MAZDA 6

Voxy28

On 9/22/2019 at 10:51 PM, GTO-1 said:

The new Android Auto interface is exclusively touch focused.  So it's disappointing that Mazda don't allow touch for AA. 

Of all the mainstream Asian car manufacturers, Honda seems to have the best implementation of AA and Carplay. While the HU is pretty slow and pretty antiquated on the CRV and Civic (it's based on Android 4.x), it's fully touch compatible with AA/Carplay. But more impressively AA/Carplay turn-by-turn directions and media capabilites are fully integrated into the driver dash panel.  The only thing I would like is a HUD like the Mazda's, but I much prefer working AA. 

I've completely retired my phone mount and glad I have. 

Hi GTO,

For me, AA is worthwhile upgrade for crystal clear internet FM and other hires radio stations even on stock bose system in addition to googlemap nav.

No touch on over-riding safety consideration for me is also ok.

Cheers.

Richard

↡ Advertisement

6 hours ago, richard_crl032 said:

Hi GTO,

For me, AA is worthwhile upgrade for crystal clear internet FM and other hires radio stations even on stock bose system in addition to googlemap nav.

No touch on over-riding safety consideration for me is also ok.

Cheers.

Richard

I think it's up to the user, but I can say that the new AA interface is definitely designed for touch in mind. It's basically the phone interface. I'm sure you can navigate with a dial, but it was designed around the dial.

I'd my understanding is correct, Carplay in Mazdas does work with touch, but only if the car is in park. So they definitely can implement it for AA, they just haven't. 

• Praise 1

Hi guys I've just been to the mazda carnival over the weekend and was quoted 112888 for the mazda6 executive with the usual freebies like dash cam, desire membership etc. 

However as I look thru this thread, I find some of you are saying you bought it around 100k? What is going on here? Note also I'm not trading in my car and I'm not taking a loan from them 

Edited by Gabby1234

9 hours ago, Gabby1234 said:

Hi guys I've just been to the mazda carnival over the weekend and was quoted 112888 for the mazda6 executive with the usual freebies like dash cam, desire membership etc. 

However as I look thru this thread, I find some of you are saying you bought it around 100k? What is going on here? Note also I'm not trading in my car and I'm not taking a loan from them 

They've been threatening to increase the price of the Mazda6 artificially to clearly differentiate it against the Mazda3. Previously the Mazda3 was basically priced the same as the Mazda6. Maybe that is what has taken effect. 

10 hours ago, Gabby1234 said:

Mazda marketing strategy is always about adjusting the minor free gifts and privileges you get associated with the pricing. Meaning no point comparing the price even if both are getting the same model same trim.

From my mazda 3 experience with TEK, they usually moderate the sales to even out their inventory movement. Meaning not to keep too many of one model while another runs out very fast. So to do that, they adjust the pricing, play with the number of years of warranty, play with the amount of free servicing you get etc..

It is also possible that they are trying to give you the false impression of making distinct price difference between models, but if u take into account of the added packages such as servicing and warranty, then likely even out to be the same.

My advice is when u shop for mazda, ask for fine information not stated on paper, and not merely wholesale believe the price they quote you. Cos when u sign that time, you'll realise alot of withheld information not given to you..

12 hours ago, Gabby1234 said:

My FIL bought his for 102,888 (3 years warranty & 1 year free svc)

Got top up for open CAt COE.

I rmb dun take loan top up 1.5k and dun take their in-house insurance top up another 1.5k. 

Thanks for the replies. Does that mean I should push the SE  for the better deal?

Anyway, Car@Expo is around the corner, would it be wiser to wait and see then.

35 minutes ago, alex976 said:

I rmb dun take loan top up 1.5k and dun take their in-house insurance top up another 1.5k. 

This was when?

On 9/12/2019 at 4:19 PM, Noopie said:

HI, any of mazda 6 owners experience vibration of your car for a few seconds due to rpm going lower than 700rpm? Happens to me when stationary or in low speed reversing. Its not air con compressor kicking in that causes this as the vibration also takes place even when air con is off. The vibration is due to low rpm causing rough idle which will cause the car to rattle for a few seconds. It will stop rattling after the rpm increases again.

Car is 6 months old so I reckon its not the air filter, maf sensor dirty, carbon in throttle body or engine mounting problems.

Went to mazda they said its low rpm problem due to emission standards, I am not convinced. 

Any one has this problem?

This happens to mine once in awhile when reversing and the rpm is likely just above 500. My car is 2 mths old.

On 9/22/2019 at 12:23 PM, Conan86 said:

Yea I have to agree that android auto without touch is very unintuitive, this is across the board and not limited to Mazda HU though.

I’ll only recommend the CarPlay/AA update to people who drives a lot and relies on the infotainment for navigation without using a phone mount. (Actually I feel that navigation with phone mount is still the best as we can adjust our routing options and pick alternative easier with the touch screen). Otherwise not worth it if it’s just for daily A-B driving 

Um. Not true.  The whole point of Android Auto is a simpified UI on a bigger touch screen on your UI.  Don't know why it doesn't work on your Mazda HU, but works perfectly on Android Auto compatible HU like Pioneer HU.  I've been using the Pioneer 8850BT for 3 years, no issue.  The newer ones apparently let you connect wirelessly, without a cable.

Edited by Nostalgia

The tok sound also happen to me almost every morning but it is a very faint sound.

It happened to my previous ride long time ago after i changed to lowering springs and drove for 5 years, so i am not that concern about it unless it will cause premature wear on the bushings or any other part of the suspension. But i will just feedback this to the mechanic to check and to put as a record in case anything happen and they put the blame on me. 

5 hours ago, alex976 said:

July

11 hours ago, Nostalgia said:

Um. Not true.  The whole point of Android Auto is a simpified UI on a bigger touch screen on your UI.  Don't know why it doesn't work on your Mazda HU, but works perfectly on Android Auto compatible HU like Pioneer HU.  I've been using the Pioneer 8850BT for 3 years, no issue.  The newer ones apparently let you connect wirelessly, without a cable.

It's more to do with Mazda's half-baked implementation of AA on their cars.  Touch just doesn't work, you have to use the dial. 

We knows it's half baked because carplay has touch support while the car is parked. 

13 hours ago, GTO-1 said:

It's more to do with Mazda's half-baked implementation of AA on their cars.  Touch just doesn't work, you have to use the dial. 

We knows it's half baked because carplay has touch support while the car is parked. 

Yeah I know.  I was replying to a post that said AA has no touch across the board, and it's not limited to Mazda HU.

I just bought a new Mazda 6 and I am also facing a loud knocking noise after i parked the car for quite sometime. Also the vibration issue. Really regret.

On 9/24/2019 at 9:00 PM, Gabby1234 said:

Hi Gabby,

Believe it was 104k for executive when first launched and coupled with drop in the then COE price  ... standard version was indeed <100k.

Mine was 109k back in Aug 2018 without considering the 1k service voucher and 500 good-will-rebate that my salesperson applied for his customers.

With falling COE price, 113k is indeed a surprise albeit good old for owners.

Cheers,

Richard

↡ Advertisement