MAZDA 6

Voxy28

Guys i hv given the boot tray Mazda 6 2019, which for owner to remove the spare tire and enlarge the space. I thought i will be using it, but never. Decided to let it go together with air pump. All brand new. Not active here, but i put item at carousell @lawrance.gan, if any mazda 6 owner needs it.

* Not too sure if earlier batch of Mazda 6 can use or not.

Thank you.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I received my Mazda 6 2.0 executive in Jan 2019. Its overall a good ride but theres always condensation and fogging on the side mirrors on rainy days. I noticed Mazda does not have heated side mirrors. How do you all overcome this problem?

I'm actually prepared to replace the side mirrors for heated side mirrors but who does this?

13 minutes ago, Super64 said:

I received my Mazda 6 2.0 executive in Jan 2019. Its overall a good ride but theres always condensation and fogging on the side mirrors on rainy days. I noticed Mazda does not have heated side mirrors. How do you all overcome this problem?

I'm actually prepared to replace the side mirrors for heated side mirrors but who does this?

The simplest and cheapest solution is to paste those antifogging film from Aliexpress or Shopee.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcXIvRdXnjxueXB0Xuo9V

16 minutes ago, Super64 said:

Hello, i'm using this. Can last for 1 quarter of a year subject to the frequency of rain encountered.

https://www.soft99.co.jp/en/products/detail/04172/

Has anyone tried to install aftermarket 360 view to your Mazda 6? Any feedbacks or recommendation who can do this?

Supercharged
(edited)

I recently sent my car to an independent workshop for servicing. The package included 4L of fully synthetic engine oil. According to my car’s manual, SKYACTIV-G 2.0 requires 4.2L of engine oil with oil filter replacement. Hence, I agreed to pay for the top-up when asked by the mechanic after he emptied a 4L bottle. However, I noticed that he did not use the dipstick to check for under or over filling. Nevertheless, I gave him the benefit of doubt that he could roughly gauge the quantity from experience, and since a little under or over 200ml should not matter. When home, out of curiosity, I decided to follow the instructions in the manual to check the oil level, and found it to be a few centimetres above the maximum mark. Is this any cause for concern? Any harm to the engine if I simply stay with typical package comprising 4L of engine oil change and fall short by 200ml during servicing in future? Thanks for any advice!

Edited by kykh

Supercharged
23 minutes ago, kykh said:

I recently sent my car to an independent workshop for servicing. The package included 4L of fully synthetic engine oil. According to my car’s manual, SKYACTIV-G 2.0 requires 4.2L of engine oil with oil filter replacement. Hence, I agreed to pay for the top-up when asked by the mechanic after he emptied a 4L bottle. However, I noticed that he did not use the dipstick to check for under or over filling. Nevertheless, I gave him the benefit of doubt that he could roughly gauge the quantity from experience, and since a little under or over 200ml should not matter. When home, out of curiosity, I decided to follow the instructions in the manual to check the oil level, and found it to be a few centimetres above the maximum mark. Is this any cause for concern? Any harm to the engine if I simply stay with typical package comprising 4L of engine oil change and fall short by 200ml during servicing in future? Thanks for any advice!

Change engine oil never use dipstick to check? Wah liao

And if spec is 4.2 litre you will never be able to drain 4.2 litre oil out, probably 4l more than enough

• Praise 2

Few cm is waiting for the engine  to break down due to overfilling. 4L is just about the right amount. 

Take a pix of the dip stick and post it here 

• Praise 2

Twincharged
(edited)
53 minutes ago, kykh said:

care to share which lousy workshop who cannot even be bothered to check the dip stick.

a few centimeters can be a lot. maybe you meant a few mm? like hamburger mentioned, having a picture is best to guage

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

For those who requested for a photo of the oil level shown on the dipstick, here it goes. I aligned the zero mark on the ruler with the maximum mark on the dipstick, and measured the oil level to be around 6.5cm above the maximum mark. Should I visit the workshop again to drain out the excess?

IMG_8297.JPG

Twincharged
(edited)
1 hour ago, kykh said:

For those who requested for a photo of the oil level shown on the dipstick, here it goes. I aligned the zero mark on the ruler with the maximum mark on the dipstick, and measured the oil level to be around 6.5cm above the maximum mark. Should I visit the workshop again to drain out the excess?

IMG_8297.JPG

yes. immediately. the bugger never drained the oil and added another 4l making it 8L in the sump?

6.5cm is HUGE!! Actually with this much oil the engine will be choking and there should be less power

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 2

My colleague estima had the same issue with the workshop overfilling with that much, so they can earn that extra litre of EO poured in. More is OK according to their flawed logic. 

I tried to warn him. Too late as the engine stalled and the damage done. 

And yes, please let out at least half litre and check again with dip stick. 

• Praise 2

10 hours ago, kykh said:

Did u check the dipstick right after a drive?

you should only check your dipstick when your engine is cool.

alternatively, wipe down ur dipstick with a piece of tissue and reinsert and check again.

• Praise 2

Do the check on the morning before drive (Engine cold). Ensure your car is on level ground. Wipe the dip stick clean, insert n pull out to see the level.

If still above immediate drive to the workshop to drain it out.

• Praise 2

(edited)
23 hours ago, kykh said:

Did you check the dip stick after letting the oil settle and cool? If you check right after driving it'll be higher due to it being heated up. Also, you did wipe down the stick and insert to check the stick right? Some people just take out and see immediately which is wrong. You gotta take out, wipe and then dip it to have the accurate reading.

No immediate concern if it is a little over max, unless there's froth.

If you are diligent in following the maintenance schedule, you can consider just sticking to 4L. If you tend to forget or delay the maintenance some times, stick with 4.2L so you have some buffer when servicing is delayed.

Edited by Conan86
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
20 hours ago, kykh said:

IMG_8297.JPG

Yes, go immediately. It’s too much.

• Praise 2

On 7/16/2020 at 11:50 AM, kykh said:

My previous car requires 8.5 quarts (8.044L) of lubricant and the workshop will take the opportunity to sell me more than 8L of lubricants. When I check the dipstick, it will often exceed the max line. I suspect that many workshops may be too lazy to wait for all the lubricant to drain out and they just pour the new one in. From experiments in my first car, I found that the car is more efficient when there is less lubricant sploshing around. Some cars may consume lubricants, so the workshop would rather have more instead of less to be on the safe side to protect the engine and they do not care about your efficiency. Later I changed to another workshop and told them to just put 8L in and that I will monitor the lubricant level and top up myself if necessary (I actually never needed to do so). You should just tell the workshop to put in 4L and monitor the level yourself and top up if necessary. Too much lubricant is not good for your engine.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1