MAZDA 6

Voxy28

Highly unlikely. This brake phenomena normally occurs only once the very instant handbrake released and car start moving. Also normally after parking following a car wash or rain etc.

↡ Advertisement

On the "tok" sound,i once parked my car overnight without activating the handbrake but the sound was there when i went down the MSCP slope the next morning...

Edited by Skywire01

Hi M6 owner,

anyone know what is the current actual price for m6 ? Saw someone posted that they bought 100k plus , but TEK list it 130k.

also there are many 2017 and 18 M6 for sales in Sgcarmart. Any idea why? M6 have hatch issues?

Thanks in advance 

looking to buy M6 too

1 hour ago, Greenchilli said:

Anybody done 60K servicing in JB?

Major part to change is fuel filter. TEK charging an arm and a leg for this.

The 60k servicing costs about $1.1k. Besides the oil change, they will also be changing all the filters (oil, air, cabin, fuel). I also heard from the Service Advisor that they will also change the fuel pump at the same time? Can anyone verify this? Honestly , I don't see the need to change the fuel pump if its not spoilt.

Edited by Cheong72

1 hour ago, Cheong72 said:

The 60k servicing costs about $1.1k. Besides the oil change, they will also be changing all the filters (oil, air, cabin, fuel). I also heard from the Service Advisor that they will also change the fuel pump at the same time? Can anyone verify this? Honestly , I don't see the need to change the fuel pump if its not spoilt.

This is exorbitant - Jap car but at continental car servicing cost

Dear all who gotten the M6 lately with apple carplay/android auto, are we suppose to get a "genuine usb cable set"?

I was reading one of the manuals provided and it seems that a cable set is provided. 

2 hours ago, Vinceng said:

This is exorbitant - Jap car but at continental car servicing cost

This is the scope of work for 60K costing $1044 (before GST). Replace: Engine oil, oil filter and fuel filter. Plus the usual checkings.

Engine oil and oil filter are cheap. I can't imagine fuel filter to cost too much.

Really need advise of folks who has done fuel filter replacement outside (preferably JB). Anybody?

Let me ask my friend what is his best price to do this major servicing with original mazda parts.

Additionally, i know someone from mazda who service cars for "friends". I can also ask him for comparison.

But first can someone let post the job list so as to compare apple to apple.

For Service

10 hours ago, Greenchilli said:

This is the scope of work for 60K costing $1044 (before GST). Replace: Engine oil, oil filter and fuel filter. Plus the usual checkings.

Engine oil and oil filter are cheap. I can't imagine fuel filter to cost too much.

Really need advise of folks who has done fuel filter replacement outside (preferably JB). Anybody?

The fuel filter and installation cost is an absolute rip off. You can buy the original fuel filter from stockist Min Ghee Auto and send your Mazda 6 to external workshops for the oil change and to replace the fuel filter for you. Will cost less than 1/4 of what Trans Eurokars changes.

• Praise 1

39 minutes ago, Jamesgetz said:

Why does the fuel filter needs to be changed at 60k km mileage?  Seems to be a bit too early...

Authorised Distributors always shave this bad habit of bringing forward the change of parts, giving the excuse that it is at “Manufacturer’s recommendation”. Just like Cycle & Carriage’s 5,000km tyre rotation interval. Industry standard is 10,000km intervals.   I think the thread on the wheel nut will wear out prematurely with such frequent tyre rotation.

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

Authorised Distributors always shave this bad habit of bringing forward the change of parts, giving the excuse that it is at “Manufacturer’s recommendation”. Just like Cycle & Carriage’s 5,000km tyre rotation interval. Industry standard is 10,000km intervals.   I think the thread on the wheel nut will wear out prematurely with such frequent tyre rotation.

AD use this method to make more money.  If never service with them, they can also give excuses to void warranty .

And the price we all know is a rip off.  But what to do if you want their warranty?

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Jamesgetz said:

Why does the fuel filter needs to be changed at 60k km mileage?  Seems to be a bit too early...

This is how they earn. If you go to an external workshop, they would just ask you “ai change mai “.

1 hour ago, Vinceng said:

For Service

The fuel filter and installation cost is an absolute rip off. You can buy the original fuel filter from stockist Min Ghee Auto and send your Mazda 6 to external workshops for the oil change and to replace the fuel filter for you. Will cost less than 1/4 of what Trans Eurokars changes.

Repeating my question again... I need recommendation of external workshops (preferably in JB) that can do the fuel filter replacement labour. I will buy the fuel filter from stockist.

10 hours ago, Lhk657 said:

Let me ask my friend what is his best price to do this major servicing with original mazda parts.

Additionally, i know someone from mazda who service cars for "friends". I can also ask him for comparison.

But first can someone let post the job list so as to compare apple to apple.

Thanks, please help to check. Not sure what you meant by "job list". The scope of AD 60K servicing = replace EO, replace oil filter, REPLACE FUEL FILTER, and the usual (generic) checks.

15 minutes ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

AD use this method to make more money.  If never service with them, they can also give excuses to void warranty .

And the price we all know is a rip off.  But what to do if you want their warranty?

This is why I keep saying the so called warranty is nonsense. $1100 for 60000km svcs ?! 😮

Just buy your favorite and correct spec engine oil from stockist outside, the parts and then go JB for svcs. Come on as if Mazda has no presence in Malaysia?

There is NO NEED to replace fuel filter for SG market. Our gasoline is more than adequately clean and it is highly unlikely there will be any dirt that will jam up the filter at 60000km. And please, fuel filter doesn't cost much, less than $100 from stockist or taobao if u want to save  even more money

Be a smart and savvy car owner, not some one who loved getting their carrots chopped to pieces in the name of so called warranty. in SG, most ADs are the last place one would consider for quick, efficient and affordable svcs. 

Mazda offers 3 yrs warranty. . But for those AD who offer 5 yrs unlimited mileage warranty, please check EXACTLY what is covered afterall? Chances are its just the engine block after the 3rd year. How often do u blow up the whole engine block ?

↡ Advertisement