MAZDA 6

Voxy28

Twincharged
7 hours ago, Icedbs said:

Just to check......if normal drain and fill of the Mazda 6 ATF oil, how many litres will it used?

I know the full capacity of the transmission is around 7-8 litres, so I would think a drain and fill is around half of that.

Am I right or am I way off?

About 3.5 Litres..

↡ Advertisement

On 5/20/2021 at 11:28 AM, arataka said:

I am in the market of a D segment car and after test driving the 2.0L Mazda 6, I fell in love with its interior and driving. I did not manage to push it much though since the SE prohibited test driving on the highway.

However, what struck me as odd is how much cheaper the Mazda is compared to its competitors ie the Accord and Camry. I test drove the Accord as well and the driving came across as, how would I say it - lifeless. Its like driving on a Playstation while sitting on a very plush sofa. The interior was spacious and has a largely similar luxurious feel. There was no Camry available, the SE informed that the previous version is no longer on sale and the upcoming version is only available in July.

In other markets, the Mazda is a close competitor in terms of price, but in Singapore, it is so much lower that it made me a little suspicious - the too good to be true kind of feeling. I understand that Toyota and Honda has years of reputation to back it up, but the price difference seems to big to make up for that. The Accord is at 170k, and the M6 is at 130k.

For the other segments, eg Mazda 3 vs Altis vs Civic, or the Mazda 2 vs Vios vs City, the price disparity is much smaller and more competitive. Anyone knows why is that?

Few months ago, mz6 was only 95k++

Mz6 value for money, decent FC and quite chio both interior n exterior. Accord n Camry r seriously over price n both made in Thailand somemore

• Praise 1

Twincharged
9 hours ago, Kia7200 said:

Few months ago, mz6 was only 95k++

Mz6 value for money, decent FC and quite chio both interior n exterior. Accord n Camry r seriously over price n both made in Thailand somemore

Mazda is direct Export to Agent,i think Honda & Toyota,need to go thru a ''middleman'' like Mercedes Benz & BMW.

2 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

Mazda is direct Export to Agent,i think Honda & Toyota,need to go thru a ''middleman'' like Mercedes Benz & BMW.

You see how many Mazda 6 there are on the road compared to Camry and Accord combined (current models). They are priced so high it’s at a crossover point with entry level contis. 

• Praise 1

Supercharged

They just stopped selling Mazda6 current model in North America.

With no new model announced globally for last 9 years it looks like they may eventually pull the plug from this mid-sized sedan market totally.

Believe most of their current global sales are from CX-5/CX-8 and CX-30. Even new Mazda3 sedan also not selling well

(edited)
On 5/22/2021 at 1:19 PM, Westin said:

Mazda will always be the lead in Japanese car. Only thing, they need to come out with faster cars..

No use if they dun offer here  ... 2018 mazda 6 also has 2.5 turbo 250 bhp version. Fast enuff I believe to drive confidently and as such, comfortably ?

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Think its the pricing. If they priced it at 130k for the mazda 6 turbo.. it should sell like hot cakes. 

Twincharged
4 hours ago, Westin said:

Think its the pricing. If they priced it at 130k for the mazda 6 turbo.. it should sell like hot cakes. 

If COE is $10,000,& no CEV of $15,000,this is the selling Price.

If only Tek would bring in... even the skyactiv x engine... they only bring in limited units and priced the cx 30 at $150k for the engine... how to compete with the conti? Which uses turbo charged engine and priced lower.. e.g. skoda..

• Praise 1

Thanks so much to everyone for your insights. After further test drives of various cars including the Mazda 6 again (both 2.0 and 2.5), I have arrived at the conclusion that there is no other car in the market that offers this much value for my criteria. In order: Safety (5-star NCAP), Size (cars with lots of legroom), Reliability, Driving, Comfort 

Now I am facing a new dilemma, choosing a new 2.0L or a resale 2.5L. I know I should not be asking the internet for advice, but after some serious number crunching and days of scouring forums and guides, I am no closer to a decision.

The 2nd hand 2.5L I have shortlisted is about 1.5 years old. Through a back to back test drive of both the 2.0L and 2.5L, the 2.5L is noticeably but not significantly more "syiok" to drive. The pickup and acceleration is more punchy and the engine sound is more muted (since less revs needed to reach the same speed). The sunroof and ventilated car seats although nice, is not a major factor.

Importantly, I worked out the cost per annum of both cars to be statistically identical after accounting for depreciation to 10 years, interest, road tax and estimated fuel consumption. Which means that the resale has got better value for money.

Since this is my first car and after hearing the horror stories of 2nd hand dealers, I am quite wary of buying a resale car. It might be irrational, because I should be covered by TEK warranty for the first year of ownership right? For my peace of mind, the dealer suggested an STA Inspection to verify accident free status as well. Does anyone have any advice or experience of dealing with a resale car dealer? Any key things to look out for?

