MAZDA 6

Voxy28

6 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

Yes...but they used Shell 5w-30 Oil.

TEK use 0W-20 oil. 

I saw it on a job list outside the parts store at Leng Kee while hanging around to have my front camera replaced.

but its from a brand unheard of unlike shell, mobil one or caltex

Edited by Lhk657
↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Lhk657 said:

TEK use 0W-20 oil. 

I saw it on a job list outside the parts store at Leng Kee while hanging around to have my front camera replaced.

but its from a brand unheard of unlike shell, mobil one or caltex

Thanks for the info.

Can anyone confirm that they use 0W-20?

17 hours ago, Lhk657 said:

Hi, 

Below is service by the book. Price is at the bottom and parts used are original.

I see if i can get better price.

20191017_221121.jpg

Is this the latest and official from TEK? I was quoted $1044 for 60K servicing. Job scope is the same as shown in the table

1 hour ago, Greenchilli said:

Is this the latest and official from TEK? I was quoted $1044 for 60K servicing. Job scope is the same as shown in the table

I came across this table from Autosaver website. Price is the same for Mazda 6 servicing packages. Personally, I feel the prices are still on the high side. Hope to see cheaper cheaper service package.

4 hours ago, Greenchilli said:

This should be the actual one from Mazda

Servicing Schedule.jpg

13 hours ago, Prataboy said:

Expensive compared to other ADs. Even C&C seems cheaper.

The brands that the authorized distributor manages in Singapore are Rolls Royce, McLaren, Porsche, Mini and Mazda so what do you think?

• Haha! 1

21 hours ago, CoffeeBreak said:

I came across this table from Autosaver website. Price is the same for Mazda 6 servicing packages. Personally, I feel the prices are still on the high side. Hope to see cheaper cheaper service package.

Yes from autosaver. I done 60K servicing on my sunny with them as they were like the designated outside service centre by sunny forumers. I find them quite good actually. At least they use the original parts and components.

19 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

Comfirmed 0w-20 Oil.

Not many shop carry 20 oil. Most use 40 and promote 30 as superior.

I know a workshop in Woodlands. He might carry 20. But it would be economical if 3 bros do servicing as our m6 use more than the std 4L of EO.

The boss quite nice, although my previous ride also used more than 4L, he did not charge me as the workshop is patronised by the forum bros of the car group and so got some left over.

48 minutes ago, Lhk657 said:

Yes from autosaver. I done 60K servicing on my sunny with them as they were like the designated outside service centre by sunny forumers. I find them quite good actually. At least they use the original parts and components.

Heard Autosaver started off with servicing Nissan cars. Now they have moved on to Mazda cars. Which outlet would you recommend to service Mazda cars? Thanks.

4 hours ago, Lhk657 said:

Not many shop carry 20 oil. Most use 40 and promote 30 as superior.

I know a workshop in Woodlands. He might carry 20. But it would be economical if 3 bros do servicing as our m6 use more than the std 4L of EO.

The boss quite nice, although my previous ride also used more than 4L, he did not charge me as the workshop is patronised by the forum bros of the car group and so got some left over.

0w-20 getting common...better stick with it.

On 10/19/2019 at 3:57 PM, CoffeeBreak said:

Heard Autosaver started off with servicing Nissan cars. Now they have moved on to Mazda cars. Which outlet would you recommend to service Mazda cars? Thanks.

I serviced previously at toh guan. As i onky serviced there, i cannot comment.

I now send my car to a now good friend for repairs and servicing. He always give me good advice. And many times, source for GOOD recon or parts from scrap vehicles. He also does accident reparirs and insurance claims.

He also got a bodywork repair shopand pricing is good. But i recomend Paintless Dent Removal (PDR) if only dent and no paint damage. 

Like i mentioned, i recently know this guy from Mazda and he seem quite popular as every sunday i can see cars waiting to be serviced at the carpark.

I just changed the battery on my key fob myself. After changing the battery, I could not unlock and lock my car door remotely. There is light on the key fob meaning the battery is working. Anyone encountered similarly issue before?

Thanks

5 hours ago, clarkkent said:

I just changed the battery on my key fob myself. After changing the battery, I could not unlock and lock my car door remotely. There is light on the key fob meaning the battery is working. Anyone encountered similarly issue before?

Thanks

I bought and changed it myself without a problem. Did you get the battery right?

13 minutes ago, Greenchilli said:

Is it ok to use 5W-40 engine oil for our new Mazda 6 Skyactiv?

Mazda 6 owner's manual specified xW-20 and xW-30 only

Nope...stick to 0w-20.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1