MAZDA 6

Voxy28

Once you test drive and get locked in with SE no. 1, and should you decide to sign on the dotted line with SE no. 2 instead, SE no. 2 will have to share commission with SE no. 1

So how good a deal can SE no. 2 give you?

In my case I don't believe that.  Maybe some magic happens in the backend, but as far as I can see, I had no issue with SE's complaining about helping me because I've test driven with another SE.  I also couldn't see a system to ensure that coordination between SE's, like a salesforce or dynamics.  You'd think after going to 4 SE's at TEK and 3 at KM, someone would complain. 

You could argue that I'm unethical by mixing between SE's, but it's my right as a consumer to find an SE that either gives me the best deal, or I personally like.  I'm not about to drop $100k+ on a car, with an SE I don't like or is not giving me the best deal, just because the system says so.

I think it's not so much about them not being able to offer a good deal, but that their hands are tied (have a limit to what they can offer) and the price of the cx5 doesn't match your budget.

If 3 SEs can give you different deals, that means 2 of them are not giving their best price, or that you heng heng manage to get a better deal from their manager.

I ended up spending $20k over my original budget on the CRV 7-seater, when the CX-5 premium was $120k (at the time).  So budget wasn't the problem.  The reason I mixed between a few was because the SE's weren't particularly good.  I seemed to know more about the car than they did, and they were slow to respond etc.  When I bought my CRV from KM, I went between 3 SE's.  Two SE's offered me the "standard" freebies, which may have saved me $1000.  The third SE's went above and beyond, pulled some strings and got me more freebies, identified further cash discount, open cat, and even escalated to get me special arrangements on insurance and finance.  Saved me a few thousands dollars.

For me it was worth mixing between a few SE's. 

Edited by GTO-1
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

In my case I don't believe that. Maybe some magic happens in the backend, but as far as I can see, I had no issue with SE's complaining about helping me because I've test driven with another SE. I also couldn't see a system to ensure that coordination between SE's, like a salesforce or dynamics. You'd think after going to 4 SE's at TEK and 3 at KM, someone would complain.

You could argue that I'm unethical by mixing between SE's, but it's my right as a consumer to find an SE that either gives me the best deal, or I personally like. I'm not about to drop $100k+ on a car, with an SE I don't like or is not giving me the best deal, just because the system says so.

I ended up spending $20k over my original budget on the CRV 7-seater, when the CX-5 premium was $120k (at the time). So budget wasn't the problem. The reason I mixed between a few was because the SE's weren't particularly good. I seemed to know more about the car than they did, and they were slow to respond etc. When I bought my CRV from KM, I went between 3 SE's. Two SE's offered me the "standard" freebies, which may have saved me $1000. The third SE's went above and beyond, pulled some strings and got me more freebies, identified further cash discount, open cat, and even escalated to get me special arrangements on insurance and finance. Saved me a few thousands dollars.

For me it was worth mixing between a few SE's.

Legit reason then. Cus in your previous post it was just mentioned they can't offer you a good enough deal =)

Usually SE will give you discount to match the price difference btw standard and executive. It will be stated as executive version when signing the dotted line.

This is just part of their game plan.There is no such thing as "complementary". All these so call "complementary or freebies" costs are built into the prices already and you are paying for them one way or other.

What's the latest 'promo' about? The get the coe you really want thingy? If anyone had any idea lol!

Same gimmick as what komoco was doing previously with their "bid your own coe" marketing.

That should be your rebate level and not the coe level they will bid for you.

Just look at lta website for a rough gauge of their profit margins and you will know how much is the buffer for coe.

This is just part of their game plan.There is no such thing as "complementary". All these so call "complementary or freebies" costs are built into the prices already and you are paying for them one way or other.

Yeah that's why I dont know whether to laugh or cry for some ppl who are so happy when they see the promo 10 years warranty/10 years servicing but dont realise how much more they are overpaying.

Latest offer info:

Mazda 6 Executive: $117888
Warranty 3 years/100000km
Free 1 year/20000km svg
Free in car camera 2 channel
Free solar film
Free brila body coating
Free dezire package

wanna double check for the desize membership?

if under the sales agreement nvr mention means gt 1k credit?

my bro bought his sales agreement gt mention 2k so by default he gt 2k.

FIL bought his mazda 6 but sales agreement nvr mention.

Edited by alex976

Latest offer info:

Mazda 6 Executive: $117888

Warranty 3 years/100000km

Free 1 year/20000km svg

Free in car camera 2 channel

Free solar film

Free brila body coating

Free dezire package

I think this is probably the list or published price. If you walk in to their showroom, the price should be much lower? I guess around 110,888 unless the price

really shoot up ridiculously....

wanna double check for the desize membership?

if under the sales agreement nvr mention means gt 1k credit?

my bro bought his sales agreement gt mention 2k so by default he gt 2k.

FIL bought his mazda 6 but sales agreement nvr mention.

If agreement did not mention, I doubt they will give any credits automatically. They are not known to be that generous when comes to giving freebies.

mine also 102888, exe version. coe is 52k

Coe 52k and you got the exe model at $102888? Wow now open coe $40k but they still quoting $110888 as promo for exe model.

Neutral Newbie

Coe 52k and you got the exe model at $102888? Wow now open coe $40k but they still quoting $110888 as promo for exe model.

i got my m6 late july when they hv free upgrade to exe version. not sure y my coe so high but i found it in my car log. open cat 52k, cat b 48k

fitst time buyer here, so coe price higher means better?

i got my m6 late july when they hv free upgrade to exe version. not sure y my coe so high but i found it in my car log. open cat 52k, cat b 48k

TEK must have some spare open cat COE available from previous round and you happen to be the lucky ones to get a high coe.

High coe means TEK profit margin low. Can say that you car paper value is high

Edited by alex976

Congrats. You have the highest paper value for the MZ6 in 2018 to 2019 thus far.  [thumbsup]

TEK must have some spare open cat COE available from previous round and you happen to be the lucky ones to get a high coe.

The $52K CAT E COE was from Apr 2nd bidding (highest in past 18 months). Going to expire by end Jul, so Jiangkimi got lucky TEK decided to give it him. 

Edited by Prataboy

Neutral Newbie

Congrats. You have the highest paper value for the MZ6 in 2018 to 2019 thus far. [thumbsup]

paper value is still paper only, if sell in future, can ask for more?
  • Praise 1

That's the best deal in recent rounds!!

They must have given you the Open cat from April 19 biddings.

Very lucky of you indeed.

• Praise 1

Of course. Your base value is already higher than the rest. 

• Praise 1

When you intends to sell or trade in this car, usually the dealers will offer you the paper value at the point of time + $X amount.

$X amount, depends on the year of registration and make of the car, offered are usually pretty much the same across all dealers.

If one dealer offer you $15k above the paper value, the rest of the offers will be in the ballpark of +/-2k max.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1