MAZDA 6

Voxy28

Add me to the chat group

PM me,if you can stand 500 messages a Day. :a-confused:  [bigcry]

Hi Richard

Not sure change to thicker engine oil would help.

Driven my close to 11mths, the engine is LOUD.

My wife was stun at first day start engine in quiet mscp but now ok....Haha.

SkyActiv Engine used only 0w-20 Oil...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

PM me,if you can stand 500 messages a Day. :a-confused:[bigcry]

SkyActiv Engine used only 0w-20 Oil...

Hi ER,

Aaah .. din know .. thanks for the info.

Guess I will ask for ?W-30 then if run in and synthetic eo dun alleviate while noting at expense of poorer FC. There should be no concern with such slightly thicker oil since there is a range of working temp but will now check out the manual.

Just drove out for dinner and with quieter tyres and overall noise, the engine noise become more apparent .. the downside of such sound improvement as found previously with forester .. it is relative until you cover all aspects.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi ER,

Guess I will ask for ?W-30 then if run in and synthetic eo dun alleviate while noting at expense of poorer FC. There should be no concern with such slightly thicker oil since there is a range of working temp but will now check out the manual.

Just drove out for dinner and with quieter tyres and overall noise, the engine noise become more apparent .. the downside of such sound improvement as found previously with forester .. it is relative.

Cheera.

Richard

FYI TEK does not change oil at 1k and 5k. I asked for price to change they quoted me crazy $300+.
  • Praise 1

FYI TEK does not change oil at 1k and 5k. I asked for price to change they quoted me crazy $300+.

Hi Hobbes,

Yes and good info .. 1k typically not changing eo since it is just to ensure nothing drop off from mass production process with inevitable some misses.

However my 3 recent new cars will change out at 1k and 5k either at AD or outside as I try to flush out as much debris and factory eo as possible especially those mineral eo ones as seen from 5k eo change.

Indeed I cannot fathom sgd300 for eo and filter change and will update bros in about 1 week's time.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

TEK bullshxx, Oil & Filter changed just about $180,if you find it too expensive,can go Monster Garage,they used the Mazda 0w20 Oil with filter Change,just $150...do it at 5,000km Mark.

• Praise 1

Hi ER,

Just drove out for dinner and with quieter tyres and overall noise, the engine noise become more apparent .. the downside of such sound improvement as found previously with forester .. it is relative until you cover all aspects.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi ER,

As expected ?W/30 is fine.

When your car ages, you have to use thicker eo also.

One added advantage of thicker eo other than quieter engine is less prone to leakage as it exerts less pressure on gaskets .. at least theoretically.

Btw tested neighbour's one of last 3 units of pre FL, it is quite a different car including noise level but this FL version still have noise leakage on at least front doors to induce irritation behind driver's right ear and behind passenger's left ear and hope to share more after further tries to get it contain or alleviated .. despite Dr. Artex's red wind enhancement.

Cheers.

Richard

post-149594-0-60978600-1542524135_thumb.jpg

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 1

Guys, can check if which one would you choose if not on Budget selection for either the 2.5l spec new Mazda 6 or new Audi A4. Which one would you prefer in term of drive experience?

Hi Zerra,

A4 !

Cheers.

Richard

Btw tested neighbour's one of last 3 units of pre FL, it is quite a different car including noise level but this FL version still have noise leakage on at least front doors to induce irritation behind driver's right ear and behind passenger's left ear and hope to share more after further tries to get it contain or alleviated .. despite Dr. Artex's red wind enhancement.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi bros,

Now I know why regardless 2.0, 2.5 or 2.5 turbo on NVH improvement though there is still gap to my wish within subjective reasonableness even with accoustic treated front and side window glass:

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2018-mazda-6-25t-test-review

Cheers.

Richard

post-149594-0-13562500-1542532918_thumb.jpg

Edited by richard_crl032

Bro, u sure bo? I changed my oil at 1k interval at TEK for my 2018 Maz6. It's less than $150. Did they mean total cost for 2 oil change?
  • Praise 1

Bro, u sure bo? I changed my oil at 1k interval at TEK for my 2018 Maz6. It's less than $150. Did they mean total cost for 2 oil change?

At 5k that was the number quoted to me...

Hey Astra,

Good to know and more reasonable .. then I will just stay with eurokar for 1k and 5k service.

Please advise what synthetic eo are available cos 1st mazda.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hey Astra,

Good to know and more reasonable .. then I will just stay with eurokar for 1k and 5k service.

Please advise what synthetic eo are available cos 1st mazda.

Cheers.

Richard

TEK using Mazda Eco Oil,made by Idemitsu in S'pore...Monster Garage using Mazda Moly Oil made in USA,both are 0w-20.

• Praise 1

Only know that sometimes tek servicing can be jialat cos u kenna carrot but of course you get the so called better "guarantee" as it's from ad

Hi Bax,

Also noted many car owners complain regardless tah chong, MI or Eurokar from last 3 yrs of having 3 different new cars in the family ..

For me, I will always stay with AD especially new model since outside ws do not have access to software update or service bulletin.

In addition, less concern on warranty issue regardless recent announcement that AD cannot void warranty just because owners do not service their cars with AD .. also dun have to keep separate service record book without which this announcement will not hold.

AD runs biz and their service will have to charge according and cannot compare outside ws with lower cost .. if all owners go outside then their service center have to cut back some more and owners will only see poorer or more expensive service.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi ER,

As expected ?W/30 is fine.

When your car ages, you have to use thicker eo also.

One added advantage of thicker eo other than quieter engine is less prone to leakage as it exerts less pressure on gaskets .. at least theoretically.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi bros,

On still obvious wind noise, realised that it is installed on stock insulation on chassis for my forester and not on doors' insulation as in the case done on mazda 6.

Not sure if this is the reason but clarified with dats audio and seem that mazda 6's need to cut chassis insulation if fitted with red wind since without holes unlike forester.

Will redo chassis insulation this Sat and get Dats Auto to cut it as required but believe it will be betta as there are obvious different in how these stock rubber insulation sealing are done in forester which red wind is very effective in keeping away wind noise of windows from driver but it is too complicated to explain here in words and photos.

Hope this helps bros planning for it.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi bros,

Now I know why regardless 2.0, 2.5 or 2.5 turbo on NVH improvement though there is still gap to my wish within subjective reasonableness even with accoustic treated front and side window glass:

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2018-mazda-6-25t-test-review

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Laminated glass also helps cut UVA. It also resists shattering when hit by hard impact.

Personally I'm quite doubtful that our local Mazda 6 has the acoustic laminated glass.

They've taken out so many features from our local models, even the highest-trim "Luxury" version.

• Praise 1

Hi Richard,

Laminated glass also helps cut UVA. It also resists shattering when hit by hard impact.

Personally I'm quite doubtful that our local Mazda 6 has the acoustic laminated glass.

They've taken out so many features from our local models, even the highest-trim "Luxury" version.

Hi DK,

Do not think such glass will be taken out but for sure pre FL is quite a different car including the interior i additional to noise level.

Feel much more plushed with new uncluttered control panel, hidden head up display with bsm and lane departure features, horizontal door level togther with totally brand new door control panel, walk away self lock etc. etc.

I am 99% sure that I would not have bought the pre FL 2.0l one especially when even FL one is considered noisy to me with side window noise instrusion to be resolved and vocal engine when pushed which I hope will be betta after run in and thicker synthetic eo since FC is great to allow such use.

Cheers.

Richard

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1