MAZDA 6

Voxy28

People buying the audi badge lo, even Q2 cannot make it?! Lol.

Hi 13177,

Indeed and I nearly became one cos CO wanted to try conti but good also cmi.

Out yesterday with 2 elder kids back from perth for holiday and together with youngest one still in Singapore in the mazda 6 instead of my forester xt in audio shop .. my wife also say lucky din get Q2 or even A3 .. Q2 rear seat cannot even hold by 1.78m frame and A1 will be worse.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi 13177,

Out yesterday with 2 elder kids back from perth for holiday and together with youngest one still in Singapore in the mazda 6 instead of my forester xt in audio shop .. my wife also say lucky din get Q2 or even A3 .. Q2 rear seat cannot even hold by 1.78m frame and A1 will be worse.

Cheers.

Richard

Good that you have open up your option on non conti cars la, and not only chase after the car badge regardless whether the car can make it or not.

Hi 13177,

Cheers.

Richard

to be fair, a3 and q2 are meant to be small cars. no point comparing their interior space to mz6. 

can mz2 take 1.78m tall adult at the back?

Yes I do know some high end korean and jap makes have such features (btw I was referring to auto rain closing windows, not wipers) but even low end contis (higher trims as mentioned) have them. Lower trims may need software tweaking, but if it can be tweaked, it's capable.

Useful or not is subjective. Adaptive headlights are useful and good ones will be seamless you won't even noticed it activated as you drive. Proven safety feature like airbags (min 6.) is a must, others I just hope others have them all and they work.

Mazda 6 is a great looking and vfm car, that's about it, but not to the point it outclasses, that's my point.

Cheers

Really, need to compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges.

If not for the recent price drop for Skoda Superb and the VW Passat, you will be hard-pressed to find a Conti-make large family sedan at the price-point of the Mz6 Executive. Rewind 5 months ago, the Skoda Superb 2.0 L & K trim was going for $150k thereabouts. I was looking hard at this car as I was looking at a family sedan at that point.

Assuming you could even find one, many of the features are paid options (in particular the more "premium" conti brands) as opposed to it being a standard feature. After topping up for the options such that it has a comparable feature-set with the Mz6 Executive, the price would, again, exceed that of the Mz6 Executive.

So yes, I agree that there are certain aspects where a Mz6 cannot match up to a Conti (e.g solidity, etc). But really, like you said, it's good VFM and really gives the Contis a good run for their money.

We can agree on that.

Edited by DK3410

to be fair, a3 and q2 are meant to be small cars. no point comparing their interior space to mz6.

can mz2 take 1.78m tall adult at the back?

Hi SZ,

Oh no .. just comparing the results of decision made both ways.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Sdf,

Indeed but I also went back to test drove the 1.4 version since no brainer at just sgd5k more ... better pick up than the 1.0 version of course but all else the same.

Q2 really cmi with its noisy, stiff and bumpy ride .. much worse than forester with A3 being betta

Cheers.

Richard

If u can accept Skoda brand, the Octavia VRS is hard to beat in this price range
  • Praise 2

If u can accept Skoda brand, the Octavia VRS is hard to beat in this price range

It's a nice car. Though my heart goes more to the Superb.

5 months ago, I was looking at the large family sedans:

1) Toyota Camry 2.5L

2) Mazda 6 2.5L

3) Skoda Superb (The L & K)

4) VW Passat (the 2.0 turbo)

5 months ago, the price of the Camry 2.5 was pretty much the same as the Skoda so it was a no-go for me. VW scared me off by having so many close friends, colleagues have problems with their DSG. So it pretty much was down to 2) and 3). Picked 2) in the end for some spare change in pocket and easier availability of servicing and spare parts (given the sheer number of Mz3s out there...).

Fast-forward to today, the prices for 3) and 4) are now looking super duper attractive. I'd probably still not touch the VW. But Skoda Superb L & K... Damn...

Anyway... Just an interesting video I saw online...

• Praise 1

Hi Guys ! Im new here in search of feedback of 2018 mazda 6

I heard standard 2.0 has no heads up display ? 

Don't have better,alot of Problem with the HUD. [furious]  [bigcry]  [thumbsdown]

• Praise 1

Hi Guys ! Im new here in search of feedback of 2018 mazda 6

I heard standard 2.0 has no heads up display ?

Nope. This feature is only available for executive and luxury trims.

Don't have better,alot of Problem with the HUD. [furious][bigcry][thumbsdown]

Have been hearing good feedbacks about the hud. What problems are u facing may I ask? Edited by thesoul
  • Praise 1

should i get the standard or the executive ? just wondering 

Depends on what you're after and what's your budget.

Richard previously posted the added features in the Executive vs the Standard.

Alright, however was told by the sales person if I were to book one now I would have to wait till Feb at least

Common. It is hot cake now.

Nope. This feature is only available for executive and luxury trims.

Have been hearing good feedbacks about the hud. What problems are u facing may I ask?

Many Cases after 2-3 Hours under the Sun,cannot open or close...

Many Cases after 2-3 Hours under the Sun,cannot open or close...

I thought that only applies to the Mz3?

The HUD on the Mz6 is the projected onto windscreen type, similar to the one seen in the new Prius.

↡ Advertisement