MAZDA 6

Voxy28

I got my Mazda 6 Executive 2.0 during Aug/Sep 2018 (Executive $107,800 Bank Interest 2.18% with half year Road Tax)

compared to

Car Expo (Executive $105,300 Bank Interest 1.88% with 1 Year Road Tax).

lugi $4,500k the stupid salesman told me pre book sure cheaper than Car Expo.

Full of shit.

Hahaha... Of all person you trust a sales guy?.. Anyway, when you are OK with the deal, just commit, no point compare after signing up... You can never get the best deal as there will always have a better deal... Hehe
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Hahaha... Of all person you trust a sales guy?.. Anyway, when you are OK with the deal, just commit, no point compare after signing up... You can never get the best deal as there will always have a better deal... Hehe

Agree. It's always "bulls**t-o'clock" when you're at the car dealer.

Just enjoy your ride and the features. The Mz6 already offers quite good value-for-money amongst the Jap brands, and has features typically found in the luxury options (need to pay extra type) in some Contis.

Managed to hit 7.3 L/ 100 km doing 90+ percent highway in a 2.5L... Quite impressive, considering the Merc CLA 200 (which is a 1.6L turbo) consumption is about 9.8 L/ 100 km...

• Praise 2

Guys, can check if which one would you choose if not on Budget selection for either the 2.5l spec new Mazda 6 or new Audi A4. Which one would you prefer in term of drive experience?

Guys, can check if which one would you choose if not on Budget selection for either the 2.5l spec new Mazda 6 or new Audi A4. Which one would you prefer in term of drive experience?

I would personally not buy something from VAG.

I would not want to support a company that conspired to profit from knowingly killing people (a.k.a Dieselgate). But that's just my personal view.

If budget isn't an issue, I'd probably look at:

1) Reliability and interior refinement -- then Lexus

2) Drive and engagement -- BMW (just remember that the signal lights are NOT an option)

3) Appearance and sporti-ness  -- Porsche, few other cars can match a Porsche in terms of looks

I generally stay away from the European Brands (except German) and the American brands (because their engineering is known to be s***).

BBC reported early Oct 2018 about *a certain American car-maker* Eco-boom engines cracking, leaking coolant, and in a few cases, catching fire and nearly burning the driver to the ground with it. Add the other issues like the "Power-s*** transmission failures, intentional removal of safety equipment to cut costs, multiple multiple fire safety recalls, and having actually claimed the life of a person when the car decided to spontaneously combust, you can be damn sure I'm not going anywhere near one of their death-traps.

I just heard unofficially that TEK *may* be bringing in the 2.5L Turbo Mz6 but it'd be Q2-Q3 2019 at the earliest. The 2019 Mz3 with Skyactiv-X will be closer to Q4 2019. As always, SG gets the cars much later than other markets.

Edited by DK3410

And Porsche is not from VAG?

I would personally not buy something from VAG.

I would not want to support a company that conspired to profit from knowingly killing people (a.k.a Dieselgate). But that's just my personal view.

If budget isn't an issue, I'd probably look at:

1) Reliability and interior refinement -- then Lexus

2) Drive and engagement -- BMW (just remember that the signal lights are NOT an option)

3) Appearance and sporti-ness  -- Porsche, few other cars can match a Porsche in terms of looks

I generally stay away from the European Brands (except German) and the American brands (because their engineering is known to be s***).

BBC reported early Oct 2018 about *a certain American car-maker* Eco-boom engines cracking, leaking coolant, and in a few cases, catching fire and nearly burning the driver to the ground with it. Add the other issues like the "Power-s*** transmission failures, intentional removal of safety equipment to cut costs, multiple multiple fire safety recalls, and having actually claimed the life of a person when the car decided to spontaneously combust, you can be damn sure I'm not going anywhere near one of their death-traps.

I just heard unofficially that TEK *may* be bringing in the 2.5L Turbo Mz6 but it'd be Q2-Q3 2019 at the earliest. The 2019 Mz3 with Skyactiv-X will be closer to Q4 2019. As always, SG gets the cars much later than other markets.

And Porsche is not from VAG?

It is. But I couldn't think of any other nice car brand that isn't an Aston Martin, Bentley, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Lotus, Maserati, McLaren, Rolls Royce.

