MAZDA 6

Voxy28

11 hours ago, Zensproperty said:

Sorry ... it was today ... things turn out pretty well today ... they said they re programme my e c u ... surprisingly the vibration stops ... but the s a ask me to monitor it for another 2-3 weeks ... for the door tok tok sound they will order the parts and change “hinges” but will takes about 4 weeks to arrive ... tok sound for turning they said they’ll feed back to japan on this coz actually they have quite a number of complain ... and ask me to hold on ... and the sa offered to pay for my cab or grab fare for the entire day today ... they even send the car to my preferred location ... this part i admit they did well to cool me down ... hopefully the vibration don’t come back ... 

Did you ask why a made in Japan car has so much issues?

↡ Advertisement

After much consideration between Mazda 6 and Mazda 3, decided to go with Mazda 6 and signed on the line 2 weeks ago. 

Collecting my new ride tomorrow. 

Not sure if anyone has the feel of buyer remorse before?

On one hand excited to own my first car in Singapore and on the other hand thinking the downpayment money if sit in my bank account feel more shiok. 

Lol. Oh well. Going to enjoy the new Mazda ride. 

• Praise 1

16 hours ago, Evoz08 said:

After much consideration between Mazda 6 and Mazda 3, decided to go with Mazda 6 and signed on the line 2 weeks ago. 

On one hand excited to own my first car in Singapore and on the other hand thinking the downpayment money if sit in my bank account feel more shiok. 

New car smell also shiok, while it lasts :)

What's the nett price for Mz6 now?

Just enjoy your new car, no need to think so much on the downpayment money you have spent.

• Praise 1

How much is the car?

Neutral Newbie
On 9/18/2019 at 12:33 AM, Zensproperty said:

Sorry ... it was today ... things turn out pretty well today ... they said they re programme my e c u ... surprisingly the vibration stops ... but the s a ask me to monitor it for another 2-3 weeks ... for the door tok tok sound they will order the parts and change “hinges” but will takes about 4 weeks to arrive ... tok sound for turning they said they’ll feed back to japan on this coz actually they have quite a number of complain ... and ask me to hold on ... and the sa offered to pay for my cab or grab fare for the entire day today ... they even send the car to my preferred location ... this part i admit they did well to cool me down ... hopefully the vibration don’t come back ... 

Hi,  any updates on the vibration  when idle after the ECU re program? Really keen to know:) doing well so far?

8 hours ago, cl7rblue said:

New car smell also shiok, while it lasts 🙂

What's the nett price for Mz6 now?

A month ago, executive nett ranged from 107888-112888 depending on colour, immediate reg etc

From the current thread, current FL lowest around 102-103 depending on conditions

• Praise 4

Hey bros and sis of the grp .. 

seriously after they refresh the ecu ... car really never vibrate or shiver so far ... anyone have this prob tell them to do this way ... but she say monitor for 2-3 weeks ... so far been 4 days alr ... clock almost 500km no problem ...

Dear bros,

Finally after 5 weeks, I connected up my android phone to the car and tried out android auto.

Would like to seek help and advise on

1. My touch screen dun work in android auto even though car is not moving and in park as well as hand brake on. Only the control wheel. This make the android really a handicap.

Is there a setting or pairing step that I missed?

2. Upon connection, a drop down notification saying an update is available. But there is no action when I touch the screen.

Neutral Newbie
7 hours ago, Zensproperty said:

Hey bros and sis of the grp .. 

seriously after they refresh the ecu ... car really never vibrate or shiver so far ... anyone have this prob tell them to do this way ... but she say monitor for 2-3 weeks ... so far been 4 days alr ... clock almost 500km no problem ...

Thanks! There is hope 🙂

10 hours ago, Lhk657 said:

Dear bros,

Finally after 5 weeks, I connected up my android phone to the car and tried out android auto.

Would like to seek help and advise on

1. My touch screen dun work in android auto even though car is not moving and in park as well as hand brake on. Only the control wheel. This make the android really a handicap.

Is there a setting or pairing step that I missed?

2. Upon connection, a drop down notification saying an update is available. But there is no action when I touch the screen.

1. For touchscreen, sadly Android Auto does not support touch functionality as they deem it a safety concern.

2. I don't see any update notification on mine. You mean it shows on the phone or the infotainment screen? I'd recommend to update your apps to see if this will go away.

10 hours ago, Conan86 said:

1. For touchscreen, sadly Android Auto does not support touch functionality as they deem it a safety concern.

2. I don't see any update notification on mine. You mean it shows on the phone or the infotainment screen? I'd recommend to update your apps to see if this will go away.

Thanks for the info. At least now i know my hu is not malfunctioning.

This being the case, i would say that it is over hype and not worth the $400 price tag for those without it. 

14 hours ago, Lhk657 said:

Thanks for the info. At least now i know my hu is not malfunctioning.

This being the case, i would say that it is over hype and not worth the $400 price tag for those without it. 

Yea I have to agree that android auto without touch is very unintuitive, this is across the board and not limited to Mazda HU though.

I’ll only recommend the CarPlay/AA update to people who drives a lot and relies on the infotainment for navigation without using a phone mount. (Actually I feel that navigation with phone mount is still the best as we can adjust our routing options and pick alternative easier with the touch screen). Otherwise not worth it if it’s just for daily A-B driving 

10 hours ago, Conan86 said:

Yea I have to agree that android auto without touch is very unintuitive, this is across the board and not limited to Mazda HU though.

I’ll only recommend the CarPlay/AA update to people who drives a lot and relies on the infotainment for navigation without using a phone mount. (Actually I feel that navigation with phone mount is still the best as we can adjust our routing options and pick alternative easier with the touch screen). Otherwise not worth it if it’s just for daily A-B driving 

The new Android Auto interface is exclusively touch focused.  So it's disappointing that Mazda don't allow touch for AA. 

Of all the mainstream Asian car manufacturers, Honda seems to have the best implementation of AA and Carplay. While the HU is pretty slow and pretty antiquated on the CRV and Civic (it's based on Android 4.x), it's fully touch compatible with AA/Carplay. But more impressively AA/Carplay turn-by-turn directions and media capabilites are fully integrated into the driver dash panel.  The only thing I would like is a HUD like the Mazda's, but I much prefer working AA. 

I've completely retired my phone mount and glad I have. 

• Praise 1

I stand corrected, AA works with touchscreen with some HU, a pity it’s not the case with Mazda. I do think that I’ll very much prefer AA over CarPlay if touch is enabled as AA allows a lot more customization and flexibility.

On 9/19/2019 at 8:13 PM, Evoz08 said:

Hi Evoz,

Congras ... different class of ride and cannot be worse than mazda 3.

Cheers.

Richard

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1