MAZDA 6

Voxy28

13 minutes ago, Greenchilli said:

Is it ok to use 5W-40 engine oil for our new Mazda 6 Skyactiv?

Mazda 6 owner's manual specified xW-20 and xW-30 only

Why do you want to use 5W-40? Manufacturer has hours of testing to put the car together with rigorous testing, why change it?

Use 20 or 30. My 2006 Kia was on 20 previously without any engine failure. Please stick to manufacturer spec. and DO NOT over/under filled it. It is most important.

↡ Advertisement

11 hours ago, Sopskysalat said:

Why do you want to use 5W-40? Manufacturer has hours of testing to put the car together with rigorous testing, why change it?

Use 20 or 30. My 2006 Kia was on 20 previously without any engine failure. Please stick to manufacturer spec. and DO NOT over/under filled it. It is most important.

maybe He wanted to buy Cheap Seehum or Turtle Oil from Giant or NTUC.😊..so he ask this Question.

• Haha! 2

14 hours ago, Greenchilli said:

Is it ok to use 5W-40 engine oil for our new Mazda 6 Skyactiv?

Mazda 6 owner's manual specified xW-20 and xW-30 only

Do not use off specs oil bro. You will accelerate the wear n tear of your engine and your overall drivability and FC will suffer too.

If the owners manual specify 0w20, please use 0W20 or 5W20... and make sure the oil meets all current specs as per Mazda's recommendation. In general it should be GF5 and API SN+ rated. 

On 10/16/2019 at 7:07 PM, Lhk657 said:

Dear all who gotten the M6 lately with apple carplay/android auto, are we suppose to get a "genuine usb cable set"?

I was reading one of the manuals provided and it seems that a cable set is provided. 

I'm using high quality non original cable and it works. 

Just collected my MZ 6 and encounter the following issue:

Rainy day, rear window no wiper = poor visibility.

Did not have such issue with my previous MZ 3. Maybe due to more streamlined contour of MZ 6. Any advice how to solve this issue?

3 hours ago, Greenchilli said:

Did not have such issue with my previous MZ 3. Maybe due to more streamlined contour of MZ 6. Any advice how to solve this issue?

first time driving a sedan? most sedans dont come with rear wipers. 

you can turn on the rear heater and see if its better for you. 

1 hour ago, ferrytales said:

first time driving a sedan? most sedans dont come with rear wipers. 

you can turn on the rear heater and see if its better for you. 

Nope, never had such issue with my previous ride MZ3 (sedan). 

On 10/24/2019 at 10:04 AM, Greenchilli said:

Hi Greenchilli,

Same same ... bro aztreonam advice rainx etc. treatment but need effort every 2-3 months to reapply and yes, it works for such raining days and if due to condensation, turn on heater then.

Cheers.

Richard

On 10/24/2019 at 10:04 AM, Greenchilli said:

Not much difference from other sedan I drove. I applied rainx or equivalent.  If u can get use to the auto dim rear mirror with no on off feature, raining is ok

56 minutes ago, Osiris said:

Not much difference from other sedan I drove. I applied rainx or equivalent.  If u can get use to the auto dim rear mirror with no on off feature, raining is ok

Exactly, took me to get used to sedan windscreen as I came from hatchback. I took about a few days to get used to it..

On 10/24/2019 at 3:22 PM, Greenchilli said:

Nope, never had such issue with my previous ride MZ3 (sedan). 

I will suggest doing the whole 9 yard. Claybar the rear windscreen to remove any contaminants.  Then apply rain x, let it haze for 15 mins and wipe off. 

For new car, I suggest reapplying it again a week later without claybar but after washing. 

After that i usually apply after 4-6 months or even longer

On 10/7/2019 at 8:44 PM, TanBeeTee said:

Mee too, having same issue every morning now and then going down the car park slope and turning right. Funny thing is that this happens only one time only so haven’t managed to speak to TEK. Do you manage to get to bottom of this?

I have exactly same symptom! Only happens in the morning and once only. I describe it like old man joint need to warm up when wake up. :D

I just went for 20k service and explained, but the agent was not friendly and said if needed she ask technician test drive with me. I said I cannot reproduce now then she said cannot fix if not reproduced...

On 10/18/2019 at 7:12 AM, ER-3682 said:

Yes...but they used Shell 5w-30 Oil.

Have you checked with them? Any option to use 0w-20 there?

Their price is attractive, and can leave car there and go massage while waiting. ;D

But no 0w-20 is show stopper.

These are the price I got from there.

30k/50k RM350

40k RM600

60k RM1300

13 minutes ago, S2s1 said:

Have you checked with them? Any option to use 0w-20 there?

Their price is attractive, and can leave car there and go massage while waiting. ;D

But no 0w-20 is show stopper.

These are the price I got from there.

30k/50k RM350

40k RM600

60k RM1300

Buy in S'pore,bring in, ask them deduct money for the Oil.

56 minutes ago, Greenchilli said:

My new MZ6 has a beep sound each time I hit a road bump. Which option in Mazda Connect menu to disable this annoying beep? Thanks

may be your dashcam.

↡ Advertisement