mazda 6 2018 Executive Titanium flash mica today, I didn't test drive the car before.

Please read with a pinch of salt, as different people has different opinion. 

Good Point

• The interior technology and gadget seem advance and high tech, like those on continental car. Especially it's knob/joystick. I love the interior design.
  • The price is attractive for a 2.0 luxury sedan.
  • New face lift "grill plate" it has this wow factor.
  • The "17 inch" rim with Bridgestone tires.
  • Exterior is slim and modern look especially the front LED eye. 
  • Twin exhaust pipe it damn cool! 
  • I read alot people were disappointed with Bose Sound System, however it sound pretty decent to me. Pardon I'm not a audiophile so it doesn't make a differences to me.
  • The drive is smooth even hitting 100.

Bad Point

• Steering wheel is EXTREMELY LIGHT WEIGHTED had a rude shock. Must grip tightly with both hand to control.
  • Previously was driving Honda Accord 2008 2.0. Mazda 6 length is shorter compared to Honda Accord. The width space also narrow (maybe it's due to black leather) it seem so cramp compared to the showroom white leather.
  • I'm a light footed person when I step on the brake (not hard brake) there is still a *tak* sound of closing cupboard. Annoying AF.
  • Easily spot dust on glossy surface.
  • The reverse cam is pixelated/low resolution. I sat on my friend new purchased Subaru Impreza his reversed cam is clearer.
  • The free car In cam is humongous like a block. come with LCD screen front & back.
  • Car rear screen is small and cramp due to design.

Overall I'm satisfied with car, mainly because of the price. I hope my review can help also it's best to test drive a few time before making a decision. 

• Praise 10

Congrats.  Please share with us the overall car servicing experience when the interval arises.

↡ Advertisement