MAZDA 6

Voxy28

21 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

This is why I keep saying the so called warranty is nonsense. $1100 for 60000km svcs ?! 😮

Just buy your favorite and correct spec engine oil from stockist outside, the parts and then go JB for svcs. Come on as if Mazda has no presence in Malaysia?

There is NO NEED to replace fuel filter for SG market. Our gasoline is more than adequately clean and it is highly unlikely there will be any dirt that will jam up the filter at 60000km. And please, fuel filter doesn't cost much, less than $100 from stockist or taobao if u want to save  even more money

Be a smart and savvy car owner, not some one who loved getting their carrots chopped to pieces in the name of so called warranty. in SG, most ADs are the last place one would consider for quick, efficient and affordable svcs. 

Mazda offers 3 yrs warranty. . But for those AD who offer 5 yrs unlimited mileage warranty, please check EXACTLY what is covered afterall? Chances are its just the engine block after the 3rd year. How often do u blow up the whole engine block ?

sgcarmart is your best friend - 

https://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/listing.php?COM=Mazda&CAT=40&CSW=1

I have never serviced my cars in JB. Unless you know them very well, you risk questionable workmanship and counterfeit parts

↡ Advertisement

13 hours ago, Greenchilli said:

This is the scope of work for 60K costing $1044 (before GST). Replace: Engine oil, oil filter and fuel filter. Plus the usual checkings.

Engine oil and oil filter are cheap. I can't imagine fuel filter to cost too much.

Really need advise of folks who has done fuel filter replacement outside (preferably JB). Anybody?

As I mentioned earlier, it costs so much is because besides the Fuel Filter, they are also replacing the FUEL PUMP (that is the Arm & Leg cost I believe).  I am hoping the other owners who have had their 60k servicing to verify that  the fuel pump is indeed replaced at the 60k servicing.

40 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

sgcarmart is your best friend - 

https://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/listing.php?COM=Mazda&CAT=40&CSW=1

I have never serviced my cars in JB. Unless you know them very well, you risk questionable workmanship and counterfeit parts

Most relevant answer to my question so far. Thank you.

Anybody has recommendation for JB workshop that are familiar with Mazda 6? I only know of the local AD there (Azam Motor), price is much better than TEK, but still high.

25 minutes ago, Cheong72 said:

As I mentioned earlier, it costs so much is because besides the Fuel Filter, they are also replacing the FUEL PUMP (that is the Arm & Leg cost I believe).  I am hoping the other owners who have had their 60k servicing to verify that  the fuel pump is indeed replaced at the 60k servicing.

Why do u need to replace the fuel pump? Fuel pump is generally not a consumable part. Most other makes does not have a replacement schedule for fuel pumps. You only replace it if it does break down, which is very unlikely for modern Japs and Korean cars

If what they said is true, don't tell me those PHV Mazda 3 had their pumps replaced every 6-8 mths ?!  Will LCR really spend $1100 on each of their Mazda 3 rental cars?

Yes you are right, how do we know if the pump was really replaced? One way is to locate the pump on the engine block yourself and make some marks on it with a perm marker. Check if the marks are still there when u collect your car.  

2 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

Why do u need to replace the fuel pump? Fuel pump is generally not a consumable part. Most other makes does not have a replacement schedule for fuel pumps. You only replace it if it does break down, which is very unlikely for modern Japs and Korean cars

If what they said is true, don't tell me those PHV Mazda 3 had their pumps replaced every 6-8 mths ?!  Will LCR really spend $1100 on each of their Mazda 3 rental cars?

Yes you are right, how do we know if the pump was really replaced? One way is to locate the pump on the engine block yourself and make some marks on it with a perm marker. Check if the marks are still there when u collect your car.  

TEK 60K service includes replacement of FUEL FILTER, not fuel pump.

• Haha! 1

35 minutes ago, Greenchilli said:

TEK 60K service includes replacement of FUEL FILTER, not fuel pump.

If its only changing the fuel filter...yeah...$1.1k is VERY Expensive. The ah beng work shop I go to quoted me a ball park of $400 for engine oil change and replace all the filters (Oil, Air, Cabin & Fuel filters)

19 minutes ago, andrewyewkc said:

This is to recoup the cost of building the new Mazda Facility?

434534-Mazda-Eurokars_Web-Banner_BN7p_mobile.png

It's a nice comfy place with free message chair....that's why servicing so ex....haha

IMG_20190923_112638.jpg

IMG_20190923_114236.jpg

• Haha! 1

59 minutes ago, Cheong72 said:

If its only changing the fuel filter...yeah...$1.1k is VERY Expensive. The ah beng work shop I go to quoted me a ball park of $400 for engine oil change and replace all the filters (Oil, Air, Cabin & Fuel filters)

But ah beng workshop is not going to provide you any warranty should things go wrong.  So of course they charge lesser. 

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

But ah beng workshop is not going to provide you any warranty should things go wrong.  So of course they charge lesser. 

That's seriously cold comfort bro. If reg svcs can also go wrong, then those shops shouldn't be ard in the 1st place. 

Also no AD in SG has explicitly stated warranty coverage for reg svcs jobs. 

Anyway, $300-400 nett pricing outside vs $1100 at TEK... that's serious $$ just to beat that warranty thingy dead horse.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Cheong72 said:

Anyway for the benefit of other Mazda  owners, I have clarified with the Service Advisor :  Even if we don't go back to the AD for servicing, they will still have to honor the warranty of the car. So long as we use Mazda  approved/recommended consumable parts and not make any modifications to the car. But for those who want to still use their massage chair and eat their Nasi Lemak, you are free to go back....haha

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Lhk657 said:

Hi, 

Below is service by the book. Price is at the bottom and parts used are original.

I see if i can get better price.

20191017_221121.jpg

This is from which workshop?

6 hours ago, Prataboy said:

Can go Mazda AD in JB? Are they allowed to service SG Mazda cars?

Yes...but they used Shell 5w-30 Oil.

↡ Advertisement