New VW Touran!

Friendstar

I read this morning's papers about the new VW Touran.

I'm utterly impressed with VW!

priced below 100k with such ridiculous COE price, i have to say that VW is doing the best job currently in the market.

not only the price, consider the features packed in the touran.

7 speed DSG.

1.4 TURBO.

0-100 under 10sec.

7 seater

audio controls on steering wheels blah blah

This is a winner.
road tax cheap.
FC friendly.
7 seater
Continental
cheap price high COE, HIGH paper value.

to be frank, if i had not purchased my odyssey last year at 96k (low COE)..... this is the one i'm definitely getting.

VW-Touran-2010-FT.jpg

↡ Advertisement

The price looks abit unbelievable.

The last touran's OMV is abt 26k. Add today's $39k COE and the basic cost to VCS is oredi $98k+. They selling wif no profit? Or they peg COE to something like $20k and expect ppl to top up? :wacko:

Maybe someone else who has gone down there can verify.

I think this will be the most value for money mpv at this current point of time. Most of the other mpv are such as wish or stream are at least 10k more. Think it was mentioned that price is only for this weekend only as their launch special. Dunno how much they gonna increase after that.

think around the same as a golf?? btw why concern about the OMV?? are you going to sell it in 5 years time??

1st... I'll never drive MPV

2nd... I'm just curious how much the VW is profiting

3rd.... My cars have never been kept for >3 yrs

1st... I'll never drive MPV

2nd... I'm just curious how much the VW is profiting

3rd.... My cars have never been kept for >3 yrs

1st I just started driving MPV might not switch back to saloon after experiencing the flexibility of ferrying more ppl in comfort.

2nd VW shortchange u on yr dividends?

3rd my previous cars never been kept for more than 1-1/2 years other than car no.7(2 years), but no.8 will be longer.

Think now if decide to buy a car must think properly of all the so call promotion that AD is offerring, with the rising COE price one must be confident that the AD will get the COE. Earlier this year (jan to mar) I was stuck in a situation where I book a car on "promotion" with an AD, and they kept on missing my bid and asking me to top up until I make noise and finally got my booking cancelled and refunded after the 3rd bid (Contract stated 6 bids.)

I believed a lot of AD are trying to secure as many bookings as possible, and from the many bookings that they secure they have 3 months (6 bids) if the COE is not gauranteed to slowly try for COE, if COE really shot up again they will just ask you to top up, and believe me 3 months from now where the quotaa will get cut again I am pretty sure many people will just give in and top up on the expectation of rising COE prices.

1st I just started driving MPV might not switch back to saloon after experiencing the flexibility of ferrying more ppl in comfort.

2nd VW shortchange u on yr dividends?

3rd my previous cars never been kept for more than 1-1/2 years other than car no.7(2 years), but no.8 will be longer.

1st again Whatever tickle your balls

2nd again I would love to buy into VW if I have the means....imagine selling the European toyota at profit margin that will put the real premium conti marque to shame

3rd again seem to be getting longer aye?

I was just here. Seems that the price goes up every unit they sell when i left it was standing at about 101k. Its got less power than the original touran about 140hp, less stuff and slower by a sec to 100. Its a great deal al if u want an conti mpv. They also have mroe colours now than before. First batch delievery feb next aft CNY