MAZDA 6

Voxy28

On 9/15/2020 at 10:59 AM, Terence2112 said:

Are you referring to G or NG? If it’s G package and they ask you to TOP up, then that’s incorrect. 

He's referring to NG.
Basically, SA saying, 6 bids, guarantee will get.. not 6 bid guarantee agreement.

↡ Advertisement

18 hours ago, Bensky said:

I studied the sales agreements.
Inconsequential whether it is G or NG assuming if it is not secured after 6 bids. They are safeguarded by just a refund of deposit to buyers.  In other words, nothing is G under G except your deposit refund.
I don’t trust them anymore. Am looking forward to shop elsewhere once TEK reaches its 6th unsuccessful bids for me.

I haven't heard of cases where it's G and they fail to secure though.
They don't have a separate arrangement for G, so wordings could seem the same.

However, no reasons not to believe they will honor unless there's someone experiencing such scenario. (For Guaranteed only, not applicable to NG whereby there are history of top-up required)

11 hours ago, howdeepisyourlove127 said:

I have questions for Mazda 6, am driving a Mazda 6 2019 model for 2 years.

1. I realized my side mirror has problem keeping/opening. How much does it cost if I get fix outside or change the whole mirror?

2. Has anyone install the Mazda 6 Real CF Ram Air Intake? I saw on FB it's
popular. How much does it cost? Is there real improvement?

3. For touch up of paint etc which workshop do u guys recommend? How much does it cost?

Deeply appreciate some guidance and feedback on the price etc, thanks in advance.

For the 1st issue, can claim warranty why wanna fix at your own cost?

For 2nd issue, just go monster garage or other mazda workshop and ask

For 3rd issue, i believe u go TEK they got sell de

16 hours ago, howdeepisyourlove127 said:

1. I realized my side mirror has problem keeping/opening. How much does it cost if I get fix outside or change the whole mirror?

3. For touch up of paint etc which workshop do u guys recommend? How much does it cost?

Deeply appreciate some guidance and feedback on the price etc, thanks in advance.

1. if under warranty. go by to TEK. if no, then go outside workshop and do it. mostly change motor only, sorry forgot the price liao

2. taobao is selling sgd 100++ , if u can diy urself need to take out bumper. if not, I think Jdm auto and few workshop is selling that with installation. I think around 200 to 300+, see got post mentioned feel better pick up when go up mscp better.

For better gain,I usually install short ram intake or cold air intake and go for stage 1 tune..then u will not suffer low end lag. enjoy high end gain. of coz some ppl might said save it, as it is only just 2.0 2.5 L auto with non turbo...I said I just wan to mod..haha

3. I will suggest don't use touch up paint if possible. for minor scratch, use scratch remover which u can get from autobacs or few workshops, buy those white cream type ..which will form white powder. ( also can try wd-40 for minor scratches) 

Also don't buy pen tyre with transparent liquid. it will form an sticky additonal material on ur paint.

the problem with touch up paint is that it will form an uneven surface on top of original paint. it protrude up..and look abit ugly.

45 minutes ago, Terence2112 said:

Quick check, based on the latest price list from TEK. MZ6 executive is priced at 120k. Do TEK give further discounts when I visit the showroom? How Low can the MZ6 go for? Thanks 

We booked a MZ6 executive last week at the mazda showroom for list price minus 6k. So it was for about 114k.

Edited by Skitzo87

On 9/25/2020 at 8:33 AM, Terence2112 said:

Quick check, based on the latest price list from TEK. MZ6 executive is priced at 120k. Do TEK give further discounts when I visit the showroom? How Low can the MZ6 go for? Thanks 

Hi Terence,

There is demo std version going for 99k if willing to forgo goodies of executive version .. just 200 km before covid 19.

Good luck !

Richard

• Praise 2

Hi Mzd6 owners

Not sure if anyone experienced similar things. After 2 years enjoying the new Mzd6 exe recently I notice the metallic ticking sound undercarriage, near exhaustive system after parking the car and turn the engine off (typically after normal drive around 20’ or more). Checked with TEK during my servicing they didn’t identify any problems and said this was just the normal metallic parts contraction because of the heat after driving

Googled it, and it seems to be the case and it meant nothing to be worried about. However some suggested might be the problem with the cat converter?

Trust TEK for now but it’s quite annoying to hear the noise. Perhaps wait for next service and will ask TEK to specifically look at cat converter ?

Do you ever experience this prob, either with your Mzd6  or other drives? And any suggestion for a reliable outside workshop for this?

Thanks

Neutral Newbie

The ticking noise is metal expansion and then contraction due to heat. Prevalent in almost all standard engines. More prevalent when you're done driving pretty hard due to higher temps. 

2 hours ago, syumassh said:

The ticking noise is metal expansion and then contraction due to heat. Prevalent in almost all standard engines. More prevalent when you're done driving pretty hard due to higher temps. 

if that is true,

can hear from inside the car I guess that is not acceptable.. 

this is Mazda 6, not some thin metal perodua kancil..

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
4 hours ago, Contipro said:

if that is true,

can hear from inside the car I guess that is not acceptable.. 

this is Mazda 6, not some thin metal perodua kancil..

Of course buddy, if you can hear from inside then yah it’s odd and abit loud. I’m referring to sounds you hear when outside the car.

if you’ve driven for many years I’m sure most people have heard this expansion and contraction sound. This is considered normal, just like abit of condensation under the car due to aircon. 

On 10/3/2020 at 6:02 PM, K3123456 said:

Hi Mzd6 owners

Not sure if anyone experienced similar things. After 2 years enjoying the new Mzd6 exe recently I notice the metallic ticking sound undercarriage, near exhaustive system after parking the car and turn the engine off (typically after normal drive around 20’ or more). Checked with TEK during my servicing they didn’t identify any problems and said this was just the normal metallic parts contraction because of the heat after driving

Googled it, and it seems to be the case and it meant nothing to be worried about. However some suggested might be the problem with the cat converter?

Trust TEK for now but it’s quite annoying to hear the noise. Perhaps wait for next service and will ask TEK to specifically look at cat converter ?

Do you ever experience this prob, either with your Mzd6  or other drives? And any suggestion for a reliable outside workshop for this?

Thanks

You heard it from outside or inside car? 
I experienced it after park the car, I hear it outside the car. Sent to TEK, the mechanic told me it’s normal without any checks. 
Anyway it’s no more metallic ticking sound after replace aftermarket exhaust muffler. 

On 9/16/2020 at 5:25 AM, howdeepisyourlove127 said:

1. It’s common issue for Mazda 6, easy to claim warranty if send in TEK assume your car is 2 years old car and still under warranty, no question ask. 
2.you can consider buy from TaoBao or Carousell about $150, and find a workshop to install about $60 which is cheaper alternative. If direct buy from workshop which definitely cost a bit more about $350; 

3. can get it from TEK about $20 or SPC about $10 plus. 

It is outside the car, after car is parked and engine off. This is very near exhaust. Not too loud but if you kind of near the trunk or sitting down near the rear wheel, you can hear it. 

Anyway, it seems normal but will check with TEK again on any potential solution. It is just annoying.

Hi all. Mazda 6 2.0 executive is currently priced 114k. Camry hybrid pi is priced around there, maybe a few k higher. 

Prices both about same.

One is 2.0 /road tax 1200ish, one is 2.5/rd tax 1600ish 

FC definitely Camry better. Which one will you choose? 

↡ Advertisement