MAZDA 6

Voxy28

I thought that only applies to the Mz3?

The HUD on the Mz6 is the projected onto windscreen type, similar to the one seen in the new Prius.

Not sure of the latest,but the earlier batches...are a piece of Plastic poping up,according to my Chat Group.

↡ Advertisement

If u can accept Skoda brand, the Octavia VRS is hard to beat in this price range

Skoda is really acquired taste. No disrespect to any skoda owners here.

no doubt 245 hp is very tempting but the design inside and outside is just.........tough

• Praise 3

Not sure of the latest,but the earlier batches...are a piece of Plastic poping up,according to my Chat Group.

Yes, the older Mz6 also used the plastic pop-up piece. But that should've been revised since the last FL (the ones they were clearing prior to arrival of the new 2018 FL model).

The new Mz6 now uses projection for the HUD already, comparable to the contis. This improves visibility and reduces the time needed for the eye to re-focus. This is also available on the new Prius.

• Praise 1

Yes, the older Mz6 also used the plastic pop-up piece. But that should've been revised since the last FL (the ones they were clearing prior to arrival of the new 2018 FL model).

The new Mz6 now uses projection for the HUD already, comparable to the contis. This improves visibility and reduces the time needed for the eye to re-focus. This is also available on the new Prius.

You are correct. The new mz6 is using projection hence a name called - its called active driving display instead of HUD.

You can even adjust the height of the display according to the video below.

• Praise 1

Greetings All

New Mz6 owner here. Will be sending ride for 1k km servicing soon. What will be done during the service and how long will it take (from personal experience)?

• Praise 1

Greetings All

New Mz6 owner here. Will be sending ride for 1k km servicing soon. What will be done during the service and how long will it take (from personal experience)?

Vary from 3h to one whole day.

You are correct. The new mz6 is using projection hence a name called - its called active driving display instead of HUD.

You can even adjust the height of the display according to the video below.

Just realised i cant insert any link lol Edited by thesoul

Greetings All

I just did mine recently also. Seems like 1k km is just some visual checks and clean up inside and outside the car, it did take me about 3 hours. Reached about 9 and got the car at 12. Went to queensway shopping for laksa and walked around. 

Some folks brought their laptop to just see show while waiting

• Praise 1

I just did mine recently also. Seems like 1k km is just some visual checks and clean up inside and outside the car, it did take me about 3 hours. Reached about 9 and got the car at 12. Went to queensway shopping for laksa and walked around.

Took me from 5pm to 10pm to do 1k servicing. 5k took me 2 to 3hr without car wash. However they damaged my car cam. So next day had to return to fix it. That took me half day again with car wash. Edited by Kenomi
  • Praise 1

Arrived! Going to install the door frame bottom part first.

Thanks again bro Richard! Good lobang!

post-129962-0-72025400-1545390917_thumb.jpeg

Edited by S2s1
  • Praise 2

Very easy to install.

Hi s2s1,

Cool !

For next bros fixing this door seal, you may want to cut it longer at the bottom to go over the tapered end and onto the lowest part .. albeit probably not critical .. dunno.

Bro s2s1 can probably still add the excess seal to this bottom lowest part but not sure how well it will hold up since already cut ... sorry I was not clear in initial share.

For the centre seal, pls adjust it for the highest portion to be about 3mm the stock seal of rear door rest on ... else opening rear door may flip its stock seal backward which will not be the best sealing. And yes, pls adjust placement and do not press down until top and bottom ia about mentioned 3mm cos this genuine 3M tape is quite strong but you can remove and reposition quite a few times.

Cheers.

Richard

Just realised i cant insert any link lol

Hi soul,

Start link with << and end with >> and your link should show.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 1

Hi s2s1,

Cool !

For next bros fixing this door seal, you may want to cut it longer at the bottom to go over the tapered end and onto the lowest part .. albeit probably not critical .. dunno.

Bro s2s1 can probably still add the excess seal to this bottom lowest part but not sure how well it will hold up since already cut ... sorry I was not clear in initial share.

For the centre seal, pls adjust it for the highest portion to be about 3mm the stock seal of rear door rest on ... else opening rear door may flip its stock seal backward which will not be the best sealing. And yes, pls adjust placement and do not press down until top and bottom ia about mentioned 3mm cos this genuine 3M tape is quite strong but you can remove and reposition quite a few times.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard,

For the bottom door seal, I fix them along the rear door metal and tried to cover as much as possible. The most top and bottom metal is slanted so I thought the rubber will be not fixed properly, so I stop at the slanted point.

For the top door seal, I do not understand. Do you mean we give 3mm allowance to the rear door stock seal?

Hi Richard,

For the bottom door seal, I fix them along the rear door metal and tried to cover as much as possible. The most top and bottom metal is slanted so I thought the rubber will be not fixed properly, so I stop at the slanted point.

For the top door seal, I do not understand. Do you mean we give 3mm allowance to the rear door stock seal?

Hi s2s1,

Greetings from the land of rubber seals and back next weekend to take photo to show cos hard to explain .. lol :)

Photo is the 2 storey mini house at Asakusa that me and family had been staying for last 4 days.

Cheers.

Richard

post-149594-0-41649900-1545524109_thumb.jpg

post-149594-0-29381900-1545524141_thumb.jpg

Edited by richard_crl032

really?..thought they would change the engine oil too.

• Praise 1

Most likely start ur engine to see if got defective indicators on the dashboard. Check ur current tyre air pressure & the spare one behind. Then finish with a simple wash (still dripping water on collection). No engine bay checks eg. Coolant topUp or oil change.
  • Praise 1

Hi bros,

Received and installed the door seal from Japan ... alleviated say 70% of the wind noise from behind front passenger and driver even with audio system switched off.

<<https://www.sendico.com/auction/search?q=%E9%9D%99%E9%9F%B3%E8%A8%88%E7%94%BB+%E3%82%A8%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A2%E3%83%B3+2652+&part_id=0>>

While the typical 2 layer rubber door seals are the same, the mazda design us less elaborate in letting wind into door void in the first place .. pls see photos where metal ledge does not all up all the way.

Btw, did not change eo at 1k service since indeed almost sgd200 and will do so at 5k then.

The engine of my mazda 2.0 exrcutive remains vocal and still the biggest source of noise especially with much less tyre noise with new michelin primacy 4 ST but less rough sounding at 1500km travelled.

Still deliberating if to proceed with 2nd installation of Dr. Artex Red Wind ... this time on the chassis rubber insulation .. it seems that it is not flat against the chassis and seems not useful for such design.

Cheers.

Richard

Will give it a try too!

1st oil change only at 10,000 km. 

• Praise 2

Hi s2s1,

Greetings from the land of rubber seals and back next weekend to take photo to show cos hard to explain .. lol :)

Photo is the 2 storey mini house at Asakusa that me and family had been staying for last 4 days.

Cheers.

Richard

No problem. Enjoy ur holiday!

Do u plan to visit Mazda museum? One bro from mz6 chat visited there.

↡ Advertisement