MAZDA 6

Voxy28

Btw guys the turanza t005a that comes with out M6 has a different thread pattern. My tire thread attached is very much different from the pics in the internet. The middle block has no through channels.

You can compare the link to mine below.

Am just surprised that same model can have two very different design and therefore outcome.  FYI, my tyres are just 1453km old. Just completed 1st servicing. 

https://paultan.org/2018/06/01/bridgestone-turanza-t005a-touring-tyre-launched-comfort-above-all-but-with-performance-in-reserve/

20190901_153544.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Hi,

The in car camera that came with the car is very ugly. I would like to change out the camera but I noticed that its sticked onto the solar film. If  we pull out the camera, will it damage the solar film? Anyone tried that before and can share their experiences?

10 hours ago, Skywire01 said:

Hi,

The in car camera that came with the car is very ugly. I would like to change out the camera but I noticed that its sticked onto the solar film. If  we pull out the camera, will it damage the solar film? Anyone tried that before and can share their experiences?

I requested to relocate the camera, agent did shift the camera to the left, no damage to solar film. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
22 hours ago, Skywire01 said:

Hi,

Day 1 after car collection, went down to switch out the Blaupunkt dashcam to another brand. No issues with solar film. Probably no damage because it was installed only for a few days at most.

22 hours ago, Skywire01 said:

Hi,

Think it's v difficult to damage the solar film....lol!

Some years back, I tried peeling off the solar film from my windows, I tell you, they're v v tough!

1 hour ago, LinusLoh_1967 said:

Think it's v difficult to damage the solar film....lol!

Some years back, I tried peeling off the solar film from my windows, I tell you, they're v v tough!

Thank you all for the advices. I'm going to install back my thinkware F750. Though that's an model but its still much better than the original one!!!

Fellow Bros and sisters,

Need your advice. 

I have downloaded the car videos using the  blaupunkt app. When I opened the video, it prompted whether to view front or rear camera video. All these are ok.

Now I want to send the rear camera video clip to the Service advisor via Whatapps due to some issues.  I went to the blaupunkt file folder but it only played the front camera video clip. Anyone can help to advise how to extract the rear video clip to send out?

Really appreciate on your guidance. 

7 hours ago, Btabc said:

Hello all I’m new here. Can I check if there’s a telegram group I can join for Mazda 6? Thanks!! 

Got a big WhatsApps Group with over 250 Members...can tahan 500 Messages a day.?PM me..

• Praise 1

On 9/3/2019 at 12:38 PM, Skywire01 said:

Hi,

Hi Sky,

Easy peasy with the right tool .. 3M adhesive remover.

Ya .. stock one is dumb .. clearing old stock from pre FL version without road safety camera that allows it to be fitted higher. For FL version, it will be lower and blocks view .. I changed to thinkware F770.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 1

Hi,

Was cleaning my engine bay earlier and noticed that there’s some black build up next to the engine - wondering if anyone else noticed the same? Is it just grime or possibly a leakage? 

7B5BF897-6295-4A8E-A81E-85C260433E94.jpeg

2 hours ago, Huarache said:

Hi,

Was cleaning my engine bay earlier and noticed that there’s some black build up next to the engine - wondering if anyone else noticed the same? Is it just grime or possibly a leakage? 

7B5BF897-6295-4A8E-A81E-85C260433E94.jpeg

Nothing wrong.

Hi Bros,

Shared by bro Clement on current mazda 6 FL variant.

Cheers.