Those aren't technically cars. They're fashion accessories and status symbols that coincidentally happen to have 4 wheels and an engine.

That said, Porsche falls into pretty much the same category as above, here in SG.

Wanted to edit that previous post of mine to remove Porsche from the list (had forgotten it was also VAG) but already used edit once and couldn't find the edit button again (a bit new to this forum thingy).

I will pick A4, for its better quality interior and TC engine

Hp is almost similar but A4 has much higher torque

Both can sit 4 adults comfortably, though Mz6's boot is a bit bigger

I don't know about Mz6's FC. you can get about 7.5L/100km in A4 (my friend's), which is impressive. 

I don't know about Mz6's FC. you can get about 7.5L/100km in A4 (my friend's), which is impressive. 

Mz6 2.5L FC ranges between 7.3 L/ 100 km (mostly highway) and 8.0 L/ 100 km (more city or stuck in traffic jam).

Agree that the fit and finish on Audis definitely superior to that of Mazda. You can already feel and hear the difference when you open and close the door.

Having said that, it's obvious Mazda has been copying a lot of Audi's design language for the interior. The central control knob, screen, etc, are so similar that when I got into the cabin of the CX-9, for an instant it felt like I was in the Audi Q7.

A few things to bear in mind though, about turbocharged engines:

1) The lifespan of certain components are generally shorter in turbocharged engines when compared to their naturally aspirated counterparts

2) Must always respect the service interval. Turbos run hot, and at higher pressures (they're called forced induction for a reason) than naturally aspirated engines do. The last thing you want is to miss several preventive maintenance visits and have the turbo blow up in your face. The repair cost is going to be really painful.

3) Must bear in mind to not shut off the engine immediately after driving a turbocharged engine hard. Must let engine idle for a while to bleed the heat from the turbocharger turbine. Otherwise, you can expect the lifespan of the expensive components there to shorten, considerably. Well, on the upside, you can be on first-name basis with the servicing department people.

Turbocharged engines are awesome to drive. They just need a little more TLC compared to their naturally-aspirated siblings.

• Praise 2

Mz6 2.5L FC ranges between 7.3 L/ 100 km (mostly highway) and 8.0 L/ 100 km (more city or stuck in traffic jam).

Agree that the fit and finish on Audis definitely superior to that of Mazda. You can already feel and hear the difference when you open and close the door.

Having said that, it's obvious Mazda has been copying a lot of Audi's design language for the interior. The central control knob, screen, etc, are so similar that when I got into the cabin of the CX-9, for an instant it felt like I was in the Audi Q7.

A few things to bear in mind though, about turbocharged engines:

1) The lifespan of certain components are generally shorter in turbocharged engines when compared to their naturally aspirated counterparts

2) Must always respect the service interval. Turbos run hot, and at higher pressures (they're called forced induction for a reason) than naturally aspirated engines do. The last thing you want is to miss several preventive maintenance visits and have the turbo blow up in your face. The repair cost is going to be really painful.

3) Must bear in mind to not shut off the engine immediately after driving a turbocharged engine hard. Must let engine idle for a while to bleed the heat from the turbocharger turbine. Otherwise, you can expect the lifespan of the expensive components there to shorten, considerably. Well, on the upside, you can be on first-name basis with the servicing department people.

Turbocharged engines are awesome to drive. They just need a little more TLC compared to their naturally-aspirated siblings.

Hi DK,

Not sure of the current A4 but at higher prices compared to thr mazda, the current A3 and worse still Q2 with same engine cannot make .. both the 1.4 and 1.0 that I test drove.

Both the A3 and expectedly higher priced compact SUV Q2 looks like conti but din feel or drove like one and more like some compact jap rides .. the Q2 rear seats cannot even accomodate my rear end and was very harsh and bumpy with little surprise that we hardly see them on the road despite available for long time. Closing the doors of the audis simply showed their lowly tiered nature compared to A6 that I am familiar with which my forester fxt betta them all with modded 4 layer SP and other mods.

Regardless the A3 or Q2, both din make me felt bad going back to my forester fxt and it was only the mazda 6 executive with leathered ladden interior instead of plastics in both A3 and Q2 that did make feel even my modded fxt with wrx sti seats, black plastics pillars from forester ts, leather wrapped steering, leathered plastics, sti gadgets etc. was a drag ... hence booked the mazda 6 executive with added bsm, lane departure, anti collision, assisted breaking etc. safety features that are TOTALLY lacking in A3 and Q2.

