MAZDA 6

Voxy28

Are u buying the sunshade? I am quite keen and

maybe we can buy together? Haha. Better still do a GB for the auto sunshade?

Hi Astra,

Not proceeding yet cos yet to learn on eurokar warranty towards such mod cos requires electrical rewiring and inclusion of control switch.

Will be quite some time cos no coe and delivery is only Oct/Nov but posting here for future reference.

Cheers.

Richard

Sorry but when I click it only shows your profile... ð

Hi Sze,

You cannot pm on mobile link ... same on trying to attach files.

Go to bottom of page and choose desktop mode or go to your computer to PM.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
↡ Advertisement

Was quoted trade in for mazda 3 2016. June registered at just 55k.

For change to mazda 6.

Fwah. 20k a yr dep. Hehe.

Guess drop the idea for the upgrade temporary

Hi Spurman,

Same here .. Oct 2015 1.2T qashqai bought at 115k trade in price is 57k or about 20k/yr.

However, mazda6 2.0 was also 135k+ back in oct 2015.

Best time to change car is still when your COE of current car is high and now is low to offset .. 54k va 32k or 20k in my case.

You have less chance to change car if COE of previous car is low and now is high or even the same ... else cannot even get 57k if paper value which includes this previous high COE.

Hope clearer and make sense ??

Cheers.

Richard

I tink was 98k... company car though.

I tink 55k is almost paper value

Hi Spurman,

About there .. cos Jun 2016's COE was also almost 54k as in my case of Oct 2015 or 8 mths older.

My qashqai 1.2l.has paper value of 51k since older.

Cheers.

Richard

• Praise 2

Hi Spurman,

Same here .. Oct 2015 1.2T qashqai bought at 115k trade in price is 57k or about 20k/yr.

Best time to change car is still when your COE of current car is high and now is low to offset .. 54k va 32k or 20k in my case.

You have less chance to change car if COE of previous car is low and now is high or even the same ... else cannot even get 57k if paper value which includes this previous high COE.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Spurman,

About there .. cos Jun 2016's COE was also almost 54k as in my case of Oct 2015 or 8 mths older.

Cheers.

Richard

Anyway i opting to stayput. Not i drive the car anyway. Lol.

Gambling coe will prob maintain 30k till next yr. Hehe prob next yr then change...

And prob if mazda 6 price is right. Will go for mazda 6 bah. Then this mazda 6 will prob last 7yrs hopefully. Hee

• Praise 1

If changing cars and doing calculations on comparing relative losses, one should not just look at nett loss

e.g your 1.2T QQ, bought at 115k and sold for 57k, the nett loss is 58k.

However if u have not sold and drive it over next 7 years, the annual depr will be 11k/year after minus ff the PARF of 6k

The normal depr loss right now should be about 33k even if u continue to drive 1.2QQ

If you sell now, your loss is 58-33K= 25k after driving it for 3 years

If u buy Mazda 6 now say at 110k, u can add your 25k loss to the buy price, which is 135k and annual depr will be 12.3k/year compared to  11k/year if u continue to drive your 1.2 QQ

12.3k/yr (drive new car, warranty, potential new loan interest) vs 11.0k/yr (continue to drive old car, potential warranty expires)

Different people, Different strokes, Individual choice & Affordability 

Hi Spurman,

Cheers.

Richard
Hi Spurman,

Cheers.

Richard

• Praise 7

Hi Astra,

Not proceeding yet cos yet to learn on eurokar warranty towards such mod cos requires electrical rewiring and inclusion of control switch.

Will be quite some time cos no coe and delivery is only Oct/Nov but posting here for future reference.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Sze,

You cannot pm on mobile link ... same on trying to attach files.

Go to bottom of page and choose desktop mode or go to your computer to PM.

Cheers.

Richard

Thanks Richard.... just found out
  • Praise 1

If changing cars and doing calculations on comparing relative losses, one should not just look at nett loss

e.g your 1.2T QQ, bought at 115k and sold for 57k, the nett loss is 58k.

