MAZDA 6

Voxy28

Hi Hobbes,

Sorry if I have misled you .. 17" and 18" does NOT differs very much on FC and cost of tyres but yes a bit on comfort from past experience.

If you have any eye on 18 which is certainly more sporty than 17 and nearer to 19 especially for some rim design, it would be in fact a better option and you can keep to 235mm width instead of 225mm for your more powerful 2.5 .. 19" tyres are limited in choice for comfort type and jumps up in price.

Cheers.

Richard

I'm more concerned about how much improvement from 19 to 18 in terms of comfort. Say move from 19 with stock Bridgestone to 18 on Michelin primacy 3...

I guess won't know unless tried...

↡ Advertisement

How much is artex installation?

Hi Roger,

Someone mentioned 30/door for workmanship with own purchased Artex Red Wind at 70 feom online shop which I am not sure includes shipping.

I have no wish to wait and mine with Artex red wind and installation is a packaged deal together with removal of stock car cam and installation of new thinkware f770 that I purchased .. about 300 in total.

This stock car cam is ridiculous cos eurokar din change from previous pre FL without safety windscreen cam for assisted braking, lane departure etc. As a result the stock car cam is between the rear view mirror and the pop up dash display which robs valuable front view estate of driver .. CO asked to change and I got the thinkware F770 cos newer F800 no longer has stealth wiring management.

Cheers.

Richard

I'm more concerned about how much improvement from 19 to 18 in terms of comfort. Say move from 19 with stock Bridgestone to 18 on Michelin primacy 3...

I guess won't know unless tried...

Hi Hobbes,

No doubt 17 with best comfort wrt to quietness and compliant cushy ride and least $ ... but you can still sporty look with 18" and wider 235mm and get quiet tyres like michelin primacy 3/4 ST easier than 19" but yes, you will feel more thuds from 18" than 17" and really up to individuals.

Personally, I go for 18" cos some sportiness, good FC, cheap and easily obtained quiet tyres especially since yours is a more powerful 2.5 in terms of safety stopping performance and the suspension of mazda 6 is fine to alleviate thuds.

Cheers.

Richard

Collecting my M6 in two weeks time. Does the car need to be run in?

Can rev till 4K RPM on first drive?

Thanks.

Manual say first 600 or 1000 miles needs run in, avoid full gas, but never mention the rpm.
  • Praise 2

Manual say first 600 or 1000 miles needs run in, avoid full gas, but never mention the rpm.

I read manual, no specific run in required, it says don’t race the car that’s all.

Thanks.

When you purchase your m6 and when you u got ur coe???
  • Praise 1

Check out this review on the 2L version.

My ride is 2017 model 2L.

I do feel and understand what reviewer is trying to express thou now I don't drive like him

Think he is using the sport mode which hold the rpm at or above 3K.

The 6 speed conventional gear has reacted very well with the engine for responsive up/down shift.

I don't use the sport mode as it is not suitable for daily driving due to holding at high rpm, so felt the bottom is redundant.

Now I know what sport mode is for.. [thumbsup] 

• Praise 1

Thanks.

Congratulations . But it is a brand new car, help us understand why would you want to do that in the first place ? Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

My ride is 2017 model 2L.

I do feel and understand what reviewer is trying to express thou now I don't drive like him

Think he is using the sport mode which hold the rpm at or above 3K.

The 6 speed conventional gear has reacted very well with the engine for responsive up/down shift.

I don't use the sport mode as it is not suitable for daily driving due to holding at high rpm, so felt the bottom is redundant.

Now I know what sport mode is for.. [thumbsup]

Hi Pat,

If you are on nshwy at 130-140kmhr, you will be >3k rpm and this sports mode works.

Still finding engine very vocal after 1 weeks and 500km compared not to lexus or s class .. just forester xt and 1.2 qashqai.

Hope better when runs in and will change to synthetic eo and will ask for thicker synthetic eo if new synthetic eo still dun help.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Pat,

If you are on nshwy at 130-140kmhr, you will be >3k rpm and this sports mode works.

Still finding engine very vocal after 1 weeks and 500km compared not to lexus or s class .. just forester xt and 1.2 qashqai.

Hope better when runs in and will change to synthetic eo and will ask for thicker synthetic eo if new synthetic eo still dun help.

Cheers.

Richard

I heard this Mz6 they put synthetic directly, no mineral oil. They don’t change oil for 1k and 5k.

Check out this review on the 2L version.

It is my problem. The YouTube is not displayed in mobile mode, I switch to desktop mode then see.

Hi Hobbes,

No doubt 17 with best comfort wrt to quietness and compliant cushy ride and least $ ... but you can still sporty look with 18" and wider 235mm and get quiet tyres like michelin primacy 3/4 ST easier than 19" but yes, you will feel more thuds from 18" than 17" and really up to individuals.

Personally, I go for 18" cos some sportiness, good FC, cheap and easily obtained quiet tyres especially since yours is a more powerful 2.5 in terms of safety stopping performance and the suspension of mazda 6 is fine to alleviate thuds.

Cheers.

Richard

Richard, I just changed to the 2018 mz6 dark 17 inch rims. Paired with Pirelli P7 Cinturato. The ride comfort is now much much better compared to my stock 19 inch. The dark 2018 17" rims looks similar in color to the 19" so I'm happy with them.

The increase in comfort and quietness plus reduction in harshness is very significant. Now can do the red wind for wind noise and I'm done.

I won't advise anyone to upgrade to 19 unless u really want the sporty look. Don't understand why they give 19 as stock for 2.5 when the ride quality is affected so much.

For those interested, before and after look for 19 vs 17.

post-18040-0-46639800-1542423908_thumb.jpeg

post-18040-0-99358100-1542423934_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Hobbes187
  • Praise 3

Hi Pat,

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard

Not sure change to thicker engine oil would help.

Driven my close to 11mths, the engine is LOUD.

My wife was stun at first day start engine in quiet mscp but now ok....Haha.

↡ Advertisement