Coffee Machine repair

Kianbeng

Hi,

Does anyone knows where I can find a generic coffee machine repair shop? I've got a Breville Coffee machine that has the common problem of water not flowing through the "shower screen". I believe it needs a standard servicing + changing of gasket.

I believe I should be able to DIY but given the time on hands + 3 kids....these repair jobs are no longer possible. I've got tons of things at home waiting for me to lay my hands on for repair. Even my kids call me "Handy Manny" (if you watch the kids TV cartoon)

Let me know if anyone knows where to get this done ok!

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

I don't know about the Breville, but if it's the standard E61 brew head, the shower screen might be clogged up, use a flat head screwdriver, go under the rubber gasket (outer part, away from shower screen) and push out to remove shower screen and rubber gasket. Clean off with soap and water, normally in pro-consumer machines, you'd need to do a flush back every week or so if used everyday, to keep the shower screen clean. Rubber gaskets, (if you don't leave the machine on for hours on end, which will eventually dry and harden the rubber) will last you many years before the need to replace one. See if you have a screw head right in the center of the shower screen, unscrew that and the shower screen will come off, and do the necessary cleaning. (I'm thinking now it may be made like a Saeco basic model liken Starbucks Barista Machine) use a old toothbrush to clean out and it'll work just fine.

Let me know if that doesn't work. PM me and I'll try to help. I own 2 pro-consumer machines in the home, so I DIY most of the time, unless it gets serious like water leakage where I can't spot the problem will call in the calvary.

Hi,

Does anyone knows where I can find a generic coffee machine repair shop? I've got a Breville Coffee machine that has the common problem of water not flowing through the "shower screen". I believe it needs a standard servicing + changing of gasket.

I believe I should be able to DIY but given the time on hands + 3 kids....these repair jobs are no longer possible. I've got tons of things at home waiting for me to lay my hands on for repair. Even my kids call me "Handy Manny" (if you watch the kids TV cartoon)

Thanks!

BTW use that old toothbrush and scrub the brew head as well, (where shower screen is when removed)

that should get you going, and remember, after a week of use, best if you can get some liquid cleaner to do a flush thru for your portafilter, (if any) to remove any coffee residue inside the machine. Full auto or semi?

No need to waste the money, when you can get it done yourself. Really no rocket science. [rolleyes]

Hi,

Thanks!

No problems, just remember to clean the rubber gasket above with a toothbrush

Since you can't find a group head brush here. Flush clean, then connect shower

Sreen back.

thanks. Saw the screw. Will dismantle and wash + try.

His machine would be in the range of a few hundred dollars.

Not the cheap crap sold elsewhere. And there are profeasional

Machines costing into the thousands.

why don't just dump it n get a new one. Should cost less than $50.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Mazdaowner,

My Breville giving me issues too. U hear it pumping pressure continuously but doesnt heatup and turn the StartButton on. Any help aporeciated. Cheers!