MAZDA 6

Voxy28

10 hours ago, Lotr8445r said:

may i know what is the stock tyre model and wet grip performance?  ty

17 or 19'' Rims,both came with Bridgestone T005a....average Wet Grip if drive too fast.

• Praise 1

On 11/18/2020 at 9:30 AM, CoffeeBreak said:

Are they using original Mazda spare parts? Do they provide a list of parts changed or serviced? 

They using Mazda oil 0w20. 

so far I only do servicing there, car still under warranty.  

On 11/16/2020 at 9:25 AM, Yjunz said:

If I am not digress from the thread topic this Is my feel test driving the 3

sylphy - spacious cabin. Engine is not powerful and takes time to pick up. Guess is coz cvt. Acceptable handling when driving

altis - super responsive handling. Quick on acceleration. Good sound insulation. Best driving experience of the 3. Downside is expensive

Mazda 6 - solid feel when driving. Handling and acceleration was good but don’t feel it’s exceptional as the altis. Price is really value for money.

Hmm.. Seems like handling could be a personal preference.
I've test drove the Altis Hybrid and I think the handling is not as good as Mazda 6.. Do you feel that it has more responsive handling because the steering is "lighter", or independent of that you think that the handling is better?

Built and interior, I found the Altis Hybrid lacking as well (feels a lot less premium in my opinion despite the high price).. Can't rmb the sound insulation well enough to comment..

18 minutes ago, SedanFTW said:

I've test drove the Altis Hybrid and I think the handling is not as good as Mazda 6.. Do you feel that it has more responsive handling because the steering is "lighter", or independent of that you think that the handling is better?

Built and interior, I found the Altis Hybrid lacking as well (feels a lot less premium in my opinion despite the high price).. Can't rmb the sound insulation well enough to comment..

What is true handling for a daily driver? Some people talk until as if they an expert racer.  

22 minutes ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

What is true handling for a daily driver? Some people talk until as if they an expert racer.  

If you sit in my car for 1 hr, i confirm can induce vomit

Edited by inlinesix
  • Haha! 2

47 minutes ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

To me, it's mainly how well can you navigate corner, and how "engaging"/"responsive" the car is.. Or rather, how does it feel, that's all.
No objective measure on my side. 

9 hours ago, SedanFTW said:

never know that Toyota is good at handling before. Tried hard to get myself accept altis few years back by test driving altis and it cant made it. 2nd try on Camry hopping that a larger car has better handling but not much difference. BTW, my 1st car is a corolla. I feel that steering is lighter give me less confident in driving which aka poorer handling

Mazda is well known of its handling and never fail me whenever test drive. Owned an Astina and Mazda3 before. In my opinion, even a 4 wheel drive Subaru (my current ride) can come close to it but may not be better

Edited by Lotr8445r
  • Praise 1

9 hours ago, Lotr8445r said:

never know that Toyota is good at handling before. Tried hard to get myself accept altis few years back by test driving altis and it cant made it. 2nd try on Camry hopping that a larger car has better handling but not much difference. BTW, my 1st car is a corolla. I feel that steering is lighter give me less confident in driving which aka poorer handling

Mazda is well known of its handling and never fail me whenever test drive. Owned an Astina and Mazda3 before. In my opinion, even a 4 wheel drive Subaru (my current ride) can come close to it but may not be better

Which is why I'm surprised when Yjunz mentioned altis has the best handling among the three.
I felt that Mazda 6 has significantly better handling.. 

That's why I speculate could it be because of the lighter steering, Yjunz finds that the altis is more responsive. 

47 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

I see many m6 sedan but not many wagon on the road. Is there a distinctive difference in performance or handling of both variants? 

Wagon variant only has 2.5L, which is a lot more costly. I believe the common Mz6 is the 2.0L variant.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, ferrytales said:

Mazda cars all along are designed to be a driver's car same as Honda I feel. 

Tested the mazda 2, 3 and 6. Damn the handling was amazing. 

i am not sure why the CRV test drive is bad now. Maybe because of CVT