MAZDA 6

Voxy28

On 12/20/2019 at 8:22 PM, marktctan said:

Having owned a Mazda 6 for aout 6 months I can say that the in-car Navigations system is the worst I have ever used, her or anywhere in the world.

It follows no logic, and some Japanese designer splits Singapore up into 20/30? districts arbitrarily.

I could not find an address in Upper Changi Road. Later I found it was classified under Simei Town. I still cannot find Park Lane ...somewhere near Seletar airport.

There are other unforgivable faults which I will review another time.

I use carplay most of the time. The inbuilt nav is not very user friendly to me, but i love the additional info on the HUD when im using its NAV system

↡ Advertisement

On 12/29/2019 at 10:01 AM, Greenchilli said:

My current Navigation map version updated in September does not yet recognise Lornie Highway.

Is there any newer version that has a more updated map? Too lazy to remove the SD-Card and check.

Any idea how many updates we have? 

And do we have to service how car with TEK in order update?

14 hours ago, Lhk657 said:

Any idea how many updates we have? 

And do we have to service how car with TEK in order update?

You get 1 free update. Suggest to do that with your last "free" preventive servicing with TEK. Just need to let the agent know you'd like to update the map.

Honestly, I find that the only useful feature of the built-in navi is the directions on the HUD. Beyond that, Google Maps, Waze, or even a Garmin/ Tom-Tom dedicated GPS device is superior in every way. The built-in navi is decent enough if you use postal code to find your destination, and is fairly accurate.

Twincharged
On 12/20/2019 at 8:22 PM, marktctan said:

Having owned a Mazda 6 for aout 6 months I can say that the in-car Navigations system is the worst I have ever used, her or anywhere in the world.

It follows no logic, and some Japanese designer splits Singapore up into 20/30? districts arbitrarily.

I could not find an address in Upper Changi Road. Later I found it was classified under Simei Town. I still cannot find Park Lane ...somewhere near Seletar airport.

There are other unforgivable faults which I will review another time.

This is well recognised and there are limited options especially for specific roads

Those who bought before mid 2019 or so (without apple carplay option) usually will use own GPS 

To be fair, even the conti cars nav systems also have their problems

But agree, M6 nav is very frustrating to use

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Hi, I have a Mazda 6 (2018). I usually play music through the car system using my phone bluetooth. Sometimes, even though the bluetooth is connected successfully, but the music or radio just could not be played in the car system. Wonder if any of you have experienced this issue, and if there is any way to resolve the issue? I think we are not able to update the firmware ourselves. 

Btw, the problem is solved by hard rebooting the system, but returns after a few days. I try not to reboot the system.

Thank you! 

On 1/26/2020 at 2:56 PM, Chinghsi said:

Hi, I have a Mazda 6 (2018). I usually play music through the car system using my phone bluetooth. Sometimes, even though the bluetooth is connected successfully, but the music or radio just could not be played in the car system. Wonder if any of you have experienced this issue, and if there is any way to resolve the issue? I think we are not able to update the firmware ourselves. 

Btw, the problem is solved by hard rebooting the system, but returns after a few days. I try not to reboot the system.

Thank you! 

Update firmware is available 

On 1/26/2020 at 2:56 PM, Chinghsi said:

Thank you! 

Sounds like either the system run out of memory or the sound processor software hang?

Neutral Newbie

Anyone here have the original Hella DVR DR820 that came installed from TEK? Can this DVR record while parking if not anywhere to upgrade (like adding a battery pack) for it to do so?

On 2/3/2020 at 9:17 AM, Xer said:

Anyone here have the original Hella DVR DR820 that came installed from TEK? Can this DVR record while parking if not anywhere to upgrade (like adding a battery pack) for it to do so?

Yes, can record while parking. I used a battery pack

On 2/4/2020 at 7:27 PM, Xer said:

Where did you install the battery pack?

Under passenger seat. I reused my blackvue battery from any blackvue official installer. I Used 1 in Sin Ming

↡ Advertisement