MAZDA 6

Voxy28

Happy new year!

Does anyone here drive a 2.5 Mazda 6 with 360 view? Is it useful? A bit regret not getting it and wondering if anyone can install the camera for 360 view?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Mine has the 360; I think it is helpful especially in the beginning when I switched from my smaller Honda over to Mz 6 which is longer and wider; used to have to check side and rear view mirror constantly when reversing into parking lot but now relying more on the 360... not sure if it is a good thing though cos my next car might not have 360....the camera is also on when moving forward when activated so it is also good when manoeuvring the tight areas like going up ramp at Liang Court

• Praise 2

Happy new year!

Does anyone here drive a 2.5 Mazda 6 with 360 view? Is it useful? A bit regret not getting it and wondering if anyone can install the camera for 360 view?

Thought the lowest trim for 2.5L already comes with it? Did you opt off for extra discount? Not sure if monster garage install it or not. Might be cheap.
  • Praise 1

Yes was thinking of the 360 camera for places like Liang Court!

Thought the lowest trim for 2.5L already comes with it? Did you opt off for extra discount? Not sure if monster garage install it or not. Might be cheap.

Mine was the 2.0 executive

Yes was thinking of the 360 camera for places like Liang Court!

Mine was the 2.0 executive

Haha... my car proximity sensors were beeping like crazy and it takes a nice and slow drive to navigate the Liang Court ramp

I am toamiwersta and i would to help you. Anyone?

Help in what way?

Give everyone here a USD 1 million Ang pow?

• Praise 1

Happy new year!

Mine also has the 360 camera.

The online reviews all criticize it for the low resolution etc. But in reality, it's more than enough. Face it, 640 x 480 vs 1920 x 1080 isn't going to make much difference when you're trying to go up to 2 inches from the wall. If anything, higher res cameras are likely going to cost more to replace should anything happen (the side cameras are mounted in the wing mirror roots).

In my humble opinion, I started out only really using the rear camera (my previous cars save the 2nd-gen Prius all had reverse cameras), more out of habit and also because I felt that nothing could really replace driver judgement and judicious use of the mirrors.

However, recently, I'm increasingly making use of the 360 camera to help fine-tune my parking further, and ensuring I'm truly in the centre of the parking lot. I guess it's part of being human. When you get a good crutch, you make good use of it, until you find later you cannot do without it anymore.

It's also a great help when navigating tight corners and ramps in some of the notorious carparks in Singapore, where all the proximity sensors are buzzing their t**s off and you have no idea which one is closer to the wall.

Fret not however, as this technology becomes increasingly common, I believe it will start trickling down to even "basic" models in time to come. Even more so when tech is already moving towards autonomous cars.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Fret not however, as this technology becomes increasingly common, I believe it will start trickling down to even "basic" models in time to come. Even more so when tech is already moving towards autonomous cars.

It's trickled down to many small vehicles... I believe the Lexus UX has it, even cars like the VW Golf have had self-parking systems for years.

The problem is that in SG, the trickle down rate is slowed by the bottom line to keep OMV and ARF down.

• Praise 2

Hi,

I just gotten my new Mazda 6 2.0 few days back.

Would like to check if the new Mazda 6 have "grinding sound" when the engine start in the morning.

Or start after car packed for many hours? 

Once the engine is warm, sound seems normal to me.

Like bro sgsmith, experience some vibration when aircon kick in, but that is acceptable to me.

Thanks & Happy CNY to whose celebrating :)

• Praise 1

I have my car, the 2.0 Executive for 2 weeks now and I have been using 95. I have no problems. In fact, my car has been running well and smooth. I have sent it in for the 1000 km servicing last Friday. After that, the car ran even smoother and quieter. The engine is noisy when I start it first time in the morning. But after it has reached its operating temperature, everything is quiet. Until you rev it to above 2000 rpms. Overall, I think It's a great car. And I save paying the government a lot of taxes t

I have my car, the 2.0 Executive for 2 weeks now and I have been using 95. I have no problems. In fact, my car has been running well and smooth. I have sent it in for the 1000 km servicing last Friday. After that, the car ran even smoother and quieter. The engine is noisy when I start it first time in the morning. But after it has reached its operating temperature, everything is quiet. Until you rev it to above 2000 rpms. Overall, I think It's a great car. And I save paying the government a lot of taxes than when I buy a BMW, Merc or Audi.

