MAZDA 6

Voxy28

It did feel like there was a big difference, but like some of you said, it might be merely psychological especially with the excitement of owning a new car. I will probably stay on with RON98 for about a month, at least 2000km before switching to RON95 to see if the difference is still there. With my driving consisting of like 90-95% city timewise, FC is about 11km/L.

Also after owning the car for about a week, I realised that the Mazda 6 despite the amazing drive experience and value for money, has some shortcomings on the quality of life aspect. 

a) No boot release in the cabin, the only way is to press the button behind the car, or to use the key fob. I have not tested if the key fob works when ignition is on, but it definitely works when inside the car with the ignition off. More than a few times, I had to get off the car to tell wife, in laws, friends to press the button themselves (I always forget to test the key fob then).

b) No master lock/unlock button in the cabin. The only way is to turn the lock knob on the driver door handle, which can be difficult for a passenger to reach.

c) The leather seats a lot of tiny lubang that was designed for seat ventilation, which the 2.0L doesn't have. That means dirt gets easily trapped and cannot be cleaned without a vacuum. Wiping it is insufficient.

d) Turning radius is a bit larger than expected, though I think this is to be expected for a mid-sized saloon especially a FWD one. I suppose this is more a matter of getting used to especially in cramped carparks.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Mazda 6 is definitely a bargain, especially in the rising Coe nowadays. I'm seriously considering this car when it's time for me to change. Btw side track a bit, I notice there's practically no discussion on cx 8.. strange. 

Cos very few ppl drives the Cx8?

tried to bump that thread a while ago but also not much traction. 

Neutral Newbie

Hi I just bought used Mazda 6 manufactured in 2018 (FL version). It doesnt come with Andriod Auto or Carplay. Any advice how and where I can get it installed? Is it worth getting?

Is there WA or telegram group for Mazda 6 for new owners like me to ask the seasond owners?

On 6/29/2021 at 10:21 PM, Tlks said:

Mazda 6 is definitely a bargain, especially in the rising Coe nowadays. I'm seriously considering this car when it's time for me to change. Btw side track a bit, I notice there's practically no discussion on cx 8.. strange. 

This model has been round for 8 years. By the time you are ready to change, it might a be a new model. And wont be going at this price.

12 minutes ago, wohyak said:

Hi I just bought used Mazda 6 manufactured in 2018 (FL version). It doesnt come with Andriod Auto or Carplay. Any advice how and where I can get it installed? Is it worth getting?

Is there WA or telegram group for Mazda 6 for new owners like me to ask the seasond owners?

Trans Eurokar was offering it at around $490 before.

@Dp26 yup I would like to read more about this car from owners. I have gone to the showroom . Ext n int looks nice, never test drive though .

Twincharged
5 hours ago, wohyak said:

There is a big WhatsApps Group,if you can stand up to 600 messages a Day,sometime not Mazda 6 Related Matters,PM Me.

• Praise 1

Can’t help you there. 

not a physical owner yet. But lots of reviews from Malaysia side since they driving for some time. 

what u looking to find out? 

9 hours ago, wohyak said:

Hi wokyak,

For me, it is 100% worthwhile if you are into music and road safety.

While local fm via internet is at low 68kbps, it is crystal clear and when you get to many free 320kbps internet stations, you will get near cd quality. 

Sure you can meddle around with your phone but it is much more safe with the integrated AA solution with your mazda headunit .. spotify etc.

Do note that using google map will not show up on the HUD which I do miss.

Cheers.

Richard

On 6/26/2021 at 6:12 PM, Macrosszero said:

It works when it’s quantifiable - whether increased fuel efficiency or horsepower.

“Feeling” smoother or more eager is more like believing your coffee tastes nicer because it is served in a fancier cup.

Sure, ambience also and hence our 5 senses ... same coffee will taste nicer depending also on your mood but hey, that is most important surely.

Cheers.

@wohyak 

On 7/2/2021 at 1:53 PM, wohyak said:

For me the best part of AA is the navigation because google map includes the traffic information, and you don't need a separate phone holder for your phone. I am not exactly an audiophile so the music part is just a nice bonus. Other benefits include reading whatsapp messages, reminders, and calendar appointment on your infotainment. Whether its useful really depends on you.

However, unlike the Mazda navigation, the AA navigation doesn't show up on the HUD, you have to rely on infotainment screen. I also feel the Mazda navigation is hit and miss because it does not take into account traffic conditions. 

If you ask me, for $490 its not worth it because my main use is navigation only. I can just a buy a wireless charging phone holder and hang on windscreen/AC vents.

Hi Guys, are there anyone here and did a replacement of the infotainment system? I tried to search in SG but doesn't seem to have anyone that does these types of upgrade.

I can find some on Taobao but they are mainly for left hand drive Mazda 6. I'm driving a 2015 model and it doesn't come with the AA or Apple Carplay.

42 minutes ago, Banz86 said:

Hi Guys, are there anyone here and did a replacement of the infotainment system? I tried to search in SG but doesn't seem to have anyone that does these types of upgrade.

I can find some on Taobao but they are mainly for left hand drive Mazda 6. I'm driving a 2015 model and it doesn't come with the AA or Apple Carplay.

Its in the center console. How does whether left or right drive matters?

Neutral Newbie

Thanks richard and arataka for sharing. I've installed carplay (not at TEK) and found it worth it because I rely on Waze a lot.

Anyone soundproof 2018 FL version and found it effective? Curious to know if soundproofing works to reduce noise and reviews I read so far are mixed.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, I'm currently shopping for a preowned Mazda 6 2.0 FL (MY 2018 onwards) and deciding between the Standard and Executive versions. So glad to see a wealth of information in this thread!

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the differences are mainly down to LED headlights, Bose sound system, additional safety features and HUD. Annual depreciation for Executive versions are asking between $800 - >$1k more than the standard ones.

Not sure if the added premium is worth more - am inclined to save the couple of thousand bucks, but would love to hear insights from current owners!

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Davidklt said:

Its in the center console. How does whether left or right drive matters?

Apparently, the mount for the console is different, and also because of the estart button, they need to provide a new dash panel. That's based on my limited understanding of the explanation on Taobao. I dare not spend SGD 400 just to try and even the seller doesn't dare to commit.

(edited)
On 7/5/2021 at 7:34 PM, wohyak said:

Anyone soundproof 2018 FL version and found it effective? Curious to know if soundproofing works to reduce noise and reviews I read so far are mixed.

Hi woh,

Takes a lot to have obvious improvement and not only typical stp into wheel wall, doors etc.

Tried redwind inserts into door rubber tubings for my mazda 6 as wind noise is a bit loud to no significant improvement and there always road noise, tyre noise and engine noise.

For my much quieter forester, it was:

- 3 layer on floor, 4 layers in front door, rear boot, tyre wheel, forester under carriage cover etc.for road noise and engine noise ... very heavy !

- redwind for wind noise

- autofoam for road noise

- 20 pcs of 3M thinsulate into dashboard for engines

- other various bits e.g. foam into front side panel like s class and 7 series 😅

Note that as you quiet down any of the above noise source, the others standout and becomes more obvious. Hence I had to go all the way and as it is, the engine noise is already not like mazda as it is much more powerful and not stressed even if pushed a bit.

Hope this helps and cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2