However if u have not sold and drive it over next 7 years, the annual depr will be 11k/year after minus ff the PARF of 6k

The normal depr loss right now should be about 33k even if u continue to drive 1.2QQ

If you sell now, your loss is 58-33K= 25k after driving it for 3 years

If u buy Mazda 6 now say at 110k, u can add your 25k loss to the buy price, which is 135k and annual depr will be 12.3k/year compared to 11k/year if u continue to drive your 1.2 QQ

12.3k/yr (drive new car, warranty, potential new loan interest) vs 11.0k/yr (continue to drive old car, potential warranty expires)

Different people, Different strokes, Individual choice & Affordability

Hi Newbie,

Indeed ... differences abound but it was to clarify that it is not just looking at depri of sgd20k/yr mentioned by bro Spurman as you had also concluded for both scenarios ?? :)

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

how's the drive of the 2.5L compared to 1.5/1.6/1.8L turbo conti (316i,318i,A4..)?

I dunno.

But 216 gt diesel was fun to drive.

A4 also drive well. Handling segment.

But end day they r small cars..

Mid sedan drivers car will be still be the 5 series. F10 was great fun. 528i though.

• Praise 1

I dunno.

But 216 gt diesel was fun to drive.

A4 also drive well. Handling segment.

But end day they r small cars..

Mid sedan drivers car will be still be the 5 series. F10 was great fun. 528i though.

how will the 2018 m6 2.5L compare to the F10 then?

I got my Mazda 6 Executive 2018 and been driving it since 6 Aug. Today I first encounter the Mazda infotainment system freeze while I was driving. My iphone song connected to Bluetooth cannot be play, despite using the knob/ touch screen it doesn't response. I try to off the engine and start still it doesn't work.

Now I'm at office I google 

To restart or reboot the Mazda Connectinfotainment system, press the button combo: back + nav + mute. You can actually perform this task while driving, but only if you feel comfortable with your button memory!

I haven't got the chance to try out the solution, anyone encounter this issue?

Edited by howdeepisyourlove127
  • Praise 1

I got my Mazda 6 Executive 2018 and been driving it since 6 Aug. Today I first encounter the Mazda infotainment system freeze while I was driving. My iphone song connected to Bluetooth cannot be play, despite using the knob/ touch screen it doesn't response. I try to off the engine and start still it doesn't work.

To restart or reboot the Mazda Connectinfotainment system, press the button combo: back + nav + mute. You can actually perform this task while driving, but only if you feel comfortable with your button memory!

Hi Deep,

Congras ! How is the overall drive especially w.r.t. moving a big car with 2.0 NA engine for city driving ?? Would be great to also share what car you were driving to calibrate a bit.

Been googling and very little on 2.0 NA info since not even offered in most countries and predominantly on 2.5T version with even 2.5 NA left to the sideline.

TIA and cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

To restart or reboot the Mazda Connectinfotainment system, press the button combo: back + nav + mute. You can actually perform this task while driving, but only if you feel comfortable with your button memory!

yes, occasionally do the 3 buttons reboot is good too. any software will have bugs.

[laugh]  since mazda 6 price is like 50% of F10, can safely say it drive maybe 50% of F10 lor...

• Praise 1

Hi Deep,

Congras ! How is the overall drive especially w.r.t. moving a big car with 2.0 NA engine for city driving ?? Would be great to also share what car you were driving to calibrate a bit.

Been googling and very little on 2.0 NA info since not even offered in most countries and predominantly on 2.5T version with even 2.5 NA left to the sideline.

TIA and cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Overall Mazda 6 is good car but I won't consider it a big car. As compared previously I was driving Honda Accord 2008 the interior was much spacious and wide. If it's anything I hate is being mistaken for Mazda 3. 

For city driving (I haven't clock 1,000 km currently is at 800 km, haven't even done my 1st serving yet.) Previously it show 11.7 L/100 km now it show 10.5 l/100 km.

Few annoying issue I encountered,

1. The brake pedal is loose, I'm light footed person every time I release the brake pedal it has this "tak" sound which really annoying. If u refer back previous page I believe got one forum-er also encounter the same thing.
  2. The air con isn't cold at all, you have to set it to 19 degree to truly feel the coolness. 
  3. The steering wheel I noticed when you turn to reverse there is this sound I don't know how to explain but only when reverse turning I encounter this.
  4. You cannot release the boot within the car. The passenger have to go to the boot and click the button to open the boot. (Honda Accord 2008 has this function)
  5. The front hood of the car is not hydraulic. (Honda Accord 2008 has hydraulic hood.)
  6. The lane departure doesn't always work. I noticed sometime I departed the lane it doesn't sound out from speaker.

