Electric Toothbrush

Vextan

I read with 'mixed feeling' about Oral B electric tooth brushes as not effective. So, before electric,  we were manually brushing our teeth OK? When I switched to electric,  I thought this was fantastic,  like visiting the dentist. But I also realise got to check the brush head, sometimes it just vibrates and didn’t turn, so must make sure they fit correctly and turn even when you add a bit of pressure on the the tooth. 

↡ Advertisement

37 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

I read with 'mixed feeling' about Oral B electric tooth brushes as not effective. So, before electric,  we were manually brushing our teeth OK? When I switched to electric,  I thought this was fantastic,  like visiting the dentist. But I also realise got to check the brush head, sometimes it just vibrates and didn’t turn, so must make sure they fit correctly and turn even when you add a bit of pressure on the the tooth. 

Huh? Is it due to the calcium build-up that prevents you from putting the brush properly?

I have never encounter such a problem cos every time I do the replacement brush I have it cleaned and oiled using the "sewing machine oil" on the metal part and rub some around where the brush sits. I dont apply a lot. Same for the o-ring area (battery cover). Just apply a little and spread it around. This is to prevent whatever build up and make replacement easy.

I only use more of the oil on my trimmer and electric shaver. These blades although stainless steel they still needs to be lub to keep the blades sharp. Our skin tends to accumulate on the blades. Oil also helps prevent the skin build up on the blades.

Edited by Watwheels

1 hour ago, Victor68 said:

I've used both. And now after 1 year + being on Philips. It's superior no doubt.

Cos Oral B technology is more catered towards cavity prevention. The Sonicare is more geared towards preventing gum disease.
With flourinated toothpaste and water, cavities only happen if u are grossly negligent or for people/kids who eat lot of sweet stuff. The main threat to our teeth by far is gum disease. 

But whatever works for you. 

I had eroding gums while on Oral B. Since switching to Sonicare, regular night flossing, problem solved. I go dentist after 1 year +, actually also the plaque build up is much lesser. Ie less painful to see dentist LOL

• Praise 1

Supercharged

My dentist used to say "Must brush for 2 min hor.." With my Philips brush, I can tell him it's zhun zhun 120 sec of brushing.  [laugh]

• Haha! 1

Been using the Philip's Sonicare for many years now, best to get a water flosser, got one from Taobao for S$50-60 bucks with shipping, very good power. 

I have an old Panasonic water flosser, just lazy to use it now.

Brushing with Philips Sonicare is good enough for me.

38 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

If the sonicare can't charge. Means it's goner right. Planned obselecence zzz.

Suddenly died on me today. 

the brush still there, just move your hand [laugh]

I find the cheaper models battery won't last, the battery depleted quite fast.

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

If the sonicare can't charge. Means it's goner right. Planned obselecence zzz.

Suddenly died on me today. 

Most likely, it's gone. My last Sonicare also same thing. But the charger still works..with the new Sonicare.

I open up and found a special (smaller size) lithium battery. Then I try to repair by pushing a magnetic catch, but I damage some very thin wires that I couldn't repair.

1 hour ago, Jman888 said:

Mine was fine. Last two weeks on full charge. Suddenly yesterday start problems then brush one final time last night. Then up lorry. 

35 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Mine was fine. Last two weeks on full charge. Suddenly yesterday start problems then brush one final time last night. Then up lorry. 

can consider changing to Zenyum. 

prices are pretty good when it's on sale at lazada.

• Praise 2

4 hours ago, Jman888 said:

Use hand get 30rpm

use motor head get 10000 rpm

hand cannot beat motor

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Supercharged

I've been using my Philips electric toothbrush for the past 4 years. No issue so far. I charge it once a week.

One thing I find advantages to using it is that every brush lasts exactly 2 mins, which is what my dentist recommends. Previously when I hand brush, I short-change myself. 😁

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Strat said:

can consider changing to Zenyum. 

prices are pretty good when it's on sale at lazada.

Any alternative for tooth brush heads. Their toothbrush heads quite expensive. 3 for 21 bucks. 

My 3rd party brush heads were 8 for 15 usd. 

Does anyone know if this is lithium ion or NiMH battery? 

Edited by Lala81

32 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Checked my purchase date.  Lasted about 2.5 years. 50 usd. 

2.5 yrs is good for battery life.. time to change. My Redmi phone battery less than 2years , bloated liao.

↡ Advertisement