MAZDA 6

Voxy28

Not sure about wiring but I don't think it will be cheap to begin with. U might be better off buying executive trim and get all the other features...

Hi Hobbes/Jiakliaobee,

Indeed ... moreover, it is not lta friendly and while non issue in 1st 3 yrs without inspection and little risk of failing inspection, it will be a major hassle to remove and reinstall.

Not familiar yet with mazda 6 but cannot just easily swap (remove) the halogen bulbs with sgd100-150 led ones ? Think the "eagle eyes" are just plastic reflective tracks and not another typical aftermkt ring led filament right ??

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
↡ Advertisement

Saw a one-star review in Sgcarmart for Mazda 6, due to the poor service at TEK. Wonder who this is, if true, pls post footage of TEK mishandling your car during servicing, driving really fast, going over humps without slowing down etc

I’m sure we all want to see it and will support you. TEK doesn’t deserve good publicity if they treat our cars like dirt during servicing

Similar encounter was posted on Mazda Singapore's Facebook page, and even damages were found by the owner on his Mazda 6 after 10K servicing at TEK:

post-188089-0-40735000-1537421428_thumb.png

Any of the new FL owner can verify the fuel consumption for the 2.0? Wondering if really can feel the different for the drop of 1km/L by spec from the pre-FL.

you can never gauge and compare it accurately this way as every driver and route and rdriving style is different.... the most accurate(as with minimal variables to minimize data corruption) if the same driver drive both models for a period of time on the same route...

even for my case, im the only driver and route is quite standard everyday, use the same fuel grade, from tank to tank already can have 1km/L variation... [laugh]

• Praise 3

Has anyone had any luck in replacing the entire oem headlamp module found on the standard trim with a oem headlamp module on the executive trim? The standard has orange halogen DRL together with LED headlight while executive is full LED angel eye style

Is it a plug and play solution or are the wire jacks all different requiring extra wires or additional modifications?

Hi,

I've checked with an aftermarket shop. Advised cannot change whole head lamp unit as the "socket" (dunno what that refers to) is different. I wonder whether the in-car light switches are different too?

However it's possible to change the daytime yellow halogen bulb to white LED. Need to ensure the LED bulb is dimmable since different brightness level is required for daytime and when head lamp is ON. No stock for this LED bulb at this moment.

I'll check again after car collection. No date for me yet.

Hope this helps.

Do share if you know any shop to change this bulb.

Cheers!

• Praise 1

Hi Tweek,

Thanks but nothing to try or to be concern with nor needing discussion/recommendation to "brake slowly" if indeed no change in braking style, right ?

No, I do not jam brake at junction or slow traffic to risk hitting car in front and my own cars.

It simply does not make sense or risky or even not responsible to make recommendation play around with how to control braking to circumvent this SS activation.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard, the mazda istop is different from the qashqai.

U can actually control it like what some of the bros mentioned.

Try it at the traffice junction, when the car comes to a complete stop (ur normal braking pattern), release the brake pedal pressure abit.. the istop wont be activated. After a few try, u will get the hang of it.. the car wont inch forward

• Praise 1

Hi Richard, the mazda istop is different from the qashqai.

U can actually control it like what some of the bros mentioned.

Try it at the traffice junction, when the car comes to a complete stop (ur normal braking pattern), release the brake pedal pressure abit.. the istop wont be activated. After a few try, u will get the hang of it.. the car wont inch forward

Hi Budgetice,

Thanks but all brakes works the same leh ..dun think mazda any different.

Point is using right tool for right job and no, I would not advise trying to control critical braking to avoid SS and just brake as normal, concentrate on the road or relax.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Budgetice,

Thanks but all brakes works the same leh ..dun think mazda any different.

Point is using right tool for right job and no, I would not advise trying to control critical braking to avoid SS and just brake as normal, concentrate on the road or relax.

Cheers.

Richard

Well, u can try on ur drive way, seems to have a biting point for the istop, else stick to istuck Edited by Budgetice
  • Praise 1

Well, u can try on ur drive way, seems to have a biting point for the istop, else stick to istuck

Hi Budgetice,

Thanks again .. will try the cardboard mod to see any issue or go to the carousell seller for the module that disabled SS for pre FL one .. no istuck for me and not going advise CO driving the mazda 6 on brake control to avoid SS for sure .. lol !

