Sick and tired of always fetching friends here and there

JessOng88

A solution to counter them: Install a taxi meter on your dash. When your friend enter your car, press the start the button.

S2.40 starting and $0.20 for every 200 metres.

if the distance is short, i usally charge $5. for example, train ride is $1.20. pay me about 4 times of that and its around $5. i always tell my friend i am not making $$ out of him. just asking $5 to cover the petrol cost only

guess what? he say he take train. i also happier

↡ Advertisement

excuse me

im a lady too... <_<

LOL.. own..

anyway for my case im lucky my friend all very 'zidong' i even offered them and they reject cause they say its troublesome for me and diesel expensive [laugh]

anyway im driving a lorry, so when group outings.. alot of people don't want to seat my ride... haha... so in a way im kinda safe ^_^

if the distance is short, i usally charge $5. for example, train ride is $1.20. pay me about 4 times of that and its around $5. i always tell my friend i am not making $$ out of him. just asking $5 to cover the petrol cost only

LOL, i tried that before.. and my friend really paid me... but i never take... but once in a while he will treat me meals [;)]

Just say "No" to them. Period.

At the end of the day, you may end up having yourself to be blamed for such unhappiness, if you allow this to happen for too many times.

Keep those friends who are worthy, discard those who cling on to you for convenience.

I thought u all MCF pple earning BIG buck/mth..still wan to k gao those few $$ meh ?

Just say "No" to them. Period.

At the end of the day, you may end up having yourself to be blamed for such unhappiness, if you allow this to happen for too many times.

Keep those friends who are worthy, discard those who cling on to you for convenience.

Like tat i bet most of ur friend run away from u liao.. spore got how big ? sent pple home like wan ur life? jia liat lay.. gentleman a bit can?

Neutral Newbie

excuse me

im a lady too... <_<

xlolx, this is very funny, you and their the friendstar quote

Edited by Zheshi

So easy. Just intro guys with cars to them. Dan when they ask you out say your car broke down ask their new found bf to fetch you from your home and sent you home when outing is over. Issue solved. :D

Like tat i bet most of ur friend run away from u liao.. spore got how big ? sent pple home like wan ur life? jia liat lay.. gentleman a bit can?

Even a professional tax-driver will get tired and frustrated, no matter how "pretty" these passengers are.

Occasional request is still alright, but if these so-called "friends" decide to run away just because I refuse to be their taxi-drivers (time and again), so be it.

Good riddance, anyway. Time to do some "house-keeping".

Edited by Albeniz

TS, you must be a real nice lady for being true to your friends when they need you.

But in life there must be give and take, or loosely translated from Hokkien "Got come, got give".

If it's an one sided affair all the while, then it's time you give excuses or just turn them down outright.

There are friends out there just to take advantage of others, while they don't give away anything.

Another stupid thread ranting about being taken advantage of.

Who owns the car?

Are these people taking advantage of you your work superiors or even your colleagues where there could at least be some benefiit arising from being nice?

If you can't say no, then you DESERVE to walked all over and treated like their bitch.

if the distance is short, i usally charge $5. for example, train ride is $1.20. pay me about 4 times of that and its around $5. i always tell my friend i am not making $ out of him. just asking $5 to cover the petrol cost only

ur friend is looking for a free ride..and he is just displaying his sinkie trait - denying others..in ur case deny u from so call "earning money"

im consider relatively young to own a car. so among most of my friends only im driving.

got my ride end last year.

after i get my ride starting to feel different.

when im out to meet my friends i must go fetch them from their house.

i drive them there still must pay for parking (and of cause petrol)

for example i stay in bishan, my friend ask me accompany her go buy things from tampines.

so i must fetch my friend from her house and drive her to tampines and shop when i got no business to do there..

i might sound abit stingy but everything is money.. still must drive back to toa payoh after that..

once awhile nevermind

but every time go out must drive them to the place and fetch them back.

end of the day who is going to pay for my petrol? parking ?

i work so hard for the money but they didnt appreciate me at all

at least bother to treat me dinner or buy me movie to let me feel better..

any advise to counter them ?

sometimes even more dulan, go their house to fetch them i still must wait for them to get ready instead of coming down straight when i reach..

wtf right!

It's not "just" petrol and parking. Consider the other hidden costs involved - miles and wear on your car (that increase the maintenance costs and decrease resale value). Then there's the legal risk - suppose you suay suay meet with a serious accident. You're OK, but one of your friends is hurt. Can you be certain they won't turn around and sue you for medical expenses?

OK, I'm being quite calculating here, but the point is simple (and others have already made it) - don't go too far out of your way to please others. You are not a slave.

↡ Advertisement