MAZDA 6

Voxy28

Hi S2s1,

She did not say .. only that they found problem and holding back the upgrade.

But indeed time to call to enquire and will advise .. nav sucks big time and frustrating trying to sewrch for address.

Cheers.

Richard

I was taught by SE to input the postal code of the address you're trying to find. Saves a lot of work.

↡ Advertisement

I was taught by SE to input the postal code of the address you're trying to find. Saves a lot of work.

Hi DK,

Thanks and yes, my son found and taught me.

However when without postal code as yesterday looking for 2 Jalan Mutiara .. it failed again.

Cheers.

Richard

Do you guys pump 95 or 98? SE told me can pump 95. I pumped 95 and the car is sluggish and gear takes a while longer than my previous car. Might have to change to 98 to see how it goes for my 2.0 executive.

• Praise 1

Do you guys pump 95 or 98? SE told me can pump 95. I pumped 95 and the car is sluggish and gear takes a while longer than my previous car. Might have to change to 98 to see how it goes for my 2.0 executive.

I have my car, the 2.0 Executive for 2 weeks now and I have been using 95. I have no problems. In fact, my car has been running well and smooth. I have sent it in for the 1000 km servicing last Friday. After that, the car ran even smoother and quieter. The engine is noisy when I start it first time in the morning. But after it has reached its operating temperature, everything is quiet. Until you rev it to above 2000 rpms. Overall, I think It's a great car. And I save paying the government a lot of taxes t

I have my car, the 2.0 Executive for 2 weeks now and I have been using 95. I have no problems. In fact, my car has been running well and smooth. I have sent it in for the 1000 km servicing last Friday. After that, the car ran even smoother and quieter. The engine is noisy when I start it first time in the morning. But after it has reached its operating temperature, everything is quiet. Until you rev it to above 2000 rpms. Overall, I think It's a great car. And I save paying the government a lot of taxes than when I buy a BMW, Merc or Audi.

Not every times success, and sometimes only know road or building name but not the post code.

Have you tried sports mode? ;)

Hi S2s1,

But indeed time to call to enquire and will advise .. nav sucks big time and frustrating trying to sewrch for address.

Cheers.

Richard

Just sent my car to service and asked the SA, she “think” due to some problem and company on hold the installation. But she could not advise when they will start the installation again......
  • Praise 2

Hi S2s1,

I have DIY installed the Mazda Carplay on my 2018 Mazda 6 standard.

It take me around 3 hours to complete the Firmware Upgrade and Installation.

I bought the USB Hub and Cable from ebay and download installation manual from Mazda3Revolution.

It take 2 weeks from US to Singapore and cost me around US$190 (Included International Shipping)

However, I feel that Apple Carplay not very useful because it is similar with original MZD Connect.

And only advantages will be using Google Map or Waze for navigation with traffic information.

But our phone need to connect through cable instead of Bluetooth or wireless to MZD Connect.

• Praise 1

I have tried both but I want to run both a few more tanks to be conclusive. Preliminary observations are as follows:

RON95

Car has slower acceleration (compared with RON98) and low-end torque

Engine sound louder 

More fuel efficient than RON 98 averaging 7.2l/ 100km (RON 98 about 8) for city driving

although average fuel reads lower than RON 98 I seem to get more mileage in a tank from RON 98 (Note: The is inconsistent with the average reading and I want to run a few more tanks to be conclusive).

RON 98

Engine sound quieter and smoother

More efficient than RON95 for highway driving (70kmph to 110kmph) approx 6.0 - 6.8l/100 km (RON 95 average 6.8- 7.5l/100km)

quicker acceleration and torque

i-stop less intrusive and smoother 

Make sure you run down your tank till the light comes out before you swap fuels. Mixing the fuel will cause the engine to run hotter, loud and rough (probably engine knock) and may damage your engine. To ensure you fully use up the old fuel, pump a qtr tank first with the different RON fuel when the fuel lights up, run it down again till the light is up and then refill a full tank.

Edited by EdwinLee_146267
  • Praise 1

Bad news, Richard. They called me and said no stock, and could not tell me when the stock will come......

Was put on waiting list too with no date given!! Generally, I don't like the service of their aftermarket team. I find them lack the initiative and experience handling simple requests. Their attitude is definitely sub standard. 

Was at the claim centre recently and my latest interaction with them confirmed by view of Eurokars!!! This is definitely my first and last Mazda car!! 

• Praise 1

I have tried both but I want to run both a few more tanks to be conclusive. Preliminary observations are as follows:

RON95

Car has slower acceleration (compared with RON98) and low-end torque

Engine sound louder 

More fuel efficient than RON 98 averaging 7.2l/ 100km (RON 98 about 8) for city driving

although average fuel reads lower than RON 98 I seem to get more mileage in a tank from RON 98 (Note: The is inconsistent with the average reading and I want to run a few more tanks to be conclusive).

RON 98

Engine sound quieter and smoother

More efficient than RON95 for highway driving (70kmph to 110kmph) approx 6.0 - 6.8l/100 km (RON 95 average 6.8- 7.5l/100km)

quicker acceleration and torque

i-stop less intrusive and smoother 

Make sure you run down your tank till the light comes out before you swap fuels. Mixing the fuel will cause the engine to run hotter, loud and rough (probably engine knock) and may damage your engine. To ensure you fully use up the old fuel, pump a qtr tank first with the different RON fuel when the fuel lights up, run it down again till the light is up and then refill a full tank.