But then again the nett price I got for $107,800 can't complain much.

• Praise 1

Hi Richard,

Overall Mazda 6 is good car but I won't consider it a big car. As compared previously I was driving Honda Accord 2008 the interior was much spacious and wide. If it's anything I hate is being mistaken for Mazda 3.

For city driving (I haven't clock 1,000 km currently is at 800 km, haven't even done my 1st serving yet.) Previously it show 11.7 L/100 km now it show 10.5 l/100 km.

• The brake pedal is loose, I'm light footed person every time I release the brake pedal it has this "tak" sound which really annoying. If u refer back previous page I believe got one forum-er also encounter the same thing.
  • The air con isn't cold at all, you have to set it to 19 degree to truly feel the coolness.
  • The steering wheel I noticed when you turn to reverse there is this sound I don't know how to explain but only when reverse turning I encounter this.
  • You cannot release the boot within the car. The passenger have to go to the boot and click the button to open the boot. (Honda Accord 2008 has this function)
  • The front hood of the car is not hydraulic. (Honda Accord 2008 has hydraulic hood.)
  • The lane departure doesn't always work. I noticed sometime I departed the lane it doesn't sound out from speaker.
Hey Deep,

Thanks for the detailed summary as user/owner ... much appreciated.

Not good to know these sound/noise from brakes and steering when reversing especially braking whichbis done very often in our city driving.

Rear boot opening within cabin should be easily modded with front hood strut even easier since not even electrical with already aftermaket ones being offered. On lane departure, this should be normal as with my current and it should be minimal and err on no activation since we filter 99.999% and hope to sleep 0.001 which is the intention though without much more complex in-cabin camera based head position detection.

More importantly, how is the pickup and associatee noise while subjective and noting your previous ride was a honda accord 2.0l ?? Not into FC since even more subjective with city/hwy route and also driving style.

Missed the launch price of 107.8k since ignore advert not expecting such affordable pricing but wife nego not much more when booked 10 days ago .. keke !

Thanks again and cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Haha. Cannot compare lor. Luxury mid sedan vs mid seda segment. Though these 2 cars r large sized in singapore.

I always rate mazda for drivibality. Best in class for japanese.

Just that 3 series. A4 are small cars. Though here we tink them as mid sized sedan.

Mazda 6 2.5 should be good. Should drive great. And has many good features to give the contis a run for the monies.

Perhaps compare this to the german passat..

• Praise 1

Anyone tried the Brila maintenance package by TEK? I find the price quite reasonable and thinking of letting them touch up every service or alternate service.

I just used water so far to wash my car and the coating worked well. Keeps the shine and dirt and bird poo easily removed... But experience from last ride using one of the supposedly branded 9H coating advertised aggressively here was that effects wear off after 1 yr plus if no maintenance done.

Hey man, do you know much TEK is charging for Brilla and often should we do it?

Got my ride for 5 months already and scratches have started appearing and am thinking of sending the car for car grooming.

Supercharged

Hi Richard,

1. The brake pedal is loose, I'm light footed person every time I release the brake pedal it has this "tak" sound which really annoying. If u refer back previous page I believe got one forum-er also encounter the same thing.
  2. The air con isn't cold at all, you have to set it to 19 degree to truly feel the coolness. 
  3. The steering wheel I noticed when you turn to reverse there is this sound I don't know how to explain but only when reverse turning I encounter this.
  4. You cannot release the boot within the car. The passenger have to go to the boot and click the button to open the boot. (Honda Accord 2008 has this function)
  5. The front hood of the car is not hydraulic. (Honda Accord 2008 has hydraulic hood.)
  6. The lane departure doesn't always work. I noticed sometime I departed the lane it doesn't sound out from speaker.

Mazda 6 rear cabin in particular does not feel as spacious as its width dimension would suggest. Is there still a protruding rear transmission hump in the 2018 model? I find the sizable hump intruding for a rear passenger, especially for a lady, in the middle seat, but doubt its removal given that the same platform is shared by all-wheel drive option available elsewhere. Hopefully, 2018 Mazda 6 has taken a leaf from the likes of Camry in removing the hump.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1