MAZDA 6

Voxy28

(edited)

guyz, anybody using K&N oil filters and engine air filters for their Mazda 6 2.0L 2019?

can share which are k&N part numbers?

Edited by alex976

Refer to manual for guideline on checking EO level. 

Not all vehicles are checked in the morning when it's cold. 

Some are checked 3-5mins after a drive. 

Just curious...

The technical specs for Mazda CX-5 states that the acceleration from 0-100kmh takes 10.2 seconds. On the other hand, Mazda 6 takes 10.8 seconds (both 2.0 model).

Any reason why CX-5 can have supposedly better acceleration when:
1. The horsepower/torque is actually lower (162bhp/210Nm vs 163 bhp/213Nm)
2. The Kerb weight is higher (1571kg vs 1515kg)
3. Aerodynamic for Sedan should be better in theory.

6 hours ago, SedanFTW said:

Just curious...

The technical specs for Mazda CX-5 states that the acceleration from 0-100kmh takes 10.2 seconds. On the other hand, Mazda 6 takes 10.8 seconds (both 2.0 model).

possibility gear ratio.

both top speed same ?

• Praise 1

(edited)
On 7/24/2020 at 10:47 AM, SedanFTW said:

Just curious...

Hi Sedan,

Tuning and gear ratio as bro conti advised.

Check the FC which should show worse for CX5 to haul bigger load, including 60kg added curb weight, and needing bigger sooner torque, gearing changes etc. which also means faster 0-100kmhr.

I can attest to excellent FC of the mazda 6 .. 7l/100km vs my forester at 7km/l or almost 100% better .. lol !

I can also attest that cx5 is noiser from this "rev" as well as the engine being nearer to the cabin.

If you wish the mazda 6 to "rev" and perform more like the cx5, this is where ethrottle like pivot comes in but you can change gearing unless you bypass ecu with other tuning solution like ecutek .. at the expense of FC of course since performance is not free.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

10 hours ago, richard_crl032 said:

Hi Sedan,

Tuning and gear ratio as bro conti advised.

Check the FC which should show worse for CX5 to haul bigger load, including 60kg added curb weight, and needing bigger sooner torque, gearing changes etc. which also means faster 0-100kmhr.

I can attest to excellent FC of the mazda 6 .. 7l/100km vs my forester at 7km/l or almost 100% better .. lol !

I can also attest that cx5 is noiser from this "rev" as well as the engine being nearer to the cabin.

If you wish the mazda 6 to "rev" and perform more like the cx5, this is where ethrottle like pivot comes in but you can change gearing unless you bypass ecu with other tuning solution like ecutek .. at the expense of FC of course since performance is not free.

Cheers.

Richard

Thanks for the reply! I don't fully understand gear ratio and tuning yet but I can at least know where to look. (briefly looked up on it, is it related to the "revness" of the car?) 

Just wondering, as they have an S mode, is the 10.8s based on S mode or normal D gear? (I understand that under S mode, they will keep the gear lower to increase the rev) 

Also, based on the spec, it seems that they hv same gear ratio from gear 1 to 6, but the final ratio is indeed lower for the m6. Is this due to gear shifting rate? 

• Praise 1

Twincharged
6 hours ago, SedanFTW said:

Thanks for the reply! I don't fully understand gear ratio and tuning yet but I can at least know where to look. (briefly looked up on it, is it related to the "revness" of the car?) 

Just wondering, as they have an S mode, is the 10.8s based on S mode or normal D gear? (I understand that under S mode, they will keep the gear lower to increase the rev) 

Also, based on the spec, it seems that they hv same gear ratio from gear 1 to 6, but the final ratio is indeed lower for the m6. Is this due to gear shifting rate? 

Tested using a Dyno,not accurate,real test will be 11++ Secs..

• Praise 1

On 7/26/2020 at 12:29 AM, SedanFTW said:

Hi Sedan,

My pleasure but think no need to look into details of this .. 10.8 sec is probably with aircon off and windows up with S mode ... you will not likely to notice the difference.

Believe so on the final gear of the mazda 6 but it is really about FC and response due to torque and bhp .. SUV is not about better FC. 

Both will feel underwhelming and noisy if you are in a hurry but fine when you pick up speed in normal driving and it is ymmv since always your past experience and expectation.

Cheers.

Richard

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Apologies if this has been discussed before, I couldn’t find anything about this.

Anyone has experience with creaky front suspension? Mine creaks only when going over those small speed bumps in carparks. 2019 model.

Thanks!

55 minutes ago, A320Skipper said:

Apologies if this has been discussed before, I couldn’t find anything about this.

Anyone has experience with creaky front suspension? Mine creaks only when going over those small speed bumps in carparks. 2019 model.

Thanks!

Congratulations on getting an authentic Mazda 6 then ! Very common issue.

14 hours ago, richard_crl032 said:

Hi Sedan,

My pleasure but think no need to look into details of this .. 10.8 sec is probably with aircon off and windows up with S mode ... you will not likely to notice the difference.

Believe so on the final gear of the mazda 6 but it is really about FC and response due to torque and bhp .. SUV is not about better FC. 

Both will feel underwhelming and noisy if you are in a hurry but fine when you pick up speed in normal driving and it is ymmv since always your past experience and expectation.

Cheers.

Richard

Okay, Thanks a lot for sharing!

Saw today promo for the 6. 108,888. Why the drop in price when Coe is going up? Is there a new 6 coming? Or any other reasons? I'm just clueless..

Edited by Tlks
Wrong info

3 minutes ago, Tlks said:

The 6 is getting cheaper comparing to the other same cat cars. Why is it so? Any reasons? I still think is a very nice car. 

37 minutes ago, Tlks said:

Saw today promo for the 6. 108,888. Why the drop in price when Coe is going up? Is there a new 6 coming? Or any other reasons? I'm just clueless..

They do not always follow coe trend.

promo listed at 108k means nett likely to be lower.

Either targets to meet or clearing stocks

Lowest shared in this thread for executive is around 102k

• Praise 3

29 minutes ago, Melody288 said:

Heard TE is accepting booking for FL Mazda 6 (under homologation now). Price ard $110k. Any idea what are the new features for the FL?

No more FL. Current model underwent FL twice with latest being 2018. They call it IPM (should be interim product modification).  What you are referring to is likely IPM 4 with the most significant change being the improvement from G-vector to G-vector+. You can Google for the detailed improvement. The recent sale they had was to rid the IPM3 YOM 2019models.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1