MAZDA 6

Voxy28

Neutral Newbie

Thank you for sharing your experience. Shall go to lengkee. Just want to solve the problem. After service is really a problem if they keep pushing the problem or need the customer to hammer them b4 they do anything. Tiring. 

↡ Advertisement

10 hours ago, Noopie said:

Thanks I will ask them to check at leng kee. Coz I went to penjuru they ruled out engine mounting coz they say car new.

It is not engine mount problem if the car is below three years old. The low idling speed is a well reported problem of Mazda. They are basically trying to save fuel but with low rpm. The solution seems simple to me but I might be wrong, just need to increase the idling rpm but somehow TEK is not doing that, maybe because they are not allowed to reprogram the ECU by Mazda. Also Mazda engine has very high compression ratio which also puts more stress on the engine. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compression_ratio

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/cars-cars-204/mazda-drivers-come-here-5289272-383.html

Mazda 3 1.5A Deluxe

Hi all,

After a total of 4 failed attempts at Trans Eurokars Leng Kee and Ubi to fix the low RPM vibration/rough idling (shaking and bouncing sensation) in my Mazda 3, today TEK Ubi finally told me "this is a normal operating characteristic of the vehicle" there is nothing wrong with it and I should accept that it cannot be fixed. In other words, this car was purposely built with Parkinson's disease. This is my second Mazda car. The car is 2.5 yrs old, 60k on mileage. This issue started only a few months back. Luckily I have 5 yrs "free" servicing and 5 yrs warranty. So my trips to the service centre didn't cost anything other than a lot of time being wasted for nothing.

This is what they have done so far:
1st time - Leng Kee: Programmed PCM (that helped cut down the vibration by about 25%)
2nd time - Leng Kee: Replaced engine mount 3 & 4 (that helped about 5%)
3rd time - Ubi: Replaced spark plugs and cleaned throttle body (didn't help at all)
4th time - Ubi: Gave me a bottle of deposit cleaner and said it may or may not help (I haven't used it yet)

I guess I have two options left; (1) Sell the car (2) Live with this annoyance and regret buying it.

Any other solutions/suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi, TEK should have some software updates by now to resolve the low idling speed issue.

If not, go to Monster Garage and ask for the boss Mike to help. Pay a small fee.

• Praise 2

Hi,

I am hearing  this "tok" sound near the right suspension area when I turn right over humps or slopes.  The funny thing  is this sound only come out after I park my car  for at least 2 hours. Subsequently the same "tok" sound will only surface again after I park/rest my car for at least 2 hours.

Meaning I will only hear the " tok" sound during first time I go over the hump and If i make a  round turn over the same hump again, the  sound will not come out  until I rest my car.

Not sure if I have explained properly but anyone encounter the same issue?

36 minutes ago, Skywire01 said:

Hi,

I am hearing  this "tok" sound near the right suspension area when I turn right over humps or slopes.  The funny thing  is this sound only come out after I park my car  for at least 2 hours. Subsequently the same "tok" sound will only surface again after I park/rest my car for at least 2 hours.

Meaning I will only hear the " tok" sound during first time I go over the hump and If i make a  round turn over the same hump again, the  sound will not come out  until I rest my car.

I am having the exact same issue since day 1. Your write-up is spot on.

I also don't know how to report to TEK, hence have been putting up with this annoyance. 

1 hour ago, cl7rblue said:

I am having the exact same issue since day 1. Your write-up is spot on.

I also don't know how to report to TEK, hence have been putting up with this annoyance. 

My ride is just 2 months old. How old is your car? We shouldn't need to put with this at all. Now that we know that we are not alone, we should throw the problem back to TEK.

Which location did you go for your servicing and when is your next service appointment? Mine is at Tanjong Penjuru. 

I also dont think we are the isolated cases. Hence if any brothers/sisters had the same problem and managed to diagnose and solve the problem, please let us know.

Hi,

I was driving on some bumpy small roads when my dash showed 'BSM Malfunction'.  I stopped later, switched off the engine and restarted and the error message did not appear again anymore. Did anybody encountered such a thing? 

Also, 1 more thing, when I play music with a stronger bass a bit more louder, it seems somewhere at the driver's door panel is rattling (like some screw or part is loose like that). The door hasn't been fiddled with or banged before. Again, did anybody encountered such a thing? 

Thanks in advance for your inputs

11 hours ago, Cheong72 said:

Hi,

I was driving on some bumpy small roads when my dash showed 'BSM Malfunction'.  I stopped later, switched off the engine and restarted and the error message did not appear again anymore. Did anybody encountered such a thing? 

Also, 1 more thing, when I play music with a stronger bass a bit more louder, it seems somewhere at the driver's door panel is rattling (like some screw or part is loose like that). The door hasn't been fiddled with or banged before. Again, did anybody encountered such a thing? 

Thanks in advance for your inputs

Is your car very dirty.?Dirt covering the BSM sensors can cause Error.