Also, I was wondering - since the 2.5L has already experienced a significant depreciation of value during its first 2 years (about 30-35%), would that also reduce my "losses" when I sell the car in 5 years as compared to buying a new 2.0L?

Sigh... how to decide... take resale risk for better drive or buy new car for peace of mind? New car can choose colour somemore.

On 5/22/2021 at 3:01 PM, t0y0ta said:

They just stopped selling Mazda6 current model in North America.

With no new model announced globally for last 9 years it looks like they may eventually pull the plug from this mid-sized sedan market totally.

Believe most of their current global sales are from CX-5/CX-8 and CX-30. Even new Mazda3 sedan also not selling well

I called my SE on this and he informed that this only applies to the NA market. Asian market is unaffected and Mazda6 will continue production for the foreseeable future. So no worries for parts and maintenance.

I am actually quite excited on the new 2022/2023 Mazda 6 which is supposed a massive revamp with RWD instead.

6 hours ago, arataka said:

Thanks so much to everyone for your insights. After further test drives of various cars including the Mazda 6 again (both 2.0 and 2.5), I have arrived at the conclusion that there is no other car in the market that offers this much value for my criteria. In order: Safety (5-star NCAP), Size (cars with lots of legroom), Reliability, Driving, Comfort 

Now I am facing a new dilemma, choosing a new 2.0L or a resale 2.5L. I know I should not be asking the internet for advice, but after some serious number crunching and days of scouring forums and guides, I am no closer to a decision.

The 2nd hand 2.5L I have shortlisted is about 1.5 years old. Through a back to back test drive of both the 2.0L and 2.5L, the 2.5L is noticeably but not significantly more "syiok" to drive. The pickup and acceleration is more punchy and the engine sound is more muted (since less revs needed to reach the same speed). The sunroof and ventilated car seats although nice, is not a major factor.

Importantly, I worked out the cost per annum of both cars to be statistically identical after accounting for depreciation to 10 years, interest, road tax and estimated fuel consumption. Which means that the resale has got better value for money.

Since this is my first car and after hearing the horror stories of 2nd hand dealers, I am quite wary of buying a resale car. It might be irrational, because I should be covered by TEK warranty for the first year of ownership right? For my peace of mind, the dealer suggested an STA Inspection to verify accident free status as well. Does anyone have any advice or experience of dealing with a resale car dealer? Any key things to look out for?

Also, I was wondering - since the 2.5L has already experienced a significant depreciation of value during its first 2 years (about 30-35%), would that also reduce my "losses" when I sell the car in 5 years as compared to buying a new 2.0L?

Sigh... how to decide... take resale risk for better drive or buy new car for peace of mind? New car can choose colour somemore.

My personal feeling is PI camry might be better in terms of value for money... 

But still mazda 6 is great too if you prefer AD. 

@arataka I went through the same dilemma when I was doing my research on the 2 variants of Mazda 6 I will be purchasing.

To me, it boils down to 3 main factor

1. Depreciation
The model that I like is the 2.5l wagon but that costs more than what I am willing to pay for. Although it looks nice and boot space is great, it doesn't justify the extra costs for me (based on my usage) to get the wagon. I play golf and the sedan can easily fit 2 golf bags.

2. Road Tax
This is negligible as part of the cost of ownership, but during my cost/benefit analysis, it came out at the top 3.

3. Fuel Consumption
My parents stays in the western part of SG and I stay at the East. I drive a considerable distance regularly (>60km to and fro per trip) and find that the even though travelling longer distances the FC is lower, but it still adds up in the longer term. I also notice that I don't usually drive above 100km/h as there is just too many cars on the PIE. The 2.0l sedan's power is adequate for the long drive even when there is a need to overtake (Although more power might increase the fun factor).

15 hours ago, arataka said:

Hi,

You care about driveability of the 2.5 ?

Sounds like you do not.

Take new 2.0 then ..  1st owner, color choice, full warranty, lower road tax, lower FC .. easier to sell and zero chance of heartache with resale car shop and salesman.

Cheers.

Richard

• Praise 1

Supersonic
16 hours ago, arataka said:

The resale 2.5L how much $ vs new 2.0L how $? 

17 hours ago, arataka said:

I am actually quite excited on the new 2022/2023 Mazda 6 which is supposed a massive revamp with RWD instead.

Unfortunately it seems like Mazda is targeting the premium segment with the new Mazda 6. Not a lot of people want to stomach the road tax for a 3.0l inline-6 Japanese car.

There is a rumour for 2.0l PHEV Mazda 6 variant, so maybe this is what we may get instead.

@arataka Since owning cost is identical, I would go for the 2.5 given both are GL2 models. It would be a no brainer decision for me. You still have another 1.5yrs of AD warranty at least. Resale value of Mazda is not as great compared to the other 2 more popular Japs brand so the 2.5 would have already taken a beat from the first owner.

Coming from an AR and Civic turbo previously, 2L is a tad sluggish on pickup. Cruising no issue.

Hope you'll make an informed decision. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1