Electric Toothbrush

Vextan

1 hour ago, Discoburg said:

Got one for the Mrs to use from the 9.9 Lazada sales.

IMG_9196.thumb.jpg.8e2c17e5f6fd8694009097ffe20b347e.jpg

I think you got short changed, mine's got a brush on the top.😎

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 1

What I observed is that :

Oral B - oscillates left down, up right and vice versa. There's also some holes on the head, presumably for water to escape.

Philips - just go straight left, right, left, right. I drip water over the brush and it's quite obvious, the water spray swing left and right. This head does not have holes.

I used the Philips toothbrush and the compatible for a few months now. They appear to last a long time, much longer than Oral B. Perhaps, it's the bristle movement that plays a part.

• Praise 2

Lazada just delivered a new toothbrush to me yesterday another Xiaomi Soocas but their new model X5

pnZGZW7.jpg

X3 come with the electric brush and 3 brusheads but the X5 comes with a travel box and a cup, travel box will be important.

a0GRK8Y.jpg

mLnMNIv.jpg

According to writeup the X5 is quieter than the X3 and comes with adjustable intensity. Speed is same as X3.

ITviUa9.jpg

Brush heads

DNbTbXm.jpg

Tried it out a few minutes ago its definitely quieter than X3. I intensity adjustment is an advantage for those who has sensitive gums who want to tone down the intensity, I like this feature. Overall it cleans as good as the X3. At $80 a set its really worth it.

• Praise 3

41 minutes ago, steveluv said:

Lazada just delivered a new toothbrush to me yesterday another Xiaomi Soocas but their new model X5

pnZGZW7.jpg

X3 come with the electric brush and 3 brusheads but the X5 comes with a travel box and a cup, travel box will be important.

a0GRK8Y.jpg

mLnMNIv.jpg

According to writeup the X5 is quieter than the X3 and comes with adjustable intensity. Speed is same as X3.

ITviUa9.jpg

Brush heads

DNbTbXm.jpg

Tried it out a few minutes ago its definitely quieter than X3. I intensity adjustment is an advantage for those who has sensitive gums who want to tone down the intensity, I like this feature. Overall it cleans as good as the X3. At $80 a set its really worth it.

I ordered the same set from lazada.. Still waiting for delivery..... This set functions and included accessories seem very similar to sonicare flagship diamondclean series. 

• Praise 3

40 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

I ordered the same set from lazada.. Still waiting for delivery..... This set functions and included accessories seem very similar to sonicare flagship diamondclean series. 

Good buy. There are some differences between the X5 and Diamondclean (I'm using this too)

Speed - X5 is 37,000/min vs Diamondclean 62,000/min. Honestly I cannot notice the difference as I think its beyond the ability for us to tell at such high speed. Whats more important is tooth must be clean and both cleans equally well.

Storage Box - both boxes looked the same however the Philips Diamondclean box acts as a charger too and I love this convenience when I travel I could  charge the toothbrush directly from the box no need to bring extra charging base. The X3 that I had been using for a few months I only charged once so I think I wont have to bring any charger too. Its amazing how long the batter of the Soocas toothbrush lasts.

Cost - X3 costs only $50 while the new X5 $80, the Philips Diamondclean costs $240 I think. Decision is easy.

• Praise 3

7 hours ago, steveluv said:

Good buy. There are some differences between the X5 and Diamondclean (I'm using this too)

Speed - X5 is 37,000/min vs Diamondclean 62,000/min. Honestly I cannot notice the difference as I think its beyond the ability for us to tell at such high speed. Whats more important is tooth must be clean and both cleans equally well.

Storage Box - both boxes looked the same however the Philips Diamondclean box acts as a charger too and I love this convenience when I travel I could  charge the toothbrush directly from the box no need to bring extra charging base. The X3 that I had been using for a few months I only charged once so I think I wont have to bring any charger too. Its amazing how long the batter of the Soocas toothbrush lasts.

Cost - X3 costs only $50 while the new X5 $80, the Philips Diamondclean costs $240 I think. Decision is easy.

Does X5 charge through the cup or must place on the charging base?

The diamondclean series have just a small depression at the base and just drop into the charging glass and it will charge. The entry levels sonicare has a hole at the bottom that you have to place over the charging base's protruding stub. 

• Praise 1

16 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Errr............why no wireless charging??? So that the toothbrush can be fully sealed and waterproof.

All wireless... No metal contact points. All inductive charging tech.

Just that the entry models probably need to be in precise approximation to the charging coil within the charger base. The diamondclean flagship has a better more efficient charging tech? 

• Praise 1

26 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Errr............why no wireless charging??? So that the toothbrush can be fully sealed and waterproof.

There's probably water resistance. Anyway u won't really get the base wet one lah. I put my toothbrush horizontally to dry. Anyway my toilet no electrical point (thought it would be a hazard when i designed my toilet). So i charge at my dressing table.

• Praise 2

8 hours ago, steveluv said:

i think the speed quite important, my sonicare has 3 speed mode, the lowest one can't feel much pressure, mid one ok, highest one quite strong [laugh]

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Vratenza said:

Does X5 charge through the cup or must place on the charging base?

The diamondclean series have just a small depression at the base and just drop into the charging glass and it will charge. The entry levels sonicare has a hole at the bottom that you have to place over the charging base's protruding stub. 

The X5 could only be charged with the base. Yes the Phillips Sonicare Diamondclean charges through the box and the glass sitting on the base, I only use the box to charge never with the glass.

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Adrianli said:

It is wireless charging as nothing is plug into the toothbrush itself

1 hour ago, Aloe111 said:

Nice recommendation. I will get the xiaomi x5 just for the Magnetic Levitation motor which runs at Earthquake frequency. 😄

$80 really makes sense for the same cleaning effect as the Diamondclean which costs 3 times more. Trust me, for a person who is using both, they are equally good and if you don’t really need the box and the 3 speed features the X3 that costs $50 cleans equally well.

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

There's probably water resistance. Anyway u won't really get the base wet one lah. I put my toothbrush horizontally to dry. Anyway my toilet no electrical point (thought it would be a hazard when i designed my toilet). So i charge at my dressing table.

Still think Oral B Is better than Philip after a few more weeks of usage?  Philip brushhead lasts longer, if it cleans better, i will switch after I have used up all my Oral B brushheads, still have > 20 of them.

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Still think Oral B Is better than Philip after a few more weeks of usage?  Philip brushhead lasts longer, if it cleans better, i will switch after I have used up all my Oral B brushheads, still have > 20 of them.

i bought the Philips sonicare 1.5 years ago and left it in the drawer cos i was still using Oral B, only switched to Sonicare 2 months ago, i feel that Sonicare clean better (though i still have 5 pieces of oral b brush head) [laugh]

• Praise 4

7 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

I only use Philips liao. I prefer philips as it pulses the toothpaste fluid around your teeth and through the gaps.
And i predominantly have gum disease rather than cavities in my teeth.

I don't really think it lasts longer if u don't overbrush. Cos i was using the Oral B head for several weeks before the philips arrive. It looks essentially new even though i stopped using it.
 If u are wearing out the oral B heads faster than 3 months, then u are overbrushing.

My wife is still using the Oral B. She no complaints, so maybe the oral B one let her keep and use lor. But if my kids start using, then i will start them on sonicare.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2