MAZDA 6

Voxy28

Yea I'm sure. Ive only driven a 2006 jazz myself. Cant really say much about it. But the new Camry and accord price themselves out when compared to the M6. Boot space and rear passenger space M6 definitely less. But for 150k, I think I wont pay for an accord and Camry!!! Though the new accord is a 1.5 turbocharged , so yea.

The Opel Insignia Grandsport (1.5T, 162 bhp) is as spacious as Camry and is $109.8K. Definitely worth taking a look at.

*I am not a SE.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

The Opel Insignia Grandsport (1.5T, 162 bhp) is as spacious as Camry and is $109.8K. Definitely worth taking a look at.

*I am not a SE.

Yes second that! I’ve booked the insignia!
  • Praise 3

*I am not a SE.

Quite true. Looks not bad. But I still prefer the overall Mazda 6 package. I used to be a fan of European cars,had 3 solid Volvos and 1 Peugeot. I feel the Mazda is a good mix. European cars too expensive to maintain long term for the normal working class. Haha :) just my 2 cents worth.
  • Praise 2

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/07/12/mazda-3-6-cx-5-recall-engine-stall/

Mazda is recalling 262,220 vehicles due to a software error that could cause the engine to unexpectedly stall out. The recall affects 2018-2019 CX-5 crossovers, 2018-2019 Mazda6 sedans and 2019 Mazda3 models. 

According to NHTSA recall No. 19V497000, which was filed June 27, a programming issue in the powertrain control module (PCM) on select Mazda vehicles could cause the engine to shut down. More specifically, "the software controlling the hydraulic valve clearance adjuster may operate improperly when transitioning from cylinder deactivation to full cylinder activation modes." This could potentially cause the intake valve rocker arm to come out of position and hit something else in the engine. If this occurs, the engine could misfire, the engine could lose power, and the Malfunction Indicator Light would be triggered.

The recall affects 143,004 2018 CX-5s, 81,236 2019 CX-5s, 18,295 2018 Mazda6s, 2,551 2019 Mazda6s, and 17,134 Mazda3s. Some cars from those model years received the improved software at the factory and won't be affected by the recall.

Although the first report of a related issue was chronicled in January 31, 2018, no injuries tied to the problems have been reported. Mazda is expected to start its recall on or before August 26, 2019, and will reprogram the PCM with improved hydraulic valve adjustment control programming for free. Contact Mazda at 1-800-222-5500, reference No. 3719F, for more information.

Dunno whether ours affected as well???

• Praise 3

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/07/12/mazda-3-6-cx-5-recall-engine-stall/

Mazda is recalling 262,220 vehicles due to a software error that could cause the engine to unexpectedly stall out. The recall affects 2018-2019 CX-5 crossovers, 2018-2019 Mazda6 sedans and 2019 Mazda3 models.

According to NHTSA recall No. 19V497000, which was filed June 27, a programming issue in the powertrain control module (PCM) on select Mazda vehicles could cause the engine to shut down. More specifically, "the software controlling the hydraulic valve clearance adjuster may operate improperly when transitioning from cylinder deactivation to full cylinder activation modes." This could potentially cause the intake valve rocker arm to come out of position and hit something else in the engine. If this occurs, the engine could misfire, the engine could lose power, and the Malfunction Indicator Light would be triggered.

The recall affects 143,004 2018 CX-5s, 81,236 2019 CX-5s, 18,295 2018 Mazda6s, 2,551 2019 Mazda6s, and 17,134 Mazda3s. Some cars from those model years received the improved software at the factory and won't be affected by the recall.

Although the first report of a related issue was chronicled in January 31, 2018, no injuries tied to the problems have been reported. Mazda is expected to start its recall on or before August 26, 2019, and will reprogram the PCM with improved hydraulic valve adjustment control programming for free. Contact Mazda at 1-800-222-5500, reference No. 3719F, for more information.

Dunno whether ours affected as well???

Yea I saw this too, but sounds like the 2.5 models only coz of the cylinder deactivation. But then again, good to check back with your SE perhaps. Coz I already did, and going back for servicing this week too!

(edited)

The new mazda 3 also got affected?

From the notice, is related to cylinder deactivation

Our local Mazda 3 is 1.5 engine, doesn't have cylinder deactivation

Edited by Kinbalight
  • Praise 2

Got the mid trim, 1.5L.

2L out of Budget though.

The 1.5L is just a modern replacement engine for the NA 2.4L as found in the Malibu. Still uses the same 6AT. Similar performance figs also 

But its still way more powerful than Mazda 6 2L engine. 

• Praise 1

why ? would the screen drop on the floor and crack?

haha, no la, I didnt apply any too.

I saw ppl selling online, so just asking whether anyone here think it is necessary. :)

I left the original protector on

• Praise 1

Hi all, :)

Just bought my Mazda 6 one month back.

Am looking for soundproofing job.

Anyone tried CCS @ JB or Dats Auto @ SG?

Or any other recommended one?

Thanks!

• Praise 2

yea i agree! the civic was going for 93k, not a bad drive, but the specs were cui. to start off with, only 2 airbags?? i went on to test an altis, not bad, civic drives better than the altis. and there came mazda 6. i got a darn good steal. soul red executive test drive model for $101,888. without a doubt, the mazda was a clear winner.

Altis is selling at 97899 right? I wonder who will buy that Thailand car
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

Supersonic

Thats why how often you see the 97k altis registered as new plate on the road? Often now see most new plate on the road is avante.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

There will still be takers because of the belief in the brand and reliability (although there's cheaper options that surpass the reliability).

Just as there’s people who would pay $107,000 for a  made in-Hungary 1 litre, 3 cylinder Audi A3 which interior is no bigger than a Perodua Bezza.

Edited by Vinceng
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7