Then the tlc maintenance of audi and ill reputed gearbox of the same vw family also din help motivate getting the audis although the tot of getting a lower tiered conti for my wife was the original intention .. hence test drove them.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi SZ,

A4 compared to the $ for mazda 6 2.5 is indeed more attractive ... even if mazda 6 2.5 is available in Singapore and priced the same, A4 of course.

Noted however A4's great FC and pick up performance is due to its light weight which you will feel on nshwy and certainly not an A6 of totally different class.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 2

Hi DK,

Not sure of the current A4 but at higher prices compared to thr mazda, the current A3 and worse still Q2 with same engine cannot make .. both the 1.4 and 1.0 that I test drove.

Both the A3 and expectedly higher priced compact SUV Q2 looks like conti but din feel or drove like one and more like some compact jap rides .. the Q2 rear seats cannot even accomodate my rear end and was very harsh and bumpy with little surprise that we hardly see them on the road despite available for long time. Closing the doors of the audis simply showed their lowly tiered nature compared to A6 that I am familiar with which my forester fxt betta them all with modded 4 layer SP and other mods.

Regardless the A3 or Q2, both din make me felt bad going back to my forester fxt and it was only the mazda 6 executive with leathered ladden interior instead of plastics in both A3 and Q2 that did make feel even my modded fxt with wrx sti seats, black plastics pillars from forester ts, leather wrapped steering, leathered plastics, sti gadgets etc. was a drag ... hence booked the mazda 6 executive with added bsm, lane departure, anti collision, assisted breaking etc. safety features that are TOTALLY lacking in A3 and Q2.

Then the tlc maintenance of audi and ill reputed gearbox of the same vw family also din help motivate getting the audis although the tot of getting a lower tiered conti for my wife was the original intention .. hence test drove them.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi SZ,

A4 compared to the $ for mazda 6 2.5 is indeed more attractive ... even if mazda 6 2.5 is available in Singapore and priced the same, A4 of course.

Noted however A4's great FC and pick up performance is due to its light weight which you will feel on nshwy and certainly not an A6 of totally different class.

Cheers.

Richard

Ya, of cos A4 feels different from A6. Do u mean the light weight of A4 is a downside while driving on NSHW? 

I agree A3 is not as well made as A4, and given a choice, I will pick Mz6 over a A3.

• Praise 1

Ya, of cos A4 feels different from A6. Do u mean the light weight of A4 is a downside while driving on NSHW?

I agree A3 is not as well made as A4, and given a choice, I will pick Mz6 over a A3.

Hi SZ,

Yes .. A4 fast and great FC for that kind of pickup but floats and noisy at even 160kmhr on nshwy ... 1.8 turbo A6 tested steady steady on nshwy but my fxt will eat it on pick up .. keke !

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi DK,

Cheers.

Richard

Hi SZ,

Cheers.

Richard

.... even if mazda6 2.5 turbo is available in Singapore

Hi DK,

Cheers.

Richard

Hi SZ,

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard.

The general idea I have about the more "atas" conti brands is never to go for their lower-end cars.

The A3 was never a consideration for me. Sat in one driven by my colleague and was astounded by how close the build quality and overall feel was to a mainstream Jap car like Mz3 or Altis.

A4 was pretty nice, but to me the one I really liked was the A6. It had the "feel" of an atas German car that you expect when you're paying that sort of money. Unfortunately Premium only brings in the 1.8L turbo for that one.

In general, the German luxury brands struggle to deliver good value for money once you go below their mid to higher end makes (e.g Merc E class, A6, 5 series). Once you go below these, they've stripped out so many of the features that you start wondering whether the car you're gettingis truly "premium" anymore.

Plus, in SG. Where a car is an expensive 10 year lease. Value for money makes much more sense unless you really have money to burn.

Hi SZ,

Yes .. A4 fast and great FC for that kind of pickup but floats and noisy at even 160kmhr on nshwy ... 1.8 turbo A6 tested steady steady on nshwy but my fxt will eat it on pick up .. keke !

Cheers.

Richard

i see, Zerra bro was comparing between A4 and Mz6, so i didnt think other than these 2 models.

How would Mz6 feel on NSHW?

↡ Advertisement