As with most modern engines, the Skyactiv-G is able to detect the quality of the petrol it's drinking.

When you feed it higher RON petrol, it then advances (brings forward) the timing of the valve and ignition (because higher RON fuel is more resistant to premature detonation). The result is a slight increase in power output, as well as a leaner burn (improved fuel efficiency).

However, any savings you'd manage with this is greatly eclipsed by the much higher cost of RON 98 petrol vs RON 95 petrol in SG.

So the general advice, is always to use the MINIMUM RON rating specified by the manufacturer. You can't do harm to your engine feeding it more premium petrol. But you CAN damage your engine by feeding it petrol lower than the specified RON it's designed to consume.

It also doesn't harm to mix petrol in your tank. It just becomes a mish-mash of RON 97 or something depending on the proportion of petrol you put in of each. In overseas countries they mix Ethanol to raise the RON rating of petrol in the similar way.

Edited by DK3410
  • Praise 2

Not every times success, and sometimes only know road or building name but not the post code.

Have you tried sports mode? ;)

Just sent my car to service and asked the SA, she âthinkâ due to some problem and company on hold the installation. But she could not advise when they will start the installation again......

Hi S2s1,

Indeed x1

Sports mode sucks, just keeps to low gear, make loud noise and not going faster since low gear .. never had such "sports" mode before and even the 3 nissan sunny that CO had at least made some difference.

Indeed x2 and guess I dun have to call liao and wait for another few months ... dun know how new car owners promised AA when booking will react but praise for at least sharing this bad news or it is only upgrade that is plagued by the issue .. for a while yet.

Cheers.

Richard

Was put on waiting list too with no date given!! Generally, I don't like the service of their aftermarket team. I find them lack the initiative and experience handling simple requests. Their attitude is definitely sub standard.

Was at the claim centre recently and my latest interaction with them confirmed by view of Eurokars!!! This is definitely my first and last Mazda car!!

Hi John,

Think more if not all ADs will faced complains by owners abd we are Singaporeans after all who buy world's most expensive cars ... lol !

Last 3 yrs with nissan, subaru and now mazda and threads fill with threats .. punt intended ..lol x2 !

Cheera.

Richard

Hi S2s1,

I have DIY installed the Mazda Carplay on my 2018 Mazda 6 standard.

It take me around 3 hours to complete the Firmware Upgrade and Installation.

I bought the USB Hub and Cable from ebay and download installation manual from Mazda3Revolution.

It take 2 weeks from US to Singapore and cost me around US$190 (Included International Shipping)

However, I feel that Apple Carplay not very useful because it is similar with original MZD Connect.

And only advantages will be using Google Map or Waze for navigation with traffic information.

But our phone need to connect through cable instead of Bluetooth or wireless to MZD Connect.

Hi Nkw,

Seems mazda AA can do much more and I cannot wait to get tunein radio included for crystal clear internet radio ...

<<

Not sure your aftermkt one is the same.

Cheers.

Richard

post-149594-0-63946400-1548657720_thumb.jpg

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Nkw,

Seems mazda AA can do much more and I cannot wait to get tunein radio included for crystal clear internet radio ...

<<

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard,

I am not familiar with internet radio.

But those apps must be compatible with Carplay.

And now limited apps are supported by Apple Carplay or Android Auto.

Apart for this, touch screen will be disabled while driving.

So we can only rely on Commander Switch to select and navigate.

But those apps are designed to use on Touch Screen environment.

So it take time to get used with Carplay without the Touch Screen Input.

My Carplay Retrofit Kit should be exactly same as original retrofit kit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mazda-Apple-CarPlay-and-Android-Auto-Retrofit-Kit-00008FZ34-/192679403436

• Praise 1

need to know your country, input the relevant town into the selection if do not know postal code

If just a street name, then the Nav not so user friendly

Hi S2s1,

Cheers.

Richard

• Praise 4

need to know your country, input the relevant town into the selection if do not know postal code

If just a street name, then the Nav not so user friendly

Agreed, I still preferred to use google map.

That’s why I install the Apple CarPlay. Haha

Hi Nkw,

<<

Cheers.

Richard

I tried TuneIn and compare local stations with broadcast radio, I found lithe broadcast radio gives better sound quality. So I stick to radio, just need to switch stations when a station reception is not good at a place.

Agreed, I still preferred to use google map.

Thatâs why I install the Apple CarPlay. Haha

Especially if you need travel to Malaysia frequently then I think Apple CarPlay + Google Map will be perfect match for you.

Because it is so nice to look at 8’ screen in the middle of dashboard instead of your phone.

And it is so easy to find a place with traffic information.

Hi Richard,

I am not familiar with internet radio.

But those apps must be compatible with Carplay.

And now limited apps are supported by Apple Carplay or Android Auto.

Apart for this, touch screen will be disabled while driving.

So we can only rely on Commander Switch to select and navigate.

But those apps are designed to use on Touch Screen environment.

So it take time to get used with Carplay without the Touch Screen Input.

My Carplay Retrofit Kit should be exactly same as original retrofit kit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mazda-Apple-CarPlay-and-Android-Auto-Retrofit-Kit-00008FZ34-/192679403436

Hi bro,

“Apart for this, touch screen will be disabled while driving.”

Do u refer to phone or our car LCD, or both?

↡ Advertisement