MAZDA 6

Voxy28

Oh, even the DRL cant be changed to LED? the Standard version come with yellow bulb only, thinking to change to white LED [:p]

Will fail inspection 3 years later. But its not cheap to change from halogen to led drl. It costs about 1.5k to change the front lights alone Edited by thesoul
  • Praise 1

Will fail inspection 3 years later. But its not cheap to change from halogen to led drl. It costs about 1.5k to change the front lights alone

Alright, thanks  [thumbsup]

So if the car comes with LED DRL it's ok, but if you changed from BULB to LED then cannot. what's the rational for this? due to electrical/fire hazard?

Alright, thanks [thumbsup]

So if the car comes with LED DRL it's ok, but if you changed from BULB to LED then cannot. what's the rational for this? due to electrical/fire hazard?

I suspect its got to do with tax since higher trims with better features have higher omv, which translates to higher tax. If everyone circumvents it to purchase basic trims and modify aftermarket, then lta cant suck more money out of these. So by deeming it illegal, it’s enough to “stop” people from changing it out after car purchase.

Alright, thanks [thumbsup]

Hi cck,

Any car model sold in Singapore must passsed inspection and approval obtained.

Aftermarket additional modifications can be in hundreds or thousands which inspectorate will not and cannot check if ok and you have must have modded lights blinding front or oncoming cars.

Nevertheless, I will just change out if it irks me ...

Cheers.

Richard

I suspect its got to do with tax since higher trims with better features have higher omv, which translates to higher tax. If everyone circumvents it to purchase basic trims and modify aftermarket, then lta cant suck more money out of these. So by deeming it illegal, itâs enough to âstopâ people from changing it out after car purchase.

Although that's entirely plausible given how kiasu the government is, it's likely the not the reason, otherwise "locally fitted" accessories would not happen.

Likely reason is it's an "accessory" that can directly affect other cars and road safety (ie too bright or not dipped). So if cannot control, must ban.

• Praise 1

I suspect its got to do with tax since higher trims with better features have higher omv, which translates to higher tax. If everyone circumvents it to purchase basic trims and modify aftermarket, then lta cant suck more money out of these. So by deeming it illegal, itâs enough to âstopâ people from changing it out after car purchase.

This kind of tax is small money. If they want they would have banned all aftermarket accessories.

Issue is the lights may affect other users, cause incidents or accidents. In Singapore roads, any accident causes great inefficiency on the roads such as jams. I find it very irritating when somebody’s lights are very bright too and cause difficulty driving.

• Praise 2

Although that's entirely plausible given how kiasu the government is, it's likely the not the reason, otherwise "locally fitted" accessories would not happen.

Likely reason is it's an "accessory" that can directly affect other cars and road safety (ie too bright or not dipped). So if cannot control, must ban.

I think so. The DRL wont cause too much of trouble, the problem is the headlamp. Probably the blanket ban makes their life easier.

I think so. The DRL wont cause too much of trouble, the problem is the headlamp. Probably the blanket ban makes their life easier.

My Mazda 6 Chat Group Member,Even Reverse Lights Bulbs changed to LED also get caught,fine $70.00....so if you are down in luck...anything can happened.

Hi Lawrence Gan,

Thank you for your sharing. I changed my interior lights to LEDs based on the info you provided. Easily done.

The only light I was unable to change was the boot light. The LED lights I bought in the package does not have the appropriate bulb.

Thank you.

Edited by HLC-Mazda6

Hi Lawrence Gan,

Thank you for your sharing. I changed my interior lights to LEDs based on the info you provided. Easily done.

The only light I was unable to change was the boot light. The LED lights I bought in the package does not have the appropriate bulb.

Thank you.

Bro, no worries. Good thing must share share.

The set of LED is for previous gen.

I found the LED type separately for our gen.

I bought. It is not bright enough and I found it is bit loose. Not recommend but if you so keen to change it like me, study the T5 type, look for different variant and compare ba :)

https://s.lazada.sg/s.eYhK

Cheers

• Praise 1

The 2019 Mazda 3 has a cool interface for Mazda connect. Any idea if our mazda 6 are entitled to upgrade to this new interface?

Unlikely as it's a newer gen with hardware and other changes (for e.g. the new m3 interface no longer supports touch). Expect to see it when M6 gets a full model change, or at the very earliest if M6 has another facelift with entire infotainment changed (unlikely, and current M6 just got a FL recently)

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Service center did not change engine oil during 1k and 5K service for new Mazda 6?

Is this normal?

• Praise 1

Service center did not change engine oil during 1k and 5K service for new Mazda 6?

Is this normal?

You can paid for oil change if need.
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

You can paid for oil change if need.

Thanks but they did not mention it

Staff told me engine oil only change when doing 10k servicing

I’m just curious is this normal :)?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1