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Actually Richard, like what many Bros have pointed out, the I stop is not that easy to activate unless u apply adequate or full brake pressure with your foot. Unless you are very heavy footed with your brake pedal, most people won’t have I stop activated unnecessarily.

At red lights, my car do not inch forward at all. And no I stop is activated. Same with reversing

• Praise 2

Yeah, let's move on, Let's talk abt the Desire package. Close to 2months since I collected the car, but haven receive card. Anyone face similar delays?

I got a couple of missed calls past 2 weeks and only yesterday realized it’s from Accor.

Is this Accor plus free membership for 1 year really attractive? Cheaper than booking hotels via hotels.com or Expedia or from the official hotel website?

The desire package from TEK is nothing desirable in my opinion. Just fluff. I didn’t bother with the desire decal (looks worse than sticking macdonalds decal). And what does desire offer anyway?

TEK should just improve on their service quality rather than introducing useless programs

• Praise 1

I got a couple of missed calls past 2 weeks and only yesterday realized it’s from Accor.

Is this Accor plus free membership for 1 year really attractive? Cheaper than booking hotels via hotels.com or Expedia or from the official hotel website?

The desire package from TEK is nothing desirable in my opinion. Just fluff. I didn’t bother with the desire decal (looks worse than sticking macdonalds decal). And what does desire offer anyway?

TEK should just improve on their service quality rather than introducing useless programs

The Accor membership you get is - Silver. As long as you register for member and stay in the Accor hotels for 10 nights, you will automatically be a Silver member. You get the same discount of up to 10% as a Classic member, you will get the additional welcome drink, late checkout and turndown service with Silver. If they offered the Gold or Platinum Accor membership then you will get the free room upgrade and access to the Executive Lounge - very useful if you are entertaining guest or just want a quiet breakfast.

• Praise 2

Actually Richard, like what many Bros have pointed out, the I stop is not that easy to activate unless u apply adequate or full brake pressure with your foot. Unless you are very heavy footed with your brake pedal, most people wonât have I stop activated unnecessarily.

At red lights, my car do not inch forward at all. And no I stop is activated. Same with reversing

Hi Jiak,

Noted and hence no need to have recommendation to use brake control then which in opinion is risky ... drive as normal then.

Cheers.

Richard

For buyers who aren't in a hurry, be careful not to be lured by mere couple of thousand dollars saving, even though that is more than the latest cat B COE price decline, especially for those who would typically change their cars before COE expiry, as Mazda cars have rather poor resale / trade-in values as bros here would attest, and this not helped by the erratic pricing by TEK for its new cars and Mazda's strategy to facelift and revamp its models more frequently than its peers do, so that even my SE admitted that buyers now may be in for a rude shock when they find steep depreciation in the values of their relatively new cars, when Mazda rolls out its facelifted or new models sooner rather than later.

All cars resale value sucks when it comes to trading in or selling on your own. It's not only applicable to mazda

Does anyone have any recommended workshops who are very familiar with Mazda cars? I’m thinking of doing servicing outside even though i still have free servicing with Mazda for one year

Rather do outside and have piece of mind than leave my car at tek behind closed doors and wonder what they doing with my car, especially after all the horror stories of cars getting scratched etc

• Praise 1

Does anyone have any recommended workshops who are very familiar with Mazda cars? Iâm thinking of doing servicing outside even though i still have free servicing with Mazda for one year

Rather do outside and have piece of mind than leave my car at tek behind closed doors and wonder what they doing with my car, especially after all the horror stories of cars getting scratched etc

Wasn't there an announcement last year that AD have to honor warranty even if cars were serviced outside?

Seems like this thing is being kept very quiet...

Does anyone have any recommended workshops who are very familiar with Mazda cars? Iâm thinking of doing servicing outside even though i still have free servicing with Mazda for one year

First, it is free service. Second, you heard about horror stories but are those a norm or are those exception? Does it mean that outside workshop will treat a car better and the cars there will not get scratched?

So, dont get paranoid just because of a few cases, i am sure tek have cctv to monitor their workshop and drive way too. They have so many cars, are there so many complaints about mishandling and scratches?

Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2