MAZDA 6

Voxy28

3 hours ago, andrewyewkc said:

Never ever connect any vacuum cleaners to the car battery.

I don't. I clean my car using my portable vacuum (which has its own battery).

At this point I'm at a loss as to why the battery is so short-lived.

Having said that, good pun. I assume it was intended.

Edited by DK3410
Understood the pun
↡ Advertisement

2 hours ago, DK3410 said:

Is your charging system working well? Like the alternator is working as intended?

check for current leakage? Like loose cabling connections etc?

also, are you using EFBs? If yes, maybe can share the brand? Amaron or varta seems like a reputable option. If not if you can spam cash, Bosch?

Neutral Newbie

Hello All, just to check, typically how much can you nego for M6? Am looking to get it.. thanks! 

Hows the FC like? 

Turbocharged
On 3/23/2020 at 9:33 AM, DK3410 said:

I don't think it is. Probably just an issue with the quality of the batteries they're using (in my opinion).

What else is sucking up the battery? Or is it an issue with battery quality?

Could be a faulty alternator that is not charging the battery. Can claim under warranty.

10 hours ago, GXY said:

Hello All, just to check, typically how much can you nego for M6? Am looking to get it.. thanks! 

Hows the FC like? 

2.0 can get 12-13km/L...2.5 11.5-12.5km/L....price wise depends on your bargaining Skill.

Neutral Newbie

Hey ER-3682, thanks for reverting! Right now Executive is about 103K. U think can get it at 95k? Hehe. FC is based on 50/50? 

Thanks bro!

Neutral Newbie
2 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

2.0 can get 12-13km/L...2.5 11.5-12.5km/L....price wise depends on your bargaining Skill.

Hey ER-3682, thanks for reverting! Right now Executive is about 103K. U think can get it at 95k? Hehe. FC is based on 50/50? 

Thanks bro!

• Praise 1

Twincharged
On 3/23/2020 at 3:44 PM, DK3410 said:

Did you mention if you have the car camera on in parking mode? If so, then it is the cause. 

9 hours ago, GXY said:

Thanks bro!

Yes 50% City,50% Highway...but also depends on your right Foot.

On 3/23/2020 at 9:33 AM, DK3410 said:

I don't think it is. Probably just an issue with the quality of the batteries they're using (in my opinion).

I don't know about other Mazda 6 owners here, but compared with my previous rides, the battery life of my present Mazda 6 is awfully short (1 yr 5 months). My i-Stop is turned off 99% of the time (it's reflex to turn it off after starting the engine these days), but if my understanding is correct, i-Stop actually doesn't consume that much battery power (warm starts vs cold starts).

So it's back to the question asked by other owners:
What else is sucking up the battery? Or is it an issue with battery quality?

Mine lasted 1 year 7 months for the 2.5L wagon - agree with the fact that the stock batteries are not good. Changed to maintenance free type last Oct, let's see how long this one last.

6 hours ago, Dna_engine said:

Mine lasted 1 year 7 months for the 2.5L wagon - agree with the fact that the stock batteries are not good. Changed to maintenance free type last Oct, let's see how long this one last.

Don''t expect to last longer,avg 17-18 Months.

On 3/29/2020 at 6:04 AM, ER-3682 said:

Don''t expect to last longer,avg 17-18 Months.

Really? Wow this will be as short as the Alfa 159 I use to have - 18 months at best. My wife’s NX200T had a battery change at 2.5 years. Any idea why the M6 is that short.? Any harm using a a larger battery in the M6 - my battery shop gave me a slight larger battery?

8 hours ago, Dna_engine said:

Really? Wow this will be as short as the Alfa 159 I use to have - 18 months at best. My wife’s NX200T had a battery change at 2.5 years. Any idea why the M6 is that short.? Any harm using a a larger battery in the M6 - my battery shop gave me a slight larger battery?

No idea,some said is the In Car Camera,some said is the i-Stop,i think my Chat group,someone did put a bigger Battery,but no outcome yet,but make sure it is Q85 Battery.

• Praise 1

On 6/17/2019 at 1:23 PM, richard_crl032 said:

Hi Kenomi,

Nope .. I had both.

1.2 is quieter when pushed while mazda 6 can be harsh but no doubt mazda 6 is quicker if pushed.

The rush of the torque when 1.2l is maxed out gives the feeling of it going fast but it goes flat empty after that.

