MAZDA 6

Voxy28

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, I got a question regarding about current mazda 6 led headlight. I read online that the bulb can't be replace as a single unit as it's a integrated unit.Do we really need to go back to TEK to fix it ? Thanks alot for the help. 

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged
6 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

Hi guys, I got a question regarding about current mazda 6 led headlight. I read online that the bulb can't be replace as a single unit as it's a integrated unit.Do we really need to go back to TEK to fix it ? Thanks alot for the help. 

If yours are either Halogen or HID,can be change outside,if LED..then only AD.

Neutral Newbie

@ER-3682 😆 it's still working haha I'm just curious about how this led light system works. As my previous car all use bulb and I change it myself but this my first car that come with led. So I'm confused how do I changed it if its not working. Went to google about it they say can't change ownself need to bring back to TEK. But I really can't believe that this led light will last for 10 years ! 😂

1 hour ago, Lancer1 said:

@ER-3682 😆 it's still working haha I'm just curious about how this led light system works. As my previous car all use bulb and I change it myself but this my first car that come with led. So I'm confused how do I changed it if its not working. Went to google about it they say can't change ownself need to bring back to TEK. But I really can't believe that this led light will last for 10 years ! 😂

need to change the whole headlight assembly

(edited)
2 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

@ferrytales I guess that's the bad point about led headlamp. Nice but not user friendly 😂

Hi,

Believe HongYu at turf club can repair led but guess will be a pair if you wish for exact color.

A pair of led headlight even bought from stockist can be 2k or more.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Neutral Newbie

@richard_crl032 

5 minutes ago, richard_crl032 said:

Hi,

Believe HongYu at turf club can repair led but guess will be a pair if you wish for exact color.

A pair of led headlight even bought from stocklist can be 2k or more.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard thanks alot for the info ! Really useful information just in case my headlight or taillight gone case I know who to look for ! You guys are awesome ! Lucky there's this forum for me to join so that I can know more! Really thanks alot guys ! Appreciate it whatsapp group chat still full huh ? 😂

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

@richard_crl032 

Hi Richard thanks alot for the info ! Really useful information just in case my headlight or taillight gone case I know who to look for ! You guys are awesome ! Lucky there's this forum for me to join so that I can know more! Really thanks alot guys ! Appreciate it whatsapp group chat still full huh ? 😂

Hi Lancer1,

Mazda6 is driven my my wife and I did not join any group to intro you unfortunately. 🙏

Cheers.

Richard

Neutral Newbie
43 minutes ago, richard_crl032 said:

Hi Lancer1,

Mazda6 is driven my my wife and I did not join any group to intro you unfortunately. 🙏

Cheers.

Richard

Still gotta thanks you for recommending me workshop for led headlight repair ! Thank you once again ! 👍🏼

• Praise 1

I am in the market of a D segment car and after test driving the 2.0L Mazda 6, I fell in love with its interior and driving. I did not manage to push it much though since the SE prohibited test driving on the highway.

However, what struck me as odd is how much cheaper the Mazda is compared to its competitors ie the Accord and Camry. I test drove the Accord as well and the driving came across as, how would I say it - lifeless. Its like driving on a Playstation while sitting on a very plush sofa. The interior was spacious and has a largely similar luxurious feel. There was no Camry available, the SE informed that the previous version is no longer on sale and the upcoming version is only available in July.

In other markets, the Mazda is a close competitor in terms of price, but in Singapore, it is so much lower that it made me a little suspicious - the too good to be true kind of feeling. I understand that Toyota and Honda has years of reputation to back it up, but the price difference seems to big to make up for that. The Accord is at 170k, and the M6 is at 130k.

For the other segments, eg Mazda 3 vs Altis vs Civic, or the Mazda 2 vs Vios vs City, the price disparity is much smaller and more competitive. Anyone knows why is that?

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, arataka said:

I am in the market of a D segment car and after test driving the 2.0L Mazda 6, I fell in love with its interior and driving. I did not manage to push it much though since the SE prohibited test driving on the highway.

However, what struck me as odd is how much cheaper the Mazda is compared to its competitors ie the Accord and Camry. I test drove the Accord as well and the driving came across as, how would I say it - lifeless. Its like driving on a Playstation while sitting on a very plush sofa. The interior was spacious and has a largely similar luxurious feel. There was no Camry available, the SE informed that the previous version is no longer on sale and the upcoming version is only available in July.

In other markets, the Mazda is a close competitor in terms of price, but in Singapore, it is so much lower that it made me a little suspicious - the too good to be true kind of feeling. I understand that Toyota and Honda has years of reputation to back it up, but the price difference seems to big to make up for that. The Accord is at 170k, and the M6 is at 130k.

For the other segments, eg Mazda 3 vs Altis vs Civic, or the Mazda 2 vs Vios vs City, the price disparity is much smaller and more competitive. Anyone knows why is that?

First of all, it’s a Mazda 6 not M6 (BMW).

For the Accord, it would come to life when you have a chance to push it. That is where the difference between the two would be more apparent.

And the reason for the price difference is very simple. Kah Motors have overpriced the Accord. The Mazda 6 is a platform that is almost 9 years old.

• Haha! 2

Twincharged
9 hours ago, arataka said:

Mazda 6 OMV very low...Honda Accord very High.

10 hours ago, arataka said:

If you have time, read all the 300 over pages of discussion. Bro Richard gave excellent feedback and input previously

My view is that mazda 6 is value for money if you are looking for size and interior comfort, if you are looking for drive such as stepping the gas from 0-60km/hr , noise, fuel efficiency, infosystem etc then other cars may be better. so its a compromise and choice. 

• Praise 3

Mazda 6 OMV - 23k plus 

Honda Accord OMV - 34k plus.

If you want a similiar type, can try Opel insignia. Am driving one and it’s much longer and spacious then the MZ6 and Accord. And has a Sportback boot for easy loading/unloading. 

15 hours ago, Newbie26 said:

If you have time, read all the 300 over pages of discussion. Bro Richard gave excellent feedback and input previously

My view is that mazda 6 is value for money if you are looking for size and interior comfort, if you are looking for drive such as stepping the gas from 0-60km/hr , noise, fuel efficiency, infosystem etc then other cars may be better. so its a compromise and choice. 

If you want a faster M6, there is the 2.5L - I am driving the wagon, quite fast for me especially in Sports mode. Noise level is subjective, compared to my wife's Lexus its definitely not as quiet but for my day to day commute I got use to it. Fuel efficiency is about 10km/L for my 2.5L wagon and my colleague is getting 12km/L for her 2.0L sedan - again compared to my old Alfa 159, this is way better. The Bose  system is quite good but for M6 add your own active sub as that system is missing the low end bass. I upgraded to the Android Auto as I have the older 2018 model, I heard the newer models have the wireless Android Auto - need to confirm this. Only missing thing for me is the wireless charger but I am nitpicking here.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Just to check......if normal drain and fill of the Mazda 6 ATF oil, how many litres will it used?

I know the full capacity of the transmission is around 7-8 litres, so I would think a drain and fill is around half of that.

Am I right or am I way off?

Edited by Icedbs
↡ Advertisement