Richard

Mazda refreshes 2018 Mazda6 with thicker mild steel, revamped chassis; higher-strength steel BIW elements unchanged
By John Huetter on January 10, 2018
Repair Operations |
Mazda announced late last year that the refreshed 2018 Mazda6 would receive body reinforcements and chassis changes meant to provide a quieter ride and greater capabilities.
Mazda spokesman Jacob Brown on Monday said the changes to the body involved thickening mild steel elements and didn’t include increasing the tensile strength of the higher-strength steel parts.
The OEM thickened the mild-steel cowl crossmember from 1.2 mm to 1.8 mm, the Mazda6 front floor panel increased from 0.6 mm to 1.0 mm, and the rear wheel housings’ inner walls doubled from 0.7 mm to 1.4 mm, according to Brown.
Mazda also retooled the chassis and suspension, which could affect certain collision repairs.
In this latest round of thoughtful improvements, engineers have revisited every aspect of Mazda6’s chassis, with its suspension offering a smoother, more linear ride quality and greater NVH refinement similar to the ultra-quiet CX-9. Its steering rack is now rigid-mounted to the chassis, offering greater steering response and feel, and its SKYACTIV-CHASSIS has been stiffened in complement with the revised suspension to offer both a smoother ride and to improve outright dynamic performance.
Enabling this more comfortable ride without compromising the Mazda6’s handling, the suspension geometry has been revised, with roll-steer changes that promote more neutral handling.
Additionally, body reinforcements, thicker sheet metal in the rear wheel-wells, reinforced chassis bracing and even thicker suspension trailing link mounts help improve interior conversation sound quality, putting Mazda6 into rarified air when it comes to quietness, refinement and capabilities.
Spokesman Jacob Brown was also nice enough to provide a look at the unchanged higher-strength steel elements on the 2018 model year and all 6s dating back to the generation’s Job One, part of the 2014 model year. This might be of interest to shops and techs who don’t see many Mazdas; the Mazda6 itself sold 33,402 units last year.
Anything in dark blue is ultra-high-strength steel of either 780 megapascals, 980 MPa or a whopping 1,800 MPa. The blue locations are 590 MPa, and the light blue components are either 390 MPa or 440 MPa.

IMG-20190911-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20190911-WA0004.jpg

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

HI, any of mazda 6 owners experience vibration of your car for a few seconds due to rpm going lower than 700rpm? Happens to me when stationary or in low speed reversing. Its not air con compressor kicking in that causes this as the vibration also takes place even when air con is off. The vibration is due to low rpm causing rough idle which will cause the car to rattle for a few seconds. It will stop rattling after the rpm increases again.

Car is 6 months old so I reckon its not the air filter, maf sensor dirty, carbon in throttle body or engine mounting problems.

Went to mazda they said its low rpm problem due to emission standards, I am not convinced. 

Any one has this problem?

5 hours ago, Noopie said:

HI, any of mazda 6 owners experience vibration of your car for a few seconds due to rpm going lower than 700rpm? Happens to me when stationary or in low speed reversing. Its not air con compressor kicking in that causes this as the vibration also takes place even when air con is off. The vibration is due to low rpm causing rough idle which will cause the car to rattle for a few seconds. It will stop rattling after the rpm increases again.

Car is 6 months old so I reckon its not the air filter, maf sensor dirty, carbon in throttle body or engine mounting problems.

Went to mazda they said its low rpm problem due to emission standards, I am not convinced. 

Any one has this problem?

Yup I had similar issue as you a few months back... mine is a 2016 mz6. Posted in this forum as well.. vibration at low rpm.. esp when coming to a full stop, as if the engine is going to stall.. Brought it to lengkee, have them checked it.. they replaced engine mount, 2 of them.. cannot remember which ones... after tt vibration stopped.

Edited by Raynergoh
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Noopie said:

Thanks I will ask them to check at leng kee. Coz I went to penjuru they ruled out engine mounting coz they say car new.

Penjuru one.. I feel the service not up to standard.. not sure who was your SA... the last time round I went to Penjuru for servicing.. the SA kenna left right from me.. will not divulge too much here.. but their management has still not called me after I left a negative feedback last week... perhaps Mazda selling like hot cakes.. they can’t be bothered.. lengkee side I feel although very much smaller, but the SAs there are more professional.. just my two cents worth from my experience.. yours may be different 

↡ Advertisement