Hi all,

i have the same f***ing problem with my mazda 6, 9 months old ... vibrate at when come to a stop ... rpm will drop to 500 ... and the whole car just vibrate n shiver ... happened at the 3rd month when i collected it ... when numerous time to leng kee, they keep telling me its software problem cannot be help ... damn frustrating! Dunno heng or suay ... so many problem with this car, “tok “ sound also have during every morning first turn from multi storey car park ... driver door open and close also got tok tok sound ... 

last week book a servicing service at ubi side ... milage at 19850km, they kept the car there for 2 days say wanna check ... fine then, i then collect my car from the security counter ( saturday afternoon ) ... no job chip was issued to me, no body called me and tell me what was done. Then come tuesday i realise the tok tok sound still can be heard on driver’s door, then also realise the service sticker pasted at the windscreen not change ... i then called in and ask, guess what ... they say my car not serviced becoz i never tell them i want to service !! SA say if u go to a restaurant u need to tell them what u want to eat right ? Damn pcs of shit, then i come restaurant and see plate ? At 19850km, warning msg already showing, must i even tell u ? Then i call tek and book for spa is it ? Really pissed, anyway tomorrow 20th sept gg in for the servicing again and they try to fix all my problem one shot . Lets see what happens.   

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:06 PM, Skywire01 said:

Hi,

Hi,

Me too, having same "Tok" sound problems when turning right down the slope or over hump when the car is parked for several hours. My ride is about 13 months old.

Have feedback during my 1year-20K km service and was told my the tester at ubi that this is "operational noise" and was told to monitor and to report back again when the noise is louder or it is getting worst. My free service for 1 year has ended and i will feedback again the noise in 6 months time, i am not sure if they will say that it is wear and tear and need some replacement cos this time, it is not FOC.

someone previously already reported the vibration at idling issue due to low rpm which is controlled by the ecu. unless tek has a way to reprogram the ecu, its pointless going back to them and better off going to a ws to do the reprogramming. 

had the same issue on my other jap car and the rpm will drop 600+ on idle at traffic light causing the car to be a vibrator. lived with it for 30000+km and finally traded it off. 

a few of my friends drive the mazda 6 2.0 and 2.5 and i can feel the vibration as well but havent heard them complaining yet though. they probably felt its a default feature or not too bothered by it. 

Edited by ferrytales

13 hours ago, Zensproperty said:

Hi all,

i have the same f***ing problem with my mazda 6, 9 months old ... vibrate at when come to a stop ... rpm will drop to 500 ... and the whole car just vibrate n shiver ... happened at the 3rd month when i collected it ... when numerous time to leng kee, they keep telling me its software problem cannot be help ... damn frustrating! Dunno heng or suay ... so many problem with this car, “tok “ sound also have during every morning first turn from multi storey car park ... driver door open and close also got tok tok sound ... 

last week book a servicing service at ubi side ... milage at 19850km, they kept the car there for 2 days say wanna check ... fine then, i then collect my car from the security counter ( saturday afternoon ) ... no job chip was issued to me, no body called me and tell me what was done. Then come tuesday i realise the tok tok sound still can be heard on driver’s door, then also realise the service sticker pasted at the windscreen not change ... i then called in and ask, guess what ... they say my car not serviced becoz i never tell them i want to service !! SA say if u go to a restaurant u need to tell them what u want to eat right ? Damn pcs of shit, then i come restaurant and see plate ? At 19850km, warning msg already showing, must i even tell u ? Then i call tek and book for spa is it ? Really pissed, anyway tomorrow 20th sept gg in for the servicing again and they try to fix all my problem one shot . Lets see what happens.   

Dun have your hopes too high.

13 hours ago, Zensproperty said:

Hi all,

Thanks for all the replies. It's pretty obvious now that this "tok" sound is a common problem on our M6. 

I will be PM some of you to gather your information so that i can escalate this common problem  if my SE did not take this seriously! 

4 hours ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

Dun have your hopes too high.

18 hours ago, Zensproperty said:

Hi all,

Hi, 

Was your appointment today or 20th Sept?

If today, did they mange to solve all your problems or most of it? 

Sorry ... it was today ... things turn out pretty well today ... they said they re programme my e c u ... surprisingly the vibration stops ... but the s a ask me to monitor it for another 2-3 weeks ... for the door tok tok sound they will order the parts and change “hinges” but will takes about 4 weeks to arrive ... tok sound for turning they said they’ll feed back to japan on this coz actually they have quite a number of complain ... and ask me to hold on ... and the sa offered to pay for my cab or grab fare for the entire day today ... they even send the car to my preferred location ... this part i admit they did well to cool me down ... hopefully the vibration don’t come back ... 

• Praise 2

4 hours ago, kevinpolk said:

Hi, I'm to this forum.

I want to verify the news with you guys.
What engine will new Mazda6 use? Skyactiv-X or D?

I just found an article on Google that next-gen will use Skyactiv-D?

Source:

https://www.mazdausa.com/mazda6-signature-skyactivd

https://www.carlitus.net/2020-mazda-6/

SkyActiv-D is Diesel Engine....already many Years in Service.

↡ Advertisement