MAZDA 6

Voxy28

14 minutes ago, Lotr8445r said:

no, i have no idea what to ask except 2k discount. from the 11.11 sale list. I thought the 11k discount (from 100 yr anniversary) & 15k trade in discount is a big deal. Besides, from the premium shown  in sgcarmat for this car is 14% as compare other model like Superb at over 30%. So i decide just sign the deal.

After start reading back the older post from here, I realized I have made a big mistake without consider 1st. I just recall my previous Mazda3  purchase 15 yrs ago, i got 2k discount + additional 1 yr servicing voucher:(

I didnt know there is a chance of not getting the coe, as my previous mazda, i got it on 2nd bid with non guarantee. I already sign on for trade in my ride and, if forfeited due bidding failed, the penalty to get back my ride is 5k:(

Your price is already very good. Can't always get the best price (and you're not buying in 2018). In fact your depre is lower than the 2-3 year old resale listings on sgcarmart. 

On the 5k penalty on your trade in, you might as well top up for guaranteed if that happens. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

43 minutes ago, Lotr8445r said:

no, i have no idea what to ask except 2k discount. from the 11.11 sale list. I thought the 11k discount (from 100 yr anniversary) & 15k trade in discount is a big deal. Besides, from the premium shown  in sgcarmat for this car is 14% as compare other model like Superb at over 30%. So i decide just sign the deal - Due to the left over car color is limited and likely the color i have decided will gone soon if I dont grab.

After start reading back the older post here, I realized I have made a big mistake without consider 1st. I just recall my previous Mazda3  purchase 15 yrs ago, i got 2k discount + additional 1 yr servicing voucher:(

I didnt know there is a chance of not getting the coe, as my previous mazda, i got it on 2nd bid with non guarantee. I already sign on for trade in my ride and, if forfeited due bidding failed, the penalty on getting back my ride is 5k:(

Did you trade in to mazda? I thought if coe bidding fail, you need not trade in your car and no full refund on the booking fees. They will not charge on your trade in car isn't it?

1 hour ago, Kinco135 said:

Did you trade in to mazda? I thought if coe bidding fail, you need not trade in your car and no full refund on the booking fees. They will not charge on your trade in car isn't it?

Yes, I trade in to mazda. the trade in form indicate if anytime i want to back out, the penalty is 5k. So if i cant get my coe or they required me to topup for biding I will back out.

Besides, i read from earlier post the 6 bid guarantee is not a 100% guarantee too. in that case, what is the point to top up for guarantee?

I gotten mine in oct and the price then was higher..no choice as I needed to change my car already..btw..hw good a deal was ur trade in? If they dun get the coe or request u to top up under the NG scheme..I dun think the $5k penalty applies..but best to check with your SE

6 minutes ago, Destan84 said:

I gotten mine in oct and the price then was higher..no choice as I needed to change my car already..btw..hw good a deal was ur trade in? If they dun get the coe or request u to top up under the NG scheme..I dun think the $5k penalty applies..but best to check with your SE

trade in is 1k higher than the other few AD I visited

Mazda 6 is priced to kill camries. Accords. Passats. 

Killed sonata and the k5 optima liao.

Despite opel ingisna also well priced and said that phv grabbed many of these but i can say these models combined sold less than mazda 6 i tink. I see a lot of mazda 6 on the roads in singapore. 

Well done mazda 6. For its size. Class. Its the ultimate value.

I am sure it also steals the sales from the altis and even its own mazda 3

• Praise 2

29 minutes ago, Spurman said:

Mazda 6 is priced to kill camries. Accords. Passats. 

Killed sonata and the k5 optima liao.

Despite opel ingisna also well priced and said that phv grabbed many of these but i can say these models combined sold less than mazda 6 i tink. I see a lot of mazda 6 on the roads in singapore. 

Well done mazda 6. For its size. Class. Its the ultimate value.

I am sure it also steals the sales from the altis and even its own mazda 3

Your thinking very shallow.  Omv of those cars you are comparing is much higher. 

12 minutes ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

Your thinking very shallow.  Omv of those cars you are comparing is much higher. 

for spore local tiny market

mazda is position as "premium" japanese car .... profit margin is no play play ... :D

if not Eurokars also dont take mazda la ... side by side with Porsche service centre leh ...  LOL

Edited by Wt_know

3 hours ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

mazda6 (executive) omv 24k vs passat omv 26k (Comfortline) = 2k difference in omv probably is 5k in cost price.

11.11 sale at 110k vs 120k

typical ppls buy car base on selling price especially when scrapping, this "omv" gap is closer by half

Edited by Lotr8445r

Yeah mazda 6 has lower omv. Machiam like most volvos and hence why they can be priced to sell. 

Helped also by its good looks. Specs. Jap reliability.

14 minutes ago, Spurman said:

Yeah mazda 6 has lower omv. Machiam like most volvos and hence why they can be priced to sell. 

Helped also by its good looks. Specs. Jap reliability.

You have also forgotten that Mazda is a 7 year old platform nearing its end of life whereas the Camry is launched a couple of years ago. This is what the can keep the price lower.

In short, Mazda had done a fine job in packaging which moved a bit of the sales. 

But when you compare the current Mazda 6 with say, even the current Civic 1.5T, things like the brakes, slickness of the engine and refinement, you can feel it is a dated platform when driving both cars.

13 minutes ago, Davidklt said:

You have also forgotten that Mazda is a 7 year old platform nearing its end of life whereas the Camry is launched a couple of years ago. This is what the can keep the price lower.

In short, Mazda had done a fine job in packaging which moved a bit of the sales. 

But when you compare the current Mazda 6 with say, even the current Civic 1.5T, things like the brakes, slickness of the engine and refinement, you can feel it is a dated platform when driving both cars.

True. Tbh once u get used to turbo charged. U find na cars a bit "underpower" in a way.

• Praise 2

12 minutes ago, Davidklt said:

but not always the newer the better. compare the equip from honda crv 5 seater OMV 28K with 2 airbag, nonkeyless, no auto light, no auto wiper, manual seat, not to mention the sound from engine (?) when we dont even ramp the pedal

15 minutes ago, Spurman said:

True. Tbh once u get used to turbo charged. U find na cars a bit "underpower" in a way.

yeah ... no turbo no talk

4pot turbo is the best for daily use [thumbsup] 

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, Lotr8445r said:

Yes, I trade in to mazda. the trade in form indicate if anytime i want to back out, the penalty is 5k. So if i cant get my coe or they required me to topup for biding I will back out.

Besides, i read from earlier post the 6 bid guarantee is not a 100% guarantee too. in that case, what is the point to top up for guarantee?

If they dun get COE for you after 6 bids, the deal is off and no penalty shall apply. But, dun think they will not get you a COE, they will lose a business deal if so happened. I guess, you will get your ride by end of the year. They need to take in the sales volume for the year. So, no worries lah. For me, if really they can't get COE after 6 bids, I will just drive on my current ride. 😅🤭

Just visited Mazda show room today at ard 5pm. 

Mazda 6 lowest spec, standard edition was on sale for $99,800. 

Really value for money but I didn't signed for it. As family don't like cos the rear a bit cramp. 

31 minutes ago, Mahjong74 said:

Really value for money but I didn't signed for it. As family don't like cos the rear a bit cramp. 

Rear low roof line, normal sized adult ~1.7m will hit the roof trim upon boarding. 

34 minutes ago, Mahjong74 said:

Mazda 6 price dropped until $99k?! Think this is the cheapest 2.0L sedan you can buy now?

↡ Advertisement