I had the qashqai 1.2 for almost 2 yrs and the mazda 6 since Oct 2018.

Btw, heavy footed me get 10-11km/l for the qashqai 1.2l compared to 12-13km/l for the mazda 6 ... even though preferring a high riding SUV, I did not miss the qashqai 1.2 ... hold out for new releases in UK are already 1.3 turbo with dual clutch which I would seriously watch out if ok since new and front renault for petrol ones:

https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/nissan/qashqai-0

Cheers.

Richard

Test drive the CX-30 and please pressure them to bring in the SkyActiv X engine.

On 8/4/2019 at 7:02 AM, kevinpolk said:

As reported by Carlitus about 2020 Mazda6, they said it will setup with SkyActiv-X. What you think? 

I don't really sure about this. But, I'm sure this vehicle will equip with the latest engine of Mazda.

SkyActiv-X is their latest engine: 2.0L.  They are planning this tech for other engines as well.  But sadly Singapore may not see this engine yet.  Please put pressure on the dealer to bring in this engine option soon.

On 9/18/2019 at 3:03 AM, kevinpolk said:

Hi, I'm to this forum.

I want to verify the news with you guys.
What engine will new Mazda6 use? Skyactiv-X or D?

I just found an article on Google that next-gen will use Skyactiv-D?

Source:

https://www.mazdausa.com/mazda6-signature-skyactivd

https://www.carlitus.net/2020-mazda-6/

Most here are Skyactiv-G.   The Skyactiv X is their newest super engine but it is only available in Europe on the CX 30 and Mz3.  Go ask TEK when Singapore will catch up with this.

On 12/11/2019 at 10:45 PM, GTO-1 said:

If my understanding of oil ratings is correct the rating really determines the viscosity range of the oil at cold ambient temperatures and operating temp. The lower number represents viscosity in winter and the higher number represents viscosity at operating temp. 

The problems arise when during cold temps (ie winter), the oil isn't thin enough to lubricate the engine parts, so 0w-20 is important because at cold temps it's still thin enough to coat the engine parts. 

The thing is, the lower winter temperatures are rated at something like -25 degC, which is way below what we get in SG.  So theoretically, 5w-40 is actually fine for the engine rated for oil that is 0w-20, because the ambient temperature of Sg means the oil will still be thin enough to operate. 

Don't get me wrong, you should always follow the manufacturers specifications, but the theory says its fine. 

Take a look at this diagram to give you an idea. 

SAE_Viscocity.png

Yes, the ratings indicate the viscosity of the oil.  And the lower number is not relevant in Singapore because I cannot remember the last time we had winter.  The higher number is relevant to Singapore's climate.  The higher the number the more viscous (or thicker) the oil.  Hence the 0W-20 oil is thinner, more efficient for the engine (slightly more power and slightly better FC) but being a thinner oil it will breakdown sooner.  Hence the need to change more regularly.  This is why for 0W-20, you should use a good synthetic oil.  The other oil 5W-40 is thicker and hence less energy efficient. But it will last longer.  It will not damage the engine.  And you can use a longer interval for oil changes.

16 hours ago, Dna_engine said:

Typically car batteries should last at least 1 year.  18 months is usual but some better brands can last 2 years.  It also depends on whether you do lots of short trips, in-car camera running when you are parked, and other factors.  

The i-Stop feature is only a minor factor.  When the engine re-starts from an i-stop it uses only a small fraction of the battery charge when compared to a normal start.  The system has a large electrical capacitor which stores the energy harvested from the braking.  This energy is not available in a normal start.

I drive a 2016 Mazda 6 and I leave my i-stop on all the time.  My original battery lasted slightly more than 2 years.

TEK wanted too much money for a replacement battery so I went looking around for a 3rd party replacement.

Guidelines:

1.  Must be a EFB (Q85) or AGM battery.

2.  Look for a capacity of at least 65 A=Hr (higher is better)

3.  A cold crank current (CCA) of at least 60A.

4.  Less than $200.

5. Professional workshop - ask them what they are going to do to prevent your radio settings and clock from being reset.  Some workshops leave the engine running while the battery is changed but this is RISKY.

6. Make sure the battery can easily fit into the battery compartment.

7. Check the date of manufacture of the battery.  A fresh one will last longer.

I ended up buying a Varta Silver Dynamic (make sure it is made in Germany).  But there are other good brand available.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2