Hi HLC-Mazda6,

Exactly the same scenario with my new Mazda 6 Exec. I gotten it for 4 days, and every morning the first start, there seems like an obvious "grinding sound" but went away after ~20s when the engine rpm start dropping.   

Hi,

I just gotten my new Mazda 6 2.0 few days back.

Would like to check if the new Mazda 6 have "grinding sound" when the engine start in the morning.

Or start after car packed for many hours?

Once the engine is warm, sound seems normal to me.

Like bro sgsmith, experience some vibration when aircon kick in, but that is acceptable to me.

Thanks & Happy CNY to whose celebrating :)

It is one of the FAQs for Mazda car, copy one paragraph from an online source

"While the average engine may take several minutes to warm up in cold temperatures, your SKYACTIV engine is different. Using a higher RMP of about 1500, as well as an advanced combustion process, the catalyst is warmed up quickly, resulting in cleaner emissions. It will slowly become quieter as the accelerated warm-up is completed and the whole thing should take around thirty seconds.

So, do you need to wait for the Accelerated Warmup to complete before you take off? Not at all. Just head out on your way and let your SKYACTIV engine do the work."

Hi HLC-Mazda6,

Exactly the same scenario with my new Mazda 6 Exec. I gotten it for 4 days, and every morning the first start, there seems like an obvious "grinding sound" but went away after ~20s when the engine rpm start dropping.   

it is briefly mentioned in the owner's manual as well.

"After starting a cold engine, the engine speed increases and a whining sound from the engine compartment can be heard.

This is for improved exhaust gas purification and does not indicate any parts defect."

it is briefly mentioned in the owner's manual as well.

"After starting a cold engine, the engine speed increases and a whining sound from the engine compartment can be heard.

This is for improved exhaust gas purification and does not indicate any parts defect."

Thank you!

It's 120800 for the 2.5L premium ,with 1.88% interest rate, think no where else can find such low interest, can be a few thousand diff from a total loan perspective.

ARF is about 27500+ so total without loan interest is about 11k a year depre if drive 10 years, with interest (depending on your loan amount) about 12k...not extremely low but not high, quite nominal I think.

Comes standard freebies like rikecool solar film, blankunpt BP9 front n rear in car cam, brila coating, some discount card with 2 free gold class tickets

But this is don't have 5 years warranty and 5 years servicing, comes with 3 years warranty and 1 year servicing.

The SE is a nice guy, nicely followed up, no pressuring.

Hope this helps

Good price. I didn’t know about the package differences if not I might be tempted to get a new one. Just bought a 1 year old Mazda 6 2.5L Premium @ 101k last month. Still good depre @ $9800/yr, but might have considered a new one if depre like yours around 10.7k/year.
  • Praise 1

M6 provide only one cigarette lighter?

Yes 1 only

It's trickled down to many small vehicles... I believe the Lexus UX has it, even cars like the VW Golf have had self-parking systems for years.

The problem is that in SG, the trickle down rate is slowed by the bottom line to keep OMV and ARF down.

Yes exactly. Proliferation of such technologies are hampered by prices and bottom line.

Haha... my car proximity sensors were beeping like crazy and it takes a nice and slow drive to navigate the Liang Court ramp ð

I’m thinking if installing via 3rd party garage will void the warranty

It is one of the FAQs for Mazda car, copy one paragraph from an online source

"While the average engine may take several minutes to warm up in cold temperatures, your SKYACTIV engine is different. Using a higher RMP of about 1500, as well as an advanced combustion process, the catalyst is warmed up quickly, resulting in cleaner emissions. It will slowly become quieter as the accelerated warm-up is completed and the whole thing should take around thirty seconds.

So, do you need to wait for the Accelerated Warmup to complete before you take off? Not at all. Just head out on your way and let your SKYACTIV engine do the work."

Most cars these days warm up with higher engine rpm. Even my vw touran ten yrs ago will warm up at 1500-2000 rpm.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1