MAZDA 6

Voxy28

Just wanted to check if anyone had booked a Mazda6 recently and have been asked to top-up?  My SE called on Fri and asked me to consider topping up due to rising COE. Book my car after CB. I thought this is poor business ethics by TEK. I didn’t agree. 

HI Ben,

Top-up is for guaranteed COE and sure must top up.

Your original is without guarantee .. and hence absolutely nothing wrong and standard in the industry.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 1

6 hours ago, richard_crl032 said:

HI Ben,

Top-up is for guaranteed COE and sure must top up.

Your original is without guarantee .. and hence absolutely nothing wrong and standard in the industry.

Cheers.

Richard

Agree

also depends on amount of top up needed, no of bids done, and original deal (price and perks) 

• Praise 3

24 minutes ago, TheBlurGuy said:

Collected my mazda end july, topup after 1st coe july bidding for G-COE and got the 2nd july COE.
Topping up for G-COE is very common for japanese/korean car.

Mind sharing how much TEK told you to TOP up? 

On 9/13/2020 at 10:09 AM, Bensky said:

Just wanted to check if anyone had booked a Mazda6 recently and have been asked to top-up?  My SE called on Fri and asked me to consider topping up due to rising COE. Book my car after CB. I thought this is poor business ethics by TEK. I didn’t agree. 

On 9/13/2020 at 10:09 AM, Bensky said:

This is common practise in Mazda TEK, whatever said 6 bids gurantee is bulls**t, my previous ride, they failed to bids, mentioned u did not get the coe for first 4 bids, then ask for top up at last 2 bids. Maybe there are some lucky one. recently went bk, same practise. in the end purchase used mazda 6.fast and easy. 

56 minutes ago, Jacklenny said:

This is common practise in Mazda TEK, whatever said 6 bids gurantee is bulls**t, my previous ride, they failed to bids, mentioned u did not get the coe for first 4 bids, then ask for top up at last 2 bids. Maybe there are some lucky one. recently went bk, same practise. in the end purchase used mazda 6.fast and easy. 

I saw that there's 6 bids guarantee and 6 bids non guarantee on the price list. 6 bids guarantee already more expensive than 6 bids non guarantee by 2k. Still need to top up 2k even though already on 6 bids guarantee? Then why differentiate?  So confirm guarantee get COE is total top up 4K?

For my previous ride, I am too naive. The agent told me sure can get one. 6 bid guarantee is OK.. no need top up, they got open cat coe...another of sweet talk....but verbal only. 

After 2 bids. very low also cannot get coe..then I start realize they are playing games...in the end l. I paid total of 84k + 4 k for my previous ride . 

so to all bro..consider all of u r lucky as now coe still not that high...but it is coming soon. all agents play game. 

I will get a used car from now , no more coe trick...enough is enough...

4 minutes ago, Jacklenny said:

For my previous ride, I am too naive. The agent told me sure can get one. 6 bid guarantee is OK.. no need top up, they got open cat coe...another of sweet talk....but verbal only. 

After 2 bids. very low also cannot get coe..then I start realize they are playing games...in the end l. I paid total of 84k + 4 k for my previous ride . 

so to all bro..consider all of u r lucky as now coe still not that high...but it is coming soon. all agents play game. 

I will get a used car from now , no more coe trick...enough is enough...

Are you referring to G or NG? If it’s G package and they ask you to TOP up, then that’s incorrect. 

• Praise 1

I studied the sales agreements.
Inconsequential whether it is G or NG assuming if it is not secured after 6 bids. They are safeguarded by just a refund of deposit to buyers.  In other words, nothing is G under G except your deposit refund.
I don’t trust them anymore. Am looking forward to shop elsewhere once TEK reaches its 6th unsuccessful bids for me.

Fully agreed with u. Don't know why car agent and car distributor need to do this to their customers. Maybe TEK feel that Mazda car have only 25% premium earning is not enough..must chop some more..

Beaware with other car agents n car distributors as well. Keep us posted. Hope u can get your car soon. 

I have questions for Mazda 6, am driving a Mazda 6 2019 model for 2 years.

1. I realized my side mirror has problem keeping/opening. How much does it cost if I get fix outside or change the whole mirror?

2. Has anyone install the Mazda 6 Real CF Ram Air Intake? I saw on FB it's
popular. How much does it cost? Is there real improvement?

3. For touch up of paint etc which workshop do u guys recommend? How much does it cost?

Deeply appreciate some guidance and feedback on the price etc, thanks in advance.

16 hours ago, Bensky said:

I studied the sales agreements.
Inconsequential whether it is G or NG assuming if it is not secured after 6 bids. They are safeguarded by just a refund of deposit to buyers.  In other words, nothing is G under G except your deposit refund.
I don’t trust them anymore. Am looking forward to shop elsewhere once TEK reaches its 6th unsuccessful bids for me.

Actually it depends on how much your deal is when you signed up? I believe you took the 90k+ during CB which TEK was predicting that COE will hover around 25-30k?

With COE going up every bidding i doubt you will get your car as it is unprofitable for them. 

How much are they asking you to topup?

1 hour ago, TheBlurGuy said:

Actually it depends on how much your deal is when you signed up? I believe you took the 90k+ during CB which TEK was predicting that COE will hover around 25-30k?

With COE going up every bidding i doubt you will get your car as it is unprofitable for them. 

How much are they asking you to topup?

Mine’s post CB when they were clearing all the MY19 stock at 104K.  
Actually, these cars will be 2yo in 3 months time.  Am quite happy to shop elsewhere now that I experienced this nonsense from the AD.

↡ Advertisement