Soundproofing in JB

Meganut

Hi brothers,

Sorry for starting this thread cant find any on soundproofing in jb thru the search function... saw some topics on DIY and soundproofing done in SG..

I would like to do sound proofing for my tiny car in jb... anyone knows where and where is good?

thanks all... appreicate all feedbacks...

thanks in advance

↡ Advertisement

I am keen to organise soundproofing DIY.

Looking to do soundproofing your car anyone?

Any expert welcome to share your experience?

I am planning to buy rattletrap fatmat 80mils thick http://www.fatmat.com/new.htm

Cost only about usd 160 include shipping in usa (sgd 220) + shipping to sgp sgd180(dam expensive cause weight 43lb) for 100sq ft (2x50sqft per roll)

Total about 400 for 100sq ft or $4 psf

50 sq ft is enough for most vehicle.

Anyone want to join me to DIY? cost only about $200 only for whole car and about 4-6hrs of DIY.

Dynamat cost about 141usd for 36sq ft (sgd190) + shipping ti sgp sgd99

About $8 psf

*If you want perfect sound proof, then have to add thin layer of closed cell foam(about 1cm thick).

For that, can do later if still not satisfy with it.

Any bros want to join me DIY?

i keen if there is a meet to share all cost plus tools needed to remove all fittings in the car. i'm looking to soundproof the floor...my car just have none of soundproof at all...

i keen if there is a meet to share all cost plus tools needed to remove all fittings in the car. i'm looking to soundproof the floor...my car just have none of soundproof at all...

lol...I have all the tools to remove all fittings in the car.

My car is QQ, dam noisy as it has virtually no soundproof at all.

Since my car is small, I may not even need one roll or 50sq ft of the rattletrap. You can buy the extra from me if you want to if there is left over.

I am staying in farrer park area. The cost of delivery to sgp is estimated only but should be around there.

If you really keen and interested, I will order the rattletrap, think will take about 1 week plus to reach Singapore.

Please contact me at [email protected] to pass me your contact number etc.

By the way, planning to buy some 3M seal strips from china to seal up the door for even better sound proof from wind.

example in http://club.autohome.com.cn/bbs/thread-c-87-8685509-1.html

Cost about $1 per meter. From that website, found that I need about 25m.

Delivery is much cheaper from china. I will source for the cheapest delivery.

If you want, tell me how much you need, will order together for you.

As stated earlier, if want perfect sound proof, have to add form.

I checked and found that it come in one roll 10m x 1m x 10mm thick, which is 10/0.09290304 = 107.6 sq ft.

Cost is about $36 + shipping about 7kg ($70). Hmm shipping cost more than product....

Will look around and see if can get cheaper in singapore.

Found that most bros here used superlon etc, can recommend where to get at cheapest price?

Any bro here want to DIY, do contact me and we arrange to meet somewhere.

Will cost you about $200 for the 50 sq ft rattletrap extreme which is enough for whole car.

For me, I will also add in sealer to stop wind noise, additional $30.

Foam additional $50. So expect damage to be about $280-300 for whole car DIY soundproofing.

Much cheaper than sending to shop using lousy material cost more than 1k for whole car.

Total max extra weight is 13kg(50sqft) for the sound proof if you use all material.

For my case, i will use about 35sq ft, about 9kg only

Edited by Stanchiam

As stated earlier, if want perfect sound proof, have to add form.

I checked and found that it come in one roll 10m x 1m x 10mm thick, which is 10/0.09290304 = 107.6 sq ft.

Cost is about $36 + shipping about 7kg ($70). Hmm shipping cost more than product....

Will look around and see if can get cheaper in singapore.

Found that most bros here used superlon etc, can recommend where to get at cheapest price?

its misleading when you say perfect soundproof. FYI, there is no such thing. pasting mats (be it korean or USA brands) on the panels will reduce vibration. adding foam will reduce a bit of the sound level that intrude into the car.

its misleading when you say perfect soundproof. FYI, there is no such thing. pasting mats (be it korean or USA brands) on the panels will reduce vibration. adding foam will reduce a bit of the sound level that intrude into the car.

Right, there is no perfect, I should rephrase, even better SP. ;)

mat + foam + seal for door and gap should be more than enough.

Edited by Stanchiam

Right, there is no perfect, I should rephrase, even better SP. ;)

mat + foam + seal for door and gap should be more than enough.

yes. but to all who invest in SP, please do not expect miracles. all i can say is a bit of SP is better than no SP at all

yes. but to all who invest in SP, please do not expect miracles. all i can say is a bit of SP is better than no SP at all

Agree, but if one knows how to do it properly with good material, it is much better.

In my case(my car), I found out from other forum that once they completed the SP(same car), the user say it is much much better, hardly hear wind and road noise, only a little engine noise.

Of course if your car already have a little SP, then may not be as dramatic as mine.

Neutral Newbie

Hi

I just want to input something...there is definitely no such things as perfect soundproofing.

Adding these butyl material is basically to reduce rattling and vibration.

Another important thing is the material used. You don't want to use something that is heavy

for SP. Need to use things that are effective and proven useful.

The method of application is very important too. If anyone who is really keen in doing DIY

SPing, please PM me as I am able to get material and also help to remove panel and guide

you to do proper SPing.

The deal will be something like you buy from us a box of butyl material then we meet

somewhere to do Sping but we only show you how to do it and help to remove and to

put back panels.

Of course there must have a minimum of 3-5 owners who will have to buy a box of material

each and we can start doing it on a weekday night time.

Sounds interesting, I'm driving a Suzuki swft, thinking of diy sound proofing too. Is the brand ure using Gd? I believe it takes about 2 layers or more for an area like side door. No experience though I know hoe to remove panels in my car.

Found from http://www.spreefanatics.com/ delivery from china only $4 per kg.

Any bros interested in SP DIY, do contact me soon, will likely order by next weekend.

If no one interested, I will just proceed to do it myself. Cheers.

The best bros here said is dynamat XTREME and the specs is

http://www.dynamat.com/technical_specs_dynamat_xtreme.html

-Black butyl based core(丁基橡胶) with 4 mil aluminum

- 0.067" (1.7mm) thick or 67mil

- 0.45lb./ft2 (2.20kg/m2)

Rattletrap extreme from fatmat is 80mil

http://www.fatmat.com/bulk/rattletrap/100.html

cannot find detailed info on the other details, but saw from few forums that it is good and "cheap"

Edited by Stanchiam

Sounds interesting, I'm driving a Suzuki swft, thinking of diy sound proofing too. Is the brand ure using Gd? I believe it takes about 2 layers or more for an area like side door. No experience though I know hoe to remove panels in my car.

Is it good? from many reviews, they say it is good.

To me, they are all using butyl material and aluminum, the thicker it is the better since more noise can be stopped/absorb.

But thicker also mean more cost and therefore more expensive.

Actually, the price not that expensive, it is the shipping charge that is.

I have found alternative, even thicker and cheaper from branded source in china.

Yes, made in China.

500_f709e387-97d3-4347-930b-f0f951fcce05.jpg

0.1mm/3.94 mil aluminum

2.2mm/86.6 mil thick butyl core

Saw from a few forum user they are pretty satisfy with the result.

40cm

Edited by Stanchiam

"0.1mm/3.94 mil aluminum

2.2mm/86.6 mil thick butyl core

Saw from a few forum user they are pretty satisfy with the result.

40cm

Edited by Stanchiam
↡ Advertisement