MAZDA 6

Voxy28

Any bros changed their cabin light to led ones?

When the lights switch is of there seems to be a mild light when in accessory mode or when engine is on.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Saw some recent renders of the next version on both Chinese and German social media. 

The sketches are quite convincing. Like the quad exhaust though.

AAB6743B-043C-432C-BA25-711761DC4D09.jpeg

D276606D-813B-412A-A0C3-1EBE12013C31.jpeg

Edited by Davidklt
  • Praise 1

On 5/19/2020 at 11:36 AM, Golfiekid said:

Hey folks,

Gotten a new Mazda 6 in Q3 2018, and the overall drive and feel have been above expectation considering the purchased price.  

Checking on battery: 

I read from the past posts that the stock batt usually last about 18 months.

If for e.g. the i-Stop amber light (not green) appeared on Sat (16 May), and it had not appeared in the past few days when the car was driven,  do I need to be concerned with the batt?  

Thanks. 

If possible, standby a battery jump starter in your car.just in case.

I intend to replace the tyres for my 2-year old Mazda 6 standard. Would like to seek advice whether to replace them at Mazda service centre using the complimentary service vouchers or at a workshop outside. Would like to know if the cost saving is substantial by going to a outside workshop, and what tyre brand is good for less noise. Also which are the workshops that you have good experience with. Thanks

Twincharged
1 hour ago, retiredman said:

I intend to replace the tyres for my 2-year old Mazda 6 standard. Would like to seek advice whether to replace them at Mazda service centre using the complimentary service vouchers or at a workshop outside. Would like to know if the cost saving is substantial by going to a outside workshop, and what tyre brand is good for less noise. Also which are the workshops that you have good experience with. Thanks

Outside is Cheaper...Less  Noise...get Bridgestone GR100.

3 hours ago, retiredman said:

Try Yokohama BlueEarth-GT...

23 hours ago, retiredman said:

I replaced my tyres about 7 months ago with  Michelin Primacy 4  (225/55R17 101W XL).  It has a very good tyre noise rating.  Check out EU tyre ratings on the manufacturer's European websites for fuel efficiency, wet grip and noise. Another very good choice is Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3   (225/55R17  101W  XL); but this was not available in Singapore when I asked.  Its EU label rating is the same as the Michelin.

Note that the tyre ratings are specific to the tyre size and you should check these before deciding.  Also, check the tyre's year of manufacture.  If more than 1 year old, ask for more discount.

I think  I would prefer to buy tires which are made this year...  rather ask for more discount for tires manufactured over a year ago... but of course if you must have that tire brand then it's worth getting a hefty discount cos the tire lifespan is counting down on the shelf...

• Praise 1

On 5/20/2020 at 1:07 PM, Golfiekid said:

All done.

Confirmed, weak battery (>20 months). Got a new one. 

Thanks all who had commented. 

Hi,

mine similar issue also, Q4 2018 batch.

can share where u change and cost? can PM me if not convenient.

Thanks.

Neutral Newbie
On 5/31/2020 at 6:26 PM, retiredman said:

Vouchers - if I am you, between tyres and servicing, I will use them for servicing @Mazda. For all the debates and discussions I have read, within warranty period, I reckon it is better to go back to AD for servicing.  

Tyres - get it outside. I believe will be significantly cheaper. Using battery as an example, I had a significant cost save changing it outside.  

Cheers.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)
20 hours ago, Espire said:

Hi,

mine similar issue also, Q4 2018 batch.

can share where u change and cost? can PM me if not convenient.

Thanks.

Hey, 

Can get it done for <=$180. I got it changed at workshop, so no transport fees involved etc..

You google, and there are loads of options. Another chap in this thread gave a good summary of the required battery specs, so you may like to check that post out.

I am not sure if it is worth fretting over whether it is Korean made, Europe made, Taiwan made or China made. 

Edited by Golfiekid

Neutral Newbie

Hi Mazda 6 owners,

I have changed the 2019 Mazda 6 key fob battery with Maxell CR2025 lithium battery and somehow it can’t work. I can’t unlock the car doors and boots with this new battery. When I press any button on the key fob, there is red blinking light so I assume battery is working fine. 

Is battery brand an issue? The existing one is from Panasonic. 

Thanks in advance for any valuable feedbacks. 

5 hours ago, Davin said:

Hi Mazda 6 owners,

I have changed the 2019 Mazda 6 key fob battery with Maxell CR2025 lithium battery and somehow it can’t work. I can’t unlock the car doors and boots with this new battery. When I press any button on the key fob, there is red blinking light so I assume battery is working fine. 

Get another  new battery to try. I have a feeling that this new battery  is not so new

Twincharged
10 hours ago, Davin said:

Hi Mazda 6 owners,

Cannot be,take out & refit again.

Dear all, 

Need help.  

I recieved a sms with a link to download and update my free map as it is going to expire in July.

Should i wait for next servicing or do it myself. When it expires, will it still work?

Lastly, to proceed a login account is needed. Do we need to register a new one the first time?

